Courier services have become one of the most important aspects of our economy. Both businesses and individuals make use of these services to send parcels within and outside the country. Several courier companies are existing in Nigeria today. One such company is DHL Nigeria.
DHL is among the top courier companies in the world and it has branches in different countries including Nigeria. The company enhances global interconnectedness and has spread its tentacles to more than 220 countries scattered across different continents. In this post, we will discuss the cost of sending parcels per kg in Nigeria through DHL. Let’s get started.
DHL Prices per Kg in Nigeria
If you are reading this post, you are likely in search of the cost of using DHL services in Nigeria. As expected with a courier company of DHL Nigeria’s status, there are different product offerings. The company doesn’t have a fixed price per kg because several factors influence the cost. Some of these factors include:
- Location of the sender.
- Location of the recipient.
- Size of the parcel (These include A4 envelope (32 x 24 x 1 cm), one or two books (23 x 14 x 4 cm), shoebox (35 x 20 x 15 cm, and moving box (75 x 35 x 35 cm)). Note that you can also choose custom box sizes.
- Whether the sender is an individual or a business. Businesses have the luxury of choosing the mode of transport they prefer for transporting their goods.
- Mode of transport (for businesses).
While we cannot provide a specific price for sending items per kg via DHL Nigeria, you can get a quote from the company. All you need to do is visit the official webpage dedicated to getting DHL shipping quotes. With this out of the way, let’s discuss some other important pieces of information about DHL.
DHL Nigeria Products and Services
The world of logistics and courier services is becoming more complex by the second. Because of this, you need to choose the best service providers in the industry to help meet your courier needs. One brand that has stood out over time is DHL and it is because of the kinds of products and services that it offers.
We can split the products and services from DHL Nigeria into three groups:
- Document and parcel shipping
- Freight shipping
- Solutions and special expertise
DHL has made it easier for individuals and businesses to ship parcels and documents locally and internationally. Now, you can register online, generate quotes, find locations, schedule pickups, and track shipments to mention a few. You can even get discounts if you ship items frequently. Then there is the benefit of express delivery services when you need to ship documents very quickly.
If your business deals in containers, pallets, and other kinds of cargo, then you should consider using DHL. There are different modes of freight shipping under DHL Nigeria. These include:
- Ocean freight
- Rail freight
- Road freight
Just like it is with shipping parcels and documents, you can also engage DHL for express shipping services. In this case, at a little extra cost, you can ship your cargo from your location to any destination in 24 hours.
Divisions under DHL Nigeria
DHL Nigeria is an offshoot of DHL worldwide. The company specializes in logistics and courier services so it has a wide array of solutions for its customers. These solutions range from domestic parcel delivery to international deliveries using different means of transportation. Because of this, DHL has an array of divisions. We will discuss some of them in this section.
There are times when you are constrained on time and need to ship a parcel or document as quickly as you can. This is where the DHL Express division comes in handy. They provide you with tips on packaging your parcel, help you ship to over 200 countries, and allow you to track your parcel. Using the DHL Express services opens up an array of courier opportunities, especially if you are a business. One such opportunity is the ability to ship at subsidized rates if you ship frequently. Since the service extends to over 200 countries, your business not only saves time, you are not limited to certain regions.
DHL Global Forwarding
DHL has been in the logistics and courier business for several decades. As such, they have become experts in the game and understand different business needs. This is why they believe that they know what your business needs to thrive when it comes to shipping products globally. The company has a range of solutions for global freight forwarding to meet your demands. They include:
- Ocean freight: This mode is cost-effective and makes use of extensive equipment along with consolidation.
- Airfreight: If you need a very quick transportation solution, then you should consider air freight. Asides from the broad array of delivery speeds, it also offers a wide range of service options.
- Customs: If you have been having issues with customs duties, you should consult the DHL Global Forwarding division. They help to deal with customs delays, penalties, and unnecessary complexities. This division also provides consultancy services and extensive brokerage advice.
- Road freight: This freight option is flexible and very reliable. It is perfect for domestic deliveries and has a list of comprehensive options.
- Rail freight: This mode of transportation is cost-effective, reliable, and highly secure.
DHL eCommerce Solutions
This unit is the specialist that connects buyers and sellers all over the world. It helps businesses to expand beyond their immediate environment to deliver products to different countries. One of the major advantages of this division is that it allows customers to track their shipments. If you aren’t able to track a shipment, you can reach out to one of the company’s staff and they will help out.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 23, 2023.