Basmati rice is originally a common South Asian and Indian cuisine. However, it has spread to other parts of the world including Nigeria. This is majorly because of its amazing health benefits and delicious taste.
In this post, we will look at how much basmati rice costs in Nigeria. We will also share a few details that you should know about this type of rice.
Prices of Basmati Rice in Nigeria
There are several brands of basmati rice on the Nigerian market. These different brands come in different package sizes and at different prices. In this section, we will take a close look at the different brands, their packages, and their prices.
- Tropical Sun Golden Sella Pure Basmati Rice 5kg (pack of 2) – N12,500 – N14,000
- Laila Brown Basmati Rice 5kg – N9,000 – N10,000
- Maharani Indian Basmati Rice Suitable For Diabetics 5kg – N7,700 – N8,700
- Aani Golden Sella Basmati Rice 5kg – N6,900 – N8,000
- Royal Basmati Rice 9.07kg – N14,000 – N17,000
- Tropical Sun Premium Basmati Rice 5Kg – N8,400 – N9,500
- Lal Qilla Sella Basmati Rice (parboiled Rice) 5kg – N10,000 – N12,000
- Tropical Sun Golden Sella Pure Basmati Rice 5kg X 4 Units – N25,000 – N28,000
- TRS Basmati Rice 500g – N1,400 – N2,500
- Akash Basmati Rice 5kg pack of 2 – N14,400 – N16,000
- Pride Of India Indian White Basmati Rice Age Aromatic Grain Jar 3.3lb 1.5kg – N10,500 – N12,000
- Lal Qilla Basmati Rice Suitable For Diabetes & Obesity 1kg – N3,800 – N5,000
- Aani Golden Sella Basmati Rice 5kg – PACK OF 4 – N25,500 – N28,000
- Aani Premium Basmati Rice For Keto And Diabetic 5Kg – N12,000 – N14,000
- Pride Of India Quinoa & Basmati Whole Grain Mix – Brown Rice 1.5 24oz – N6,500 – N8,000
- Aani Golden Sella Basmati Rice 10kg 2 Bags – N24,000 – N26,000
- Akash Basmati Rice 5kg – N7,300 – N,8,300
- Lal Qilla Basmati Rice 5kg (Suitable For Diabetes & Obesity) – N20,000 – N22,000
- Aani Golden Sella Basmati Rice 10kg – N12,000 – N14,000
- Aeroplane Indian Basmati Rice 5kg – N8,800 – N10,000
- Tropical Sun Natural Brown Basmati Rice 2kg carton of 6 – N19,800 – N21,000
- Amazing Sella Extra Long Grains Basmati Rice 1 Kg pack of 2 – N5,500 – N7,000
- India Gate Basmati Rice Feast Rozana 5Kg carton of 4 – N27,000 – N30,000
Basmati Rice Nutritional Facts
Now that you know how much it costs to get basmati rice in Nigeria, let’s learn a little about its nutrient contents. It is important that you know the nutrient content of whatever foods you are eating. We should let you know that the type of basmati determines the exact nutrients that are present in the rice.
Usually, basmati rice is high in calories and carbs content. It also contains thiamine, selenium, and folate. Here’s what you get from a cup of cooked white basmati rice.
- Calories – 210
- Carbs – 45.6 grams
- Copper – 12% of the DV
- Fat – 0.5 grams
- Fiber – 0.7 grams
- Folate – 24% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Iron – 11% of the DV
- Magnesium – 5% of the DV
- Niacin – 15% of the DV
- Phosphorus – 6% of the DV
- Protein – 4.4 grams
- Selenium – 22% of the DV
- Sodium – 399 mg
- Thiamine – 22% of the DV
- Vitamin B6 – 9% of the DV
- Zinc – 7% of the DV
At this point, we should let you know that you get a higher content of carbs, fiber, and calories from brown basmati rice. Also, this type of basmati rice provides more vitamin E, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Benefits of Basmati Rice
Just like every other food, there are several benefits of eating basmati rice. In this section, we will list some of them.
- It is a great source of vitamins A, B, and D.
- Basmati rice is rich in minerals and vitamins. Some of these include calcium, thiamine, riboflavin, iron, niacin, and vitamin D.
- It doesn’t contain any cholesterol or fat.
- Basmati rice is free of sodium and is perfect for a balanced diet.
- It is a good source of resistant starch which facilitates the growth of bacteria that ensure bowel health.
- Effective in the treatment of diarrhoea in kids.
- Basmati rice is non-allergenic and is great for people suffering from digestive problems.
This post has shown you the most popular basmati rice brands on the Nigerian market. We have also shown you their prices and the benefits of eating basmati rice.