Data science, in simple terms, is an interdisciplinary field where scientists gather data and work with it to produce useful information. It combines an array of algorithms, systematic processes, and scientific methods to process raw data in an unstructured format. Today, different organizations work with an array of apps to gather as much data as they can get. These pieces of data help them to improve their products, services, and customer experiences.
Interestingly, the data that is gathered will do these companies no good if it is not properly analysed. Without the information, companies cannot make informed decisions. This is where data scientists come in. they help to extrapolate the data collected so that they can uncover trends in different areas of the business. Would like to take a data science course in Nigeria? This post will show you the best data science courses in Nigeria and their prices.
Best Data Science Courses in Nigeria & Prices
Here are some of the best data science courses in Nigeria and their prices:
Data Visualization with Microsoft Power BI
Training cost: N100,000 (+ 7.5 VAT)
Duration: 3 Saturdays
Data is a very important aspect of any business. This course will teach the student key approaches how to understand and work with Microsoft Power BI. The aim is to use this software to turn numbers into compelling information that will drive strategic business decisions.
After the course, the student should be able to do the following:
- Connect data, import, shape, and transform it for business intelligence.
- Author reports, visualize data, and schedule refresh automation for reports.
- Use natural language queries.
- Create dashboards and share them based on Power BI desktop reports.
- Create real-time dashboards with natural language queries.
Course Curriculum: Here are the modules you will take during this course. We have divided them per week.
- Understanding key concepts in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, and Data Visualization
- Overview of PowerBI functionalities and services
- Connecting to and importing data
- Transforming and modelling data
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping and combining data
- DAX queries
- Enriching data with business calculations
- Visualizing data
- Visualizing data and authoring reports.
- Report automated refresh scheduling.
- Creating dashboards based on reports and natural language queries.
- Publishing and sharing dashboards.
- Creating and leveraging custom visualizations in Microsoft Power BI.
- Recap of lessons.
- Live individual presentation of Capstone project.
- Feedback and guidance on how to present data visualization projects.
Business/Data Analytics Masterclass
Training cost: N100,000 (+ 7.5% VAT)
Duration: 5 Saturdays
data science course provides you with business-focused, project-based, and hands-on immersive training in data analytics for decision-making. Through this course, you will learn how to analyse business data, present findings, and provide meaningful conclusions that will inform business decisions. At the end of the training, you should be able to provide valuable insights into collected data. As such, you will find it easy to recognize, interpret, and summarize company data.
Course outline: Here is a summary of the class modules that will be covered during this training:
- Module 1: Step-by-step mastery of Machine learning practice along with key statistical concepts.
- Module 2: A deep dive into the most popular frameworks for linear and logistic regression in the real world. This will go along with a general appreciation of different prediction and classification techniques. You will also carry out hands-on training on the use of big machine learning in real-life situations so that you can understand preliminary data preparation, exploration, wrangling, and architecture requirements.
- Module 3: Physical hands-on group coaching on the use of Big ML to solve regression and classification problems with an array of industry-specific datasets.
- Module 4: Hands-on project on social media sentiment analysis using Orange3.
- Module 5: Hands-on data visualization project using Microsoft Power BI.
Class Structure: The class structure will take the following format:
- At least 3 hours of physical hands-on Group Coaching
- Online platform to allow for further coaching. You will also gain access to the latest artificial intelligence information and opportunities via this platform.
- Collection of over 10,000 AI learning videos from some of the top organizations and institutions around the world like Amazon, MIT, Nvidia, Microsoft, and Stanford.
- Enrolment into the Global Data Science Nigeria Community and Talent Platform.
- At least 4 hours of physical hands-on training.
- Internationally recognized certificate.
Mastering Structured Query Languages (SQL) Databases
Training cost: N25,000
Duration: 1 day
This course will provide insights regarding how to collect and properly interpret data using Structured Query Languages. It is no secret that this is one of the most sought-after business skills today. After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Create a database and interact with existing databases.
- Model real-world data and use SQL to generate reports.
- Write complex SQL queries across an array of tables.
- Answer company sales and performance questions through data analysis.
Course curriculum: Here are the modules that you will be exposed to during this course:
- Module 1: Introduction to MySQL database.
- Module 2: Installation and Overview.
- Module 3: Creating databases and tables.
- Module 4: Analysing data using the aggregate functions.
- Module 5: Crude commands. This includes the following:
- Introduction to CRUD.
- Introduction to WHERE.
- Introduction to Aliases.
- Introduction to the UPDATE command.
- Introduction to the DELETE command.
- Module 6: Run complex queries with MySQL logical operators and string functions.
Data Visualization for Beginners Workshop
Training cost: N25,000 (+ 7.5% VAT)
Duration: 1 day
We all know that data cannot deliver any value in its raw state. This is why businesses around the world are in search of individuals that can help them interpret their data. During this course, the student learns how to take on any kind of data visualization task. After the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Carry out hands-on data cleaning and manipulation using Power BI.
- Ensure business intelligence using Microsoft Power BI.
- Understand the best practices in data storytelling and business intelligence.
Course curriculum: Here are the modules you will study during this course:
- Module 1: Introduction to business intelligence.
- Module 2: Power BI installation and overview.
- Module 3: Data modelling and Power Query.
- Module 4: Hands-on data visualization with Power BI.
- Module 5: Data storytelling and presentation for analysts.
- Module 6: Deployment of business intelligence dashboards.
PRICES LAST UPDATED 13TH JANUARY 2023.