There are different means of transportation from Abuja to Jos. Although transportation by air is still regarded as the fastest, most reliable and comfortable means of transportation, transportation by road offers a relatively cheaper option.
In terms of statistics, the Abuja-Jos route is one of the busiest in the North Central area of Nigeria, given the number of people that move between the cities. On average, over 15 buses move from Abuja to Jos every day, with various popular road transport companies travelling at least once per day.
If you are looking to travel from Abuja to Jos by road soon, whether for personal or official purposes, it is essential to know some basic details about the trip, including how much bus tickets go for. In this post, we will take a look at various prices of bus tickets from Abuja to Jos for several road transport companies. We will also consider the estimated duration of the trip from Abuja to Jos and also take a look at some nice places to visit in Jos.
Bus Ticket Prices from Abuja to Jos
The advancement of technology has positively affected a lot of things in Nigeria. Road transportation in Nigeria has been given a real lift in recent times. Booking a bus ticket from Abuja to Jos is now as comfortable as ever. Unlike the days you would need to visit the bus terminals or the transport company offices to book tickets for the trip, you can now easily book bus tickets wherever and whenever. In fact, you can be within the confines of your room and book a bus ticket to Jos provided you have access to the internet and a device you can connect to like your mobile phone, tablet or personal computer. With various bus companies offering various prices of bus tickets in recent times, it is essential to enquire about various prices of bus tickets for various bus companies to get the best possible deals.
Prices of bus tickets from Abuja to Jos vary with airlines. The prices of bus tickets are affected by lots of factors which include the price of fuel at the time of travel number of buses available to travel that route at that particular time, the rate of demand for the ticket and some other factors. Generally, the location of the bus terminal also affects the prices of the ticket. For instance, a bus company with a terminal in Utako or Jabi will offer a more expensive ticket than a bus company whose terminal is around Bwari or Dutse. Deservedly so, there is a significant distance between these terminals and hence, expect a difference in prices of bus tickets.
These discrepancies in the prices of bus tickets can also be dependent on the actual period of travel. For instance, prices of bus tickets are usually more expensive during festive periods and vacations. During these periods, a large percentage of people move between these cities and the rate of demand for ticket increases, and so does the prices. You should also note that conditions including the date and time at which bus tickets are booked do not really affect the prices of the ticket.
Let us take a look at popular road transport companies that ply the Abuja-Jos route. It should be noted that there are two main bus terminals where you can get a registered bus to Jos. Here, we will consider how much you get buses in these terminals and the addresses of the terminals.
- Plateau Riders Terminal: This is one of the most popular terminals for Abuja-Jos travellers. This Park is legendary and has branches across the country. The terminal is located at the heart of Utako, Abuja. Bus tickets to Jos can be purchased for anything from N6,000 (old price N1,500 to N2,000).
- Blue Whale: This is another bus terminal for Abuja-Jos travellers. It is located at Karu Village, Karu extension, Abuja. Bus fares range from N6,000 (old price – N1,500 – N2,000).
PRICES LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 6, 2023.
Please note that lots of unregistered buses pick people up between these two terminals and although these vehicles might be cheaper, they are sometimes unsafe and unaccounted for. Also, note that the “benefits” and packages involved with each road transport company vary. Although you can pick any of the buses available, it is essential to consider the packages they offer and other incentives attached to the ticket which might include feeding and other basic necessities.
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Bus from Abuja to Jos
- Budget: Although there is usually no significant difference in the prices of bus tickets from Abuja to Jos, it still remains one of the core factors to consider when deciding on a bus to follow. You should decide on the amount you are willing to spend on the trip and stick with it. Note of warning though, it is not advisable to board unregistered buses along the road. Although these buses are cheaper, they are far less convenient. Better safe than sorry.
- Route: There are different routes from Abuja to Jos. Although there is the main route, the bus company might have another route they follow for various reasons. Enquire about the route the bus is taking and check if it suits you and your plans.
- Distance from Terminal: Abuja is a big city and given the fact that some of these terminals are located on the outskirts of the city, it is essential you consider how far the terminals are to you. For convenience, go for a terminal closest to you.
- Packages: Various bus companies offer different packages. Enquire the packages that come with their ticket and check if it suits you. You should also consider the seating arrangement and the type of bus. Some bus companies serve their passengers snacks during the trip.
How long Does it take to Get to Abuja to Jos by Road?
The duration of the whole trip from Abuja to Jos varies. The duration depends on the speed of the vehicle and the route. On average, the trip is between 3 and a half hours to 5 hours. This depends on the take-off terminal and the condition of the vehicle. Some vehicles get to Enugu a few minutes before the estimated time while some others get there minutes later.
Prices of Travel by Road in Nigeria
- AKTC Price from Uyo to Lagos (December 2023)
- Abuja to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- Delta Line Price List (December 2023)
- Port Harcourt to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details
- Chisco Transport Price List (December 2023)
- JAC Motors Price List (December 2023)
- Prices of Traveling Boxes in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Peace Mass Transit Price List (December 2023)
- Abuja to Jos by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- Ekeson Motors Price List (December 2023)
- Lagos to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- Ibadan to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- GAC Motors Nigeria Price List (December 2023)
- Cross Country Transport Price List (December 2023)
- Lagos to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- Echolac Luggage Price List (December 2023)
- Warri – Itakpe Train Schedule & Ticket Prices (December 2023)
- Electric Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- GUO Transport Price List (December 2023)
- Libra Motors Price List (December 2023)
- Traveling Bags & Prices in Lagos, Nigeria (December 2023)
- Lagos – Ibadan Train Schedule & Ticket Prices (December 2023)
- ABC Transport Price List (December 2023)
- Lagos to Ghana by Road: Bus Prices & Other Details (2023)
- God is Good Motors Price List (December 2023)
- Benin to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2023)
- Traveling Box Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Kaduna – Abuja Train Schedule & Ticket Prices (December 2023)