Having a healthy diet and maintaining a balanced lifestyle is very important when trying to conceive and al through pregnancy. While there have been so many conception formulas and various types of vitamin combinations circulating over the internet, it is essential to select the ones that are credible and trusted. Pregnacare is one of the vitamin supplements in this category.
In this post, we will take a look at the uses of Pregnacare, the possible side effects of the medication, the precautions, and most importantly, how much the supplement goes for in the current market in Nigeria.
Cost of Pregnacare in Nigeria Today
Pregnacare is one of the most popular medications produced by Vitabiotics. It is one of many pregnancy care drugs produced by the brand. There are many similar drugs manufactured by the same brand, one of which is the Pregnacare Plus. The drug currently sells for anything between N6,000 and N19,000 per pack, depending on where you are purchasing it from. They are available for purchase purchased from various top-rated medicine stores across the country. They can also be easily ordered from various ecommerce stores in the country.
Pregnacare: What You Should Know About the Medication
Pregnacare is one of the most post popular and in-demand pregnancy vitamin supplement in the Nigerian market today. The supplement is a mix of multivitamin mainly used to avoid vitamin deficiency as an effect of unhealthy dieting especially during pregnancy. The supplement is also used to treat vitamin deficiencies during pregnancy. The importance of sufficient vitamins during pregnancy cannot be overemphasized. Apart from the fact that they serve as important building blocks of the body, they also help keep the unborn child and the mother-to-e in great shape and overall standard health condition. The medication is usually taking by mouth.
It is very essential to follow the directions as stated in the leaflet or better consult your doctor before taking the medication. Generally, the Pregnacare is expected to be taken once daily, except otherwise directed by the doctor. Regardless of the condition you are looking to curb, it is advisable not to take more than the recommended dosage per day so as to avoid health complications and side effects. Also, it is advisable to follow the recommended dosage regularly to get the very best of the medication. Doctors have always advised to take the medication around the same time per day.
Are All Pregnant Women Required to Take Prenatal Vitamins?
This is one of the very common questions asked today. Generally, it is very important for pregnant women to take proper nutrition as it is great for the baby’s health. Proper nutrition includes important supplements and vitamins that aid fetal development. Generally, if you take well dieted food, they contain the necessary nutrients required for the healthy development of the baby. However, medical practitioners still advice the use of prenatal vitamins like Pregnacare especially when the person is planning to conceive or already pregnant, as they are good for the baby’s health.
Precautions When Taking Pregnacare
It is essential to note that pregnacare supplement cannot be used based on self-medication. Before taking the drug, it is essential to have a discussion with you pharmacist or doctor in case you have allergies to any of the drug’s constituents or any allergies at all. This is because the medication may contain active ingredients that could trigger these allergies and worsen the condition. If you have underlying health conditions, especially conditions like liver problems, stomach problems like ulcer, or issues with alcohol, you need to discuss explicitly with your doctor before you use the medication. In cases where the multivitamin you are taking also has folic acid, ensure you discuss with your doctor or pharmacist if you have pernicious anemia before taking it. This is because Folic acid could further affect certain lab tests for vitamin B12 deficiency without treating this deficiency, and this could result in serious nerve issues.
Side Effects of Pregnacare
Just like many other sensitive drugs, there are a few side effects that accompany the use of Pregnacare. These side effects come in various types and vary heavily on the person’s response to the medication. Some of the side effects that accompany the medication are temporal and lasts within days and weeks, some others are more serious and lasts up to months or years. This depends on the user’s general response to the medication
One of the most common side effects patients have complained about is Constipation. More than 30 percent of users tend to experience mild constipation at some point while using the medication. Some other common side effects include diarrhea, dizziness and stomach upset. The side effects as started here are usually mild and temporary. The body adjusts to these side effects in no time and the symptoms disappear. In cases where the symptoms are persistent and worsens, patients are advised to contact their pharmacists or doctors as soon as possible.
In some cases, although rare, patients have tendencies to experience some more serious side effects. Some of these side effects include rashes, swelling or itching of the face, throat, or tongue, severe dizziness and difficulty in breathing. Once any of these symptoms are noticed, it is essential for the patient to contact the medical doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible. There are also some side effects not mentioned here. Hence, it is important to reach out to your doctor once you notice strange reactions in your body which could be as a result of the medication.
- Best Blood Tonics in Nigeria & Prices (October 2022)
- Doxycycline Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Azithromycin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Permethrin Cream Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Proargi9 Plus Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Podophyllin Cream Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Greenlife Product and Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Clomid Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- BF Suma Products Price List in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Livolin Forte Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Ulcer Kit (Ulsakit) Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Wellwoman Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Addyzoa Prices in Nigeria (October 2022) + Uses & Dose
- Dostinex Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Prices of Apple Cider Vinegar in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Vitamin E Oil & Capsule Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of ARV in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Cost of Pregnacare in Nigeria (2022)
- Augmentin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Alpha Testo Boost Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- P-Alaxin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Combination-3 Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Pregnacare Plus Price in Nigeria (2022)
- NeoLife Products Price List in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Amoxicillin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Wellkid Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Spanish Gold Fly Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Lonart Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Appeton Weight Gain Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Cellgevity Price in Nigeria (2022) & Other Details
- Double Stemcell Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Neurovit Forte Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)