With the state of the economy as it is today, many people are finding it increasingly tough to cover their day-to-day expenditures, talk less of the extra medical costs of dental care. This is mostly the case for those of you who may not have health insurance that exactly covers dental health.
Today, the use of dental braces is no longer restricted to kids. Adults now take extra steps to ensure their dental health is perfect, leading to more demand for dental braces in Nigeria today. Whether to correct venerable dental issues like occlusions or to simply improve the teeth overall appearance, the importance of dental braces cannot be overemphasized.
Here, we will take a look at how much dental braces cost in Nigeria today.
How Much Do Dental Braces Cost in Nigeria?
On average, dental braces cost between N300,000 and N3 million depending on the type of braces, nature of dental issue diagnosed and currency exchange rate at the period.
Dental braces are available in various types and applications depending on the dental issue being treated, and they also vary in prices. It is essential for people to understand these factors when estimating the average price of dental braces in Nigeria. This means that some detail about a person’s dental diagnosis is vital in order to come up with the superlative idea as to how much it will cost for them to get the braces they need.
Types of Dental Braces & Prices
There are different types of dental braces. These different types vary in procedure and prices. The same as with most other products, the cost of dental braces heavily depends on the diagnosed problem, the nature of the prescribed solution, the complexity of fixing the braces, the type of material used and sometimes, the brand of the products.
Here are some of the common dental braces types available today.
Metal braces is one of the most common types of dental braces today. The braces are made of stainless steel or stainless and nickel titanium, and are largely the least expensive. Metal braces cost between N500, 000 and N1.5 million in total.
This type is the most common type of braces seen used with younger people, with a lot of people going for this type because of the price. They also available in different types made from different materials. Gold plated braces are one of the most expensive of the metal braces available.
This type is also referred to as clear braces. This type of dental braces have ceramic brackets that are made the exact colour as the patient’s teeth so they blend easily. The wire is a clear plastic strand, which makes it quite difficult for people in a considerable distance to even notice it.
These have become ever more popular with both younger and older people since they are so much less obvious. While the ceramic braces are nice and lovely, they can be quite expensive. They range between N800, 000 and N2 million, depending on the dental clinic and how long the patient will wear it. This type is also prone to breakage as it is quite fragile and should be handled and worn with care.
This type rates among the most expensive dental braces today. They are available in two main types: lingual braces, which are normal braces that are fit onto the backs of the teeth instead of the fronts; and Invisalign braces, which are clear with plastic Snap-On trays that act to rearrange teeth.
Invisible braces are among the most popular types of dental braces among older dental braces users, providing a choice for them to get their long-lasting dental issues dealt with without having to be worried with any kind of uneasiness in wearing visual braces out to their jobs or other public places.
This is one of the most expensive invisible braces in the dental world today. Lingual braces are generally quite expensive and in fact, rates among the most expensive braces type today. They can range between N1.2 million to 2 million depending on the hospital or dental clinic, location and, in most cases, difficulty of the application.
At first, lingual braces can be really painful while they get better with time, although they are certainly less visible than normal braces, and many find them well worth the expense once the initial pain wears off.
This is the simpler type of the invisible. They are also regarded as a simpler version of the lingual. These plastic trays help to carefully rearrange the teeth into more correct positions over time and, though the regular user of this type of dental braces usually needs multiple trays. The good news is the price is not on the high side.
Average Invisalign treatment ranges around N600, 000 and N1.3 million in most hospitals. The main disadvantage to this type of dental treatment is that it the process can take longer time and wearer might not get as fast result as the other types. Considering the fact that the dental braces are invisible though, the wearer should be able to comfortably wear it for a long time, going for necessary check-up and still be very fine. The initial process is quite painful, as expected but the pain significantly reduces with time.
The overall prices of dental braces depend on the location, the type you are going for and sometimes, the currency exchange rate.
- Cost of Ultrasound Scan in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Laparoscopy in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Fohow Products Price List (November 2022)
- Cost of Tuberculosis Test in Lagos Nigeria (November 2022)
- Synlab Price List (November 2022)
- Cost of Treating Hepatitis B in Nigeria (2022)
- Sphygmomanometer Prices in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of IVF in Nigeria (2022): All You Need to Know
- Cost of Endoscopy in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Dental Braces in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Radiotherapy in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Dialysis in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Glucometer Prices in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of DNA Test in Nigeria (November 2022)
- The Cost of Hysteroscopy in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Medical Exam for Canada Immigration in Nigeria
- The Cost of Kidney Transplant in Nigeria (2022)
- The Cost of IUI in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Pap Smear in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Kuding Tea in Nigeria (2022)
- Afriglobal Medicare Price List (November 2022)
- Me Cure Nigeria Price List (November 2022)
- Cost of HSG Test in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of MRI in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Omron Blood Pressure Machine Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Fibroid Surgery in Nigeria (November 2022)
- Cost of Chemotherapy in Nigeria (2022)
- Nordica Fertility Centre Price List (November 2022)
- Cost of PCR Test in Nigeria (November 2022)