Graphic design is a very important skill that is useful across several skills. It is no news that technology has changed the way we carry out publicity. Graphic design is necessary to properly convey the message of businesses through different media.
Are you an aspiring graphic designer or do you already have some knowledge in this area? Either way, you still need to enrol in graphic design courses to improve your skill. There is a wide array of graphic design courses in Nigeria. This post will discuss some of the most popular ones and their prices.
Graphic Design Courses in Nigeria & Prices
Graphic design is the practice and art of using textual and visual content to project ideas and experiences. In simpler terms, graphic design is a way of communicating messages or ideas using visual representation. When you view graphic design in this manner, you will agree that this field is quite wide.
Businesses, corporate organizations, sports bodies, non-profit organizations, and so on all over the world need graphic design to convey different types of messages. Because of this, graphic design is one of the most sought-after skills in the IT market today. If you would like to become a graphic design in Nigeria, there are several courses you can consider taking. This section will show you some of the popular graphic design courses in Nigeria you can consider.
Become a Professional Graphic Designer
Training cost: N7,500
Training Duration: 20.38 hours
This course is regarded as the ultimate crash course for individuals that want to learn graphic design. It is an introductory course that leads you by hand into the intricacies and principles of graphic design. Through this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Master some of the top graphic design software.
- Learn the key principles that govern graphic design and visual communication.
- Gather insight into the latest occurrences in the graphic design industry.
- Understand how to build your graphic design career.
We recommend this course for aspiring graphic designs, digital artists, and web designers. It is perfect for beginners and those who have gathered some experience. Some of the tools that will be used during the course include:
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
Here is the course outline showing the modules that you will study during this course:
- Introduction to graphic design
- Visual communication fundamentals
- Building successful layouts
- The tools to put it all together
- Starting a career as a graphic design
- Becoming a graphic designer
- Getting started with photoshop for graphic design
- Getting comfortable in the Photoshop environment
- Resizing and cropping images
- Creating and working with selections
- Working with layers
- Retouching and colour-correcting photographs
- Wrapping up: Photoshop for graphic design
- Getting started with Illustrator CC
- Getting comfortable in the Illustrator environment
- Working with selections
- Drawing shapes and paths
- Managing objects
- Working with colour
- Working with type
- Going further with Illustrator
- Saving and exporting your work
- Wrapping up: Getting Started with Illustrator CC
- Getting started with InDesign CC
- The InDesign Environment
- Working with documents
- Handling text in InDesign
- Working with shapes, colours, and graphics
- Saving and exporting your work
- Wrapping up
- Welcome to Getting Started with Dreamweaver CC
- Let’s get started with Dreamweaver
- Working with websites and browsers
- Building a web layout from scratch
- Inserting and formatting text and menus
- Inserting and formatting graphics
- Site rollout: Building out the site and going live
- Wrapping up: Getting started with Dreamweaver CC
Graphic Design Masterclass: Learn Graphic Design in Projects
Training cost: N24,900
Training duration: 3.55 hours
This course teaches participants to learn the principles of graphic design, typography, and colour and apply these principles to achieve better designs. Have you been wondering how top graphic designers are able to create eye-catching designs? This course takes you through the rudiments of graphic design so that you can get better results.
Who should take this course? Beginners that would like an introduction to the principles of graphic design. It is also great for intermediate graphic designers that need to improve their craft. To study this course, you need to subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud. Alternatively, you should have an older version of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. If you don’t have access to the premium, you can work with the 30-day Adobe Creative Cloud free trial.
The course is split into 7 sections. Check out the course modules below:
- Welcome to the exciting world of graphic design
- Master design principles for better design: Part 1
- Master design principles for better design: Part 2
- Amaze with the beauty of colour: Colour theory and application
- Typography: Understand and apply typographic design
- More practical graphic design projects and exercises
- Conclusion: Graphic design summary and extra resources
Canva Master Course | Learn Canva with Ronny
Training cost: N24,900
Training duration: 16.40 hours
Canva is one of the most popular graphic design platforms today. This web app allows you to design and save your designs in the cloud. During this course, you will learn the basics of Canva. It will show you the roadmap that will lead you to grow as a confident Canva graphic designer and content creator.
This training presents you with the theoretical and practical aspects of using Canva. You will learn how to create animated GIFs that can be used on social media, and edit videos for YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. It will also show you how to create a website using Canva. During the course, you will work on several projects including:
- A Facebook Ad
- A Facebook Cover
- A Facebook Post
- A Pitch Deck Presentation
- A Profile Picture for Social Media
- A Talking Presentation
- A TikTok Video
- A video tutorial for YouTube
- A YouTube Channel Art
- A YouTube Thumbnail
- An Animated GIF
- An Animated Social Media Post
- An Infographic
- An Instagram Post
- An Instagram Story
- Charts & Graphs for your Presentation
- Your Brand Style Guide
- Your Canva Website
Who should take this course? Here are some suggestions below:
- Virtual assistants that need to create videos, websites, and professional graphics for clients.
- Visual content creators.
- Social media managers.
- Beginner designers who have an interest in graphic design.
- Freelancers that will like to boost their careers via Upwork and Fiverr among other platforms.
- Entrepreneurs that seek to create a strong brand identity.
- Individuals that will like to start video editing using a simple platform.
PRICES LAST UPDATED 15TH JANUARY 2023.