Every economy thrives on small and medium enterprises. Glo understands this and has created a product that will meet the data needs of these small businesses. Allow us to introduce you to Glo MiFi, a product that allows you to provide data to several devices at once.
How much does it cost to own a Glo MiFi and what are the different MiFi data plans available from Glo? We will answer this question and several others in this post.
Glo MiFi Data Plans, Prices & Codes
It is no secret that Glo is one of the top telecommunications companies, not just in Nigeria, but the whole of Africa. This company has joined the 4G LTE trend for a while and has created a product that will allow SMEs to enjoy this range of internet services. Glo MiFi isn’t just designed for small and medium businesses. Individuals that want to share data with other devices at the same time can make use of this device.
The advantage of using a MiFi device is that it allows you to share data with different devices while maintaining equal internet speed. Glo’s MiFi device works on EDGE, HSDPA, 3G, and 4G LTE networks. The question that begs an answer at this point is, how much does the Glo MiFi device cost, and what are the different data plans?
Glo has recently reviewed the cost of the MiFi device. It used to cost as much as N30,000 but the price has dropped courtesy of the review. How much does the Glo MiFi device cost now?
- Glo MiFi device: N13,500
Purchasing and activating this device gives you access to a bonus of 30 GB and an additional 5GB data on purchase of data plans of N5000 and above for a period of 6 months. What are the different Glo MiFi data plans and their prices? For now, Glo hasn’t categorized its MiFi data plans. However, you can purchase data for your MiFi device for as low as N5,000. It is no secret that Glo loves to dish out bonuses to its subscribers, users of the MiFi are no different. You stand the chance of enjoying several bonuses upon each data purchase. We will look at some of the benefits of using the Glo MiFi later in this post.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: JULY 31, 2023.
Where to Purchase Glo MiFi
You are probably wondering where you can purchase the Glo MiFi. The good news is that you can find it at any of the Glo outlets scattered all over Nigeria. If you don’t want to leave your home, you can purchase the MiFi online by visiting any of the online retail stores such as Jumia and Konga.
While you spend N13,500 purchasing the device at any of the Glo Stores, you get a discount when you purchase it online. Usually, the discount is between N1000 and N2500 although, you might pay for delivery depending on your location.
Below is a brief description of what you will find in the package:
- A MiFi device that allows up to 10 different users to connect wirelessly to access the internet.
- The admin has access to the control panel to enable them to manage the connection. This access is available through a dedicated IP address.
- It comes with an adapter that you can use to recharge the battery of the device. Upon normal use, the device’s battery can last up to 5 hours. It also features the latest “fast-charge” technology so that getting it recharged after the battery goes flat isn’t a problem.
- Upon purchase and activation, you enjoy a data bonus of 30 GB. Along with this, you have access to a 5 GB of data bonus on all data recharges above N5,000 for the first 6 months after the activation date.
- There is a USB port that allows for external charging through power banks and laptops.
- It has an LCD panel to make it easy for users to access on-screen functions.
- The device isn’t bulky like most MiFi devices. It is lightweight so you can carry it around in a bag, pocket, or small pouch.
Benefits of Using Glo MiFi
We have already enumerated some of the benefits of using the Glo MiFi. In this section, we will go deeper to show you a few benefits that we have not talked about already in this post.
- The device package comes with three Glo CUG (Closed User Group) SIM cards. You can share these with family members or friends to enjoy Glo’s special CUG benefits.
- One of the main benefits of the CUG SIM cards is that users enjoy a free calling bonus all day and all night for the first 6 months after initial activation.
- All the SIM cards come with 500 minutes of free talk time along with 1500 minutes of free talk time across the SIM cards.
Glo MiFi FAQs
This section will answer some important “Frequently Asked Questions” about the Glo MiFi. Check them out below:
What is the Glo MiFi?
It is a device that allows users to share internet access with up to 10 different Wi-Fi-enabled devices at once. As such, it can connect laptops, mobile phones, tablets, desktop computers, smart TVs, and game consoles. You can use the MiFi for business and personal purposes.
What is the current Glo MiFi offer?
First-time users get a bonus data offer of 30 GB that is valid for 30 days. After you activate the device, you will get 5 GB of data upon purchasing any of the data plans from N5,000 upward. This offer lasts for the first six months after initial activation.
Who is eligible for the Glo MiFi offer?
Any Glo customer who has purchased the Glo MiFi device is eligible to enjoy the MiFi offer. Remember that the package comes with three CUG SIM cards asides from the operating SIM.
How to partake in the MiFi offer?
To partake in the Glo MiFi offer is pretty easy. All you need to do is to first purchase the MiFi device from any of the Glo Stores around the country, Jumia, or Konga. After this, you can register the SIM, switch on the device, and activate it. Once you do this, you will receive the 30 GB bonus and you can start to enjoy the other benefits.