Transportation in Nigeria has experienced some great changes over the past few decades. Although road transportation still remains the most accessed means of transportation in the country, much emphasis have been laid on transportation by air. Thanks to technology, transportation from one place to the other has been made easier through air transportation. Apart from the fact that this means of transportation is widely regarded as the fastest, it is the most convenient, smoothest and least prone to accidents. It is no wonder this means of transportation is gradually becoming the norm in the present age.
Lagos, one of the busiest cities in the world, has not only embraced the idea of transportation by air, they have wholly maximized the opportunity it brings. It is no news that Lagos holds a large chunk of population of Nigeria and lots of businesses are done in and around the city which means there is constant movement of people in and out the country. One of the most popular local destinations from Lagos is Abuja. Understandably so, Abuja, just like Lagos, is among the core parts of the country. The capital city of Nigeria is also seen as the core business district of the country, hence, lots of movement into the city.
Although transportation by air is not the only means of transportation from Lagos to Abuja, it is arguably the fastest, most convenient and most reliable. It is also regarded as the safest. If convenience and comfort are factors you take seriously, then you will cherish flight from Lagos to Abuja. In fact, according to statistics, flights from Lagos to Abuja and back to Lagos are the busiest local flights in Nigeria at the moment. On the average, about 10 airplanes leave Lagos for Abuja every day, with various popular airlines flying at least once per day.
Are you interested in knowing how much flight tickets from Lagos to Abuja cost in various airlines? You have come to the right place and reading the right article. In this post, we will take a look at various prices of flight tickets from Lagos to Abuja for several airlines. We will also consider the estimated flight time from Lagos to Abuja and also take a look at some nice places to visit in Abuja.
How much is Flight Ticket from Lagos to Abuja?
Transportation by air is by far the most expensive means of transportation in Nigeria. For a lot of reasons, people move from Lagos to Abuja either for vacation or business purposes. While a large chunk of the population still prefers to use the road while travelling to Abuja from Lagos, some others, understandably opt for transportation by air, largely to save time and for convenience.
Buying a flight ticket in Nigeria is not stressful. The fact that there are various airlines available today gives passengers various flight options, and hence, variation in prices. The various airlines in Nigeria offer varying flight ticket packages. Although there is usually no serous difference between these packages, some airlines offer packages that are way cheaper than others.
One major factor that affects the variation in prices of flight ticket is the time the ticket is booked. Generally, the earlier you book a ticket, the cheaper. A ticket booked one month to three weeks before the actual flight is usually some N3, 000 to N6, 000 cheaper than when booked some few days to the flight.
Here, we will take a look at prices of flight ticket from Lagos to Abuja focusing on some popular airlines. Due to the varying prices of flight ticket, we will list the prices from the lowest to the highest possible range irrespective of when the flight is booked. We will focus on economy flight ticket prices in this post.
One-Way Flight fom Lagos to Abuja
- Dana Airways: N22, 000 – N35, 000
- Air Peace: N22, 000 – N40, 000
- Med View Airline: N23, 000 – N40, 000
- Arik Air: N20, 000 – N35, 000
Return Ticket from Lagos to Abuja
- Dana Airways: N44, 000 – N75, 000
- Air Peace: N44, 000 – N70, 000
- Med View Airline: N45, 000 – N72, 000
- Arik Air: N40, 000 – N75, 000
Note that the variation in prices is as a result of certain factors which include date and time of booking. This means that it is possible for a flight slated between 12 pm and 2pm to be more expensive than the same flight from same airline slated for earlier hours on the same day.
How long does it take to fly from Lagos to Abuja?
Flight time varies for different airlines. Although same distance are covered, some airplanes are known to be faster than others. On the average, flight from Lagos to Abuja is about 1 hour 15 minutes. While some very few flights from Lagos take some few lesser minutes than the average time, some others take some few minutes more.
The calculated flying distance from Lagos to Abuja is about 536 Kilometres which equals about 333 Miles while the driving distance between these two cities is about 753 Kilometres.
Top Places to Visit in Abuja
Abuja is one of the most interesting cities to visit in Nigeria. It not only harbours some memorable and tourist places, it is also the home of some of the finest structures, playgrounds and parks in Nigeria. Even if you are going to Abuja on a business trip, it is worth the while to take a stop at certain places to enjoy nature and savour the beauty that comes with it. Here are some of the places you should visit in Abuja.
- Millennium Park: talk about appreciating the beauty of nature, Millennium Park brings that in abundance. The park is one of the best and coolest relaxation centres in Nigeria. With neatly trimmed grasses and beautiful flowers everywhere, you can be sure of maximum fun and a “chat” with nature.
- Aso Rock: Give it up for the tallest and largest building in the Federal Capital Territory. Not only is this structure a tourist attraction, it is also the house of the president of Nigeria. Aso Rock is a beautiful view from far and near and worth visiting.
- Magicland Amusement Park: Your visit to Abuja is incomplete with a stroll to this Park. Formerly called Wonderland Amusement Park, the Magical Amusement Park has all the shades of fun for young and old. The park will sure leave lasting memories.
Other places to visit include…
- Jabi Lake Park
- National Children’s Park and Zoo
- Gurara Fall
- Eagle Square, etc.
See Prices of Other Flights
- Cost of Traveling to South Africa from Nigeria (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to the UK from Nigeria (September 2023)
- Cost of Private Jet Flights in Nigeria (September 2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to India (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Uyo to Lagos (2023)
- Cost of Flight Tickets from Nigeria to Kuwait (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to China (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to Canada from Nigeria (September 2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Saudi Arabia (2023)
- How Much Is Flight From Lagos to Abuja? (2023)
- How Much is Flight from Lagos to Owerri in 2023?
- How Much is Flight from Abuja to Lagos? (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to THE USA from Nigeria (September 2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to USA (2023)
- How Much is Flight From Nigeria to Malaysia in 2023?
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Canada (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Dubai (2023)
- Price of Arik Flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos (2023)
- Prices of Arik Flight from Benin to Lagos (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to South Africa (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Australia (2023)
- How Much Is Flight From Lagos to Ghana in 2023?
- 5 Cheapest Airlines in Nigeria (September 2023)