Sugar is a very important commodity that you will find in most homes. We use sugar for our beverages and in making several kinds of delicacies, especially in baking. Sugar has become a major part of our diet that even when people consider it a bit unhealthy, we find in most foods we eat.
There are different brands of sugar in the Nigerian market. Dangote Sugar is one of them and this company regards itself as the biggest indigenous brand of sugar in the country. Several questions come to mind when you talk about Dangote Sugar. Some of them include, “how much is Dangote Sugar in Nigeria?” “Where can one buy Dangote Sugar?” “Are there any health benefits of consuming sugar?”
Want to find out the answers to these questions? Continue reading this post.
Dangote Sugar Prices in Nigeria
Dangote is one of the leading companies in Africa and it has many divisions. While Dangote Sugar wasn’t born in the 1970s, the parent company had been dealing in the importation and distribution of sugar. Over the years, the company has developed its sugar brand and begun manufacturing raw sugar into non-fortified and Vitamin A fortified granulated sugar.
It has several offerings on the market in different sizes including 250 grams, 500 grams, 1 kilogram, and 50 kilograms. How much does it cost to purchase any of these products? We have surveyed the market and come up with the list below:
- Dangote Granulated Sugar – 1kg (5 Packs): ₦5,000 – ₦7,000
- Dangote Refined Granulated Sugar – 1kg X 10: ₦9,500
- Dangote Refined Granulated Sugar – 1kg X2: ₦2,150 – ₦2,350
- Dangote Refined Granulated White Sugar – 500g (2pcs): ₦2,300 – ₦2,500
- Dangote Refined Granulated White Sugar – 500g (X 20): ₦11,000 – ₦20,000
- Dangote Refined Granulated White Sugar – 500g (X 6): ₦6,000 – ₦7,500
- Dangote Refined Granulated White Sugar – 500g (X5): ₦4,000 – ₦5,500
- Dangote Sugar – 250g X 20: ₦8,000 – ₦13,000
- Dangote Sugar – 250g X 40: ₦7,700 – ₦9,200
- Dangote Sugar – 250g X 5: ₦3,999 – ₦5,000
- Dangote Sugar – 500g X 2: ₦1,999 – ₦3,000
- Dangote Sugar – 500g X 20 (Bag): ₦7,700 – ₦8,500
- Dangote Vitamin A Fortified Refined Granulated Sugar – 1kg (2 Packs): ₦2,500 – ₦5,000
- Dangote Vitamin A Fortified Refined Granulated Sugar – 1kg (5 Packs): ₦6,200 – ₦7,000
- Dangote Vitamin A Fortified Refined Granulated Sugar – 250g (3 Packs): ₦1,499 – ₦2,500
- Dangote Vitamin A Fortified Refined Granulated Sugar- 500g (20 Pack): ₦10,000 – ₦13,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 21, 2022.
Kindly take note that the prices of these products fluctuate frequently. Because of this, we will constantly watch out for the latest prices and update this when we deem it necessary. You may also experience a little price variation depending on where you purchase these products.
Where to Buy Dangote Sugar in Nigeria
Now that you know the cost of Dangote Sugar in Nigeria, you likely have another question on your mind. Where can you buy sugar made by this brand? Interestingly, Dangote Sugar is one of the most popular brands of sugar in this part of the world so finding it shouldn’t be difficult. However, here are a few locations where you can purchase this sugar in person:
- Directly from the company (if you are a distributor).
- From distributors (if you are a wholesaler).
- Wholesalers (if you are a retailer).
- Local markets.
- Departmental stores.
- Roadside stalls.
Alternatively, you can purchase the sugar online through any of these online marketplaces:
Kindly note that ordering online may cost you extra charges for delivery. As such, this method is only advisable if you need to buy in large quantities.
Surprising Health Benefits of Sugar
Many people consider consuming sugar to be unhealthy because it is linked with several diseases, most popularly diabetes, tooth decay, and obesity. However, we must also note that no human can survive without consuming sugar. Sugar has several interesting health benefits and we will list some of them in this section:
- It is a source of instant energy.
- Very effective as a natural skin scrub.
- Sugar is an excellent source of nutrients.
- It helps to boost mood.
- Sugar helps to lighten the skin tone.