Managing networks, especially in an organization, is one of the most important in the IT sphere. In today’s world, port switches are seen as one of the very vital equipment when it comes to managing networks. Apart from the fact that they help properly manage communications between various channels, they also prevent various communication breaches and unauthorized access to the network.
With the importance of Port switches already established, this post takes a look at one of the most common types of port switches today – 48-Port Switch. Here, we will talk about the prices of the various types available and things to consider before buying one.
Cost of 48-Port Switch in Nigeria
48-port Switches are available in various types and sizes. They vary in designs, capacities, in some cases, speed, and of course, prices. They can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from distributors across the country.
For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary computer stores or via e-commerce. Here, we will take a look at the prices of some of the most common types and brands of 48-Port Switch in Nigeria today.
Cisco 48-Port Switches & Prices
- Cisco Catalyst 48 Port Switch (CISCO-WSC2960-48TT-L – N220, 000 – N280, 000
- Cisco Catalyst 48 Port 10/100 PoE+ 2T/SFP Switch- WS-C2960+48PST-L – N400, 000 – N440, 000
- Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-48TS-S, 48 Port Switch – N890, 000 – 920, 000
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48FPD-L Ethernet Switch 48 Ports – N600, 000 – N660, 000
- Cisco Catalyst WS-C3850-12X48U-S, 48 Ports Switch – N1.3 million – N1.6 Million
- Cisco WS-C3850-48P-L, 48 Ports Networking Switch – N900, 000 – N1.1 million
- Cisco WS-C2960L-48PQ-LL, 48 Ports Networking Switch – N700, 000 – N760, 000
- Cisco C9300-48P-E, 48 Ports Networking Switch – N1.3 million – N1.4 million
TP-Link 48-Port Switch
- TP-Link 48-Port 10/100Mbps Rackmount Switch – TL-SF1048 – N42, 000 – N55, 000
- TP-Link 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch – TL-SG1048 – N105, 000 – N120, 000
Ubiquiti 48-Port Switch
- Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 48-port PoE Switch 500W – US-48-500W – N360, 000 – N380, 000
Engenius 48-Port Switch
- Engenius 48 Port Gigabit POE Smart Managed Switch (EWS-7952FP) – N420, 000 – N430, 000
The variation in prices is as a result of various factors, which usually includes the place and period of purchase and currency exchange rate at the period of purchase. It should also be noted that power output rate and types of juice extractors significantly affect the eventual prices they go for. In addition, the capacity of the juice extractor affects the eventual price as well.
Things to Consider Before Buying a 48-Port Switch
The market for 48-Port Switches has enjoyed momentous boast in recent times. Due to high demand of the equipment, there are now various types, brands, class and designs in the market. These various options have only made it more difficult for one to pick a particular one to settle for.
When you are buying a 48-Port Switch, it is important to consider some basic factors. These factors will help you further simplify your options and pick the best switch that suits your need. Some of these factors include:
This is one of the core factors to consider when buying a 48-port switch. There is more to a switch’s speed than just its Ethernet speed evaluation. Modern networks usually run at about 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps, and a switch should support the fastest speed in use on a given network.
Another important contemplation is how swift the device can really switch and change which computer is linked to which at a particular time. For instance, if a switch supports GB Ethernet speed but cannot cope with the number of diverse connections coming in and out of the switch, there is a huge chance that the network performance will deteriorate. Also, a full-duplex 48-port switch, which can send a full speed signal at once that it receives a full-speed signal can function up to twice as fast as a half-duplex switch.
Power of Ethernet
With the diverse types of devices being constantly linked to business networks, a 48-Port switch that can send a power signal over an Ethernet connection is even more important these days. PoE support allows a switch openly power IP phones, wireless access points, Internet Protocol security and in some cases, even surveillance cameras. This saves corporations and businesses the stress of running separate power cables to those devices.
This is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a 48-port switcher and should be at the core of your plans, in fact. 48-port switches vary heavily in prices depending on the type you are going for. It is essential for you to set a budget. Although not in all cases, this will help you significantly limit your options and help you pick one.
Intelligence of Switch
Business-grade switches usually have additional intelligence, although they come at more expense in most cases. At a minutest, they need to be able to check a packet to see where it should be moved. Layer 3 switches, for instance, go even further and examine packet’s IP envelope to even provide routing capabilities. They can also lead to much more effectual network utilization, although you should be ready to pay more.
This is another important fact to consider. While some brands have developed strong reputation for manufacturing fast and effective 48-port switches, some are not yet proven. It is always safer to read reviews of the switch you are looking to get before splashing cash on it.
- Power Bank Price in Nigeria (2021)
- Plastic ID Card Printer Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Manual Changeover Switch Price in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Soldering Iron Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- 48-Port Switch Price in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Airtel 4G Router Price in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Studio Microphone Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Oraimo 20,000 mAh Power Bank Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- TP Link Routers & Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Bluetooth Wireless Earpiece Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Hair Dryer Price in Nigeria (June 2021)
- 10 Cheapest MiFi Devices in Nigeria (June 2021)