Combination-3 is becoming more common in the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria today. This medicine is widely used as an emergency contraceptive to avoid pregnancy especially when used within 3 days of having unprotected sex. Although this is the most common use of the drug, it is also used to avoid pregnancy for up to three year and also reduces or generally correct short term changes of menopause, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and in some cases, iron deficiency anaemia.
With the importance and usefulness of Combination-3 gaining more grounds in recent times, this post takes a look at how much it goes for in Nigeria today.
Combination-3 price in Nigeria revealed
There are many types and brands of emergency contraceptive pills in the Nigerian pharmaceutical industry today. While the Combination-3 pill is not the most common nor the most readily available, it is rated among the most effective and hence, one of the most reliable.
There are different types of Combination-3 but the most common in this part of the world is the type that comes in a sachet. It contains 21 active pills and 7 inactive pills. As it stands, a sachet costs between N150 and N300, depending on the place and period of purchase. While the price it goes for is largely affordable, the availability has been the major challenge faced.
Uses of Combination-3
Combination 3 Tablet is an emergency contraceptive which is used for the treatment, prevention and in most cases, improvement of some certain diseases and conditions. Generally, the medicine is used as a contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy when used within 3 days after having unprotected sex. Also, the drug is used to avoid pregnancy for even up to three years. The most popular use of the drug is that it is used to prevent pregnancy. In some cases, combination 3 can be used to reduce or generally curb short term changes in menopause.
With loads of issues associated with hormonal imbalance in recent times, Combination 3 has been recommended to curb some of these effects. The drug is also used to curb iron deficiency anaemia, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and in some few cases, the drug is used in cases of failure of ovarian development.
Other, non-contraceptive benefits of these pills include:
- Reduced risk of ovarian and endometrial cancers, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, breast diseases.
- The drug also help improving in acne.
- It is also used to help reduce pain Less-severe menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea)
- The drug is also used in reduction in androgen production as a result of polycystic ovary syndrome
- It is used for reduction in heavy menstrual bleeding due to uterine fibroids.
- It is used to relief from premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- It is used to enhance shorter, daintier and more-predictable periods.
Side Effects of Combination-3
Almost all pills have side effects. While the fashion at which people react to drugs vary, it is always important to note the likely side effect of the medicine being used. For combination 3, some patients have complained about some reactions they noticed while using the drugs and, in some few cases, after they are done with the dosage. While some of these side effects are temporal and usually not harmful, some others take longer time to clear. Side effects like this are expected to be communicated to the medical doctor as soon as possible.
It should be noted that a projected 9 out of 100 women using combination birth control pills will get pregnant in the first year of use. If expressly used as directed by the medical personnel, the pregnancy rate is less than 1 in 100 women every year.
Although taking combination 3 birth control pills during early pregnancy does not necessarily increase the risk of birth deficiencies, it is best to stop them as soon as you suspect you could be pregnant.
Combination-3 birth control pills can cause side effects which inclde:
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting — This side effect is more common with continuous-dosing or extended-cycle pills
- Breast tenderness
- Elevated blood pressure
It is very important to consult your medical doctor when you notice one or more of the following symptoms;
- Abdominal pain
- Breast lump
- Chest pain
- Depression or anxiety
- Difficulty speaking
- Eye problems, which can include blurred or double vision or loss of vision
- Jaundice — yellowish staining of the skin
- New or deteriorating headaches
- Austere allergic skin rash
- Severe leg pain or swelling
- Severe mood swings
- Two consecutive missed periods or signs of pregnancy.
Before using Combination 3 Tablet, it is important for patients to inform their medical doctor about current list of medications they are using. This should include over the counter products like vitamins, herbal supplements, and so on. They should also inform the doctors about reactions and sensitivities, pre-existing diseases, and current health state. Some health conditions could make you more prone to the side effects of the drug. It is essential to take the medication as directed by the doctor or follow the direction written on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
It is very necessary to inform your doctor if your situation persists or worsens. Here are some facts to note before taking the drug.
- If you are older than 35 years, consult your doctor before use
- Avoid smoking during drug intake
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes, obesity, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, mild hypertension, migraine, mental illness or gallbladder disease before using the drug.
- Spanish Gold Fly Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Cost of ARV in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Azithromycin Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Doxycycline Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Addyzoa Prices in Nigeria (October 2020) + Uses & Dose
- Amoxicillin Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Double Stemcell Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Combination-3 Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Prices of Apple Cider Vinegar in Nigeria (2020)
- Proargi9 Plus Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Lonart Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Alpha Testo Boost Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Cellgevity Price in Nigeria (2020) & Other Details
- P-Alaxin Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Livolin Forte Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Pregnacare Plus Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Appeton Weight Gain Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Augmentin Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Ulcer Kit (Ulsakit) Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Prices of Vitamin E Oil & Capsule Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Dostinex Prices in Nigeria (October 2020)