Just as it is for humans, feed is very important for the growth and development of your chickens. It doesn’t matter if you rear broilers or layers, your chickens need high-quality feed.
How much does chicken feed cost in Nigeria? There are different brands of feed on the market. Also, there are different categories of chicken feeds. Because of these factors, it is pretty difficult to determine the exact price of chicken feed on the market.
In this post, we will discuss the prices of chicken feeds in Nigeria. We will also show you the different types of chicken feeds available.
Prices of Chicken Feeds in Nigeria
As we mentioned above, there are different classes of chicken feeds such as layers mash, broiler starter mash, etc. Different brands have presented us with different products that come at different prices. Whether you are rearing your birds for business or personal consumption, knowing the prices of feeds is important. With this knowledge, you can plan a budget so that you don’t run into a loss.
So how much does the chicken feeds on the Nigerian market cost? It depends on what you want to buy. We have surveyed the market on your behalf. After our survey, we have come up with a list of the most popular chicken feed products and their prices. Check our list below:
- GroGel Plus B (Unique Hydrating Gel with Probiotics for Day Old Chicks): From ₦1,850
- Growers Mash (Hybrid Brand) – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,470
- Layers Mash (Hybrid Brand) – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,650
- Hybrid Feeds Layer Mash – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,650
- Top Feeds Grower Mash – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,650
- TopFeeds Grower Mash – 25kg: From ₦6,800
- Pre-Lay Mash (Hybrid Brand) – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,850
- Chick Mash (Hybrid Brand) – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,870
- Topfeed for Layers (Mash | Crumbles) – 25kg Bag: From ₦6,950
- Topfeeds Layer Mash – 25kg: From ₦7,200
- Hybrid Feeds Finisher Pellet – 25kg Bag: From ₦7,200
- Hybrid Broiler Super Starter |Mash | Crumble: From ₦7,250
- Top Feed | Chick Mash | 25kg Bag: From ₦7,450
- Hybrid Chick Feed | Crumbles – 25kg Bag: From ₦7,610
- Broiler Finisher Mash (Hybrid Brand) -25kg Bag: From ₦7,970
- TopFeed Broiler Finisher Feed (Mash | Pellets) – 25kg Bag: From ₦8,150
- TopFeeds Starter Feed for Broiler Chicks (Mash | Crumbles) – 25kg Bag: From ₦8,150
- Super Starter for Broiler Chicks (TopFeeds Brand | Mash | Crumbles) – 25kg Bag: From ₦8,200
- Broiler Starter (Top Feeds Brand) 25kg: From ₦8,300
- Top Feeds Broiler Finisher (Mash | 25kg): From ₦8,300
- Top Feeds Super Starter 25kg: From ₦8,400
- Finisher Feed | Hendrix Brand | 25kg: From ₦8,725
- Ultima Finisher Pellet for Broilers (Olam) 25kg Bag: From ₦8,975
- Ultima Starter Pellet for Broilers (Olam) 25kg Bag: From ₦8,975
- Starter Feed | Hendrix Brand | 25kg: From ₦8,975
- Ultima Super Starter Pellet for Broilers – 25kg Bag: From ₦9,125
- Broiler Grower Feed (Hendrix Brand | 25kg): From ₦9,250
- Broiler Grower Pellets | Hendrix Feeds | 25kg Bag: From ₦9,450
- Wheat Offal (Wheat Bran) – 50kg: From ₦10,200
- Wheat Bran (Crown Flour Mill Brand | 50kg): From ₦10,200
- Wheat Offal | Golden Penny Brand – 50kg: From ₦10,200
- Wheat Offal – 50kg: From ₦10,200
- Wheat Offal (Wheat Bran | Flour Mills-Golden Penny Brand) – 50kg: From ₦10,500
- Pre-starter Feed | Hendrix Brand | 25kg: From ₦11,350
- Terratiga Layer Grower Feed | 50Kg: From ₦14,800
- Terratiga Layer Starter Feed | 50Kg: From ₦16,600
- Soybean Derivatives (Soya bean Meal | Full-Fat Soya | Soya Crude Oil): From ₦19,800
- Soybean By-Products (Soybean Meal| Full-Fat Soya): From ₦21,750
- Layers Premix | Vit +Min | 25kg: From ₦33,814
- Layer Rearer Concentrate | Hendrix Brand: From ₦38,750
- All Pro-Feed 10kg (Adamore Brand): From ₦45,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 22, 2022.
Note that the prices of these products are subject to change depending on the cost of raw materials and other market forces. Also, they may differ from what we have on this list depending on your location and the vendor you purchase from. We suggest that you purchase your feed from brand depots or certified distributors.
Types of Chicken Feed
We told you earlier in this post that there are different categories of chicken feed. Usually, these feeds are formulated to provide the birds with the right amount of nutrients. Chickens are at different stages of development, and it is important to purchase the right feed for their stage of development. Here are some of the common chicken feed categories:
The starter feed is given to chicks at the youngest level. It is mostly in crumble form so that the chicks can pick them with their beaks easily. This category of feed contains about 20 percent of crude protein to help the birds grow quickly.
This feed is administered from day-old to about 20 weeks. It all depends on what the owner prefers. Most manufacturers formulate grower feed with between 18 and 20 percent of crude protein. This feed helps to save money as you can use it across several ages. Most farmers prefer to use grower feed instead of starter feed.
If you are raising layers, then you should feed your birds with layers mash. This class of feed contains higher crude protein than grower feed. The reason for this is that it is necessary to help the bird to produce eggs.
This class of feed is used to feed your broilers if you make use of starter feed. As such, you administer broiler feed after your birds have outgrown starter feed. Usually, broiler feed contains between 20 and 22 percent crude protein.