Until recently when vegetable oil became more commonly used in households across Nigeria, groundnut oil was what you could refer to as the mainstay of Nigerian kitchens. From frying eggs, meat, fish and plantain, to jollof rice, spaghetti, and several other meals common to Nigerians, there’s so much groundnut oil is used for.
Before I forget, it is also a major ingredient for margarines. Apart from palm oil, it is the most commonly used cooking oil in Nigeria. The fact that it is called groundnut oil already gives an idea of its source, but do we even know how it is extracted?
People who deal in groundnut oil can clearly tell you how lucrative it is. A lot of the time, there are certain things we enjoy in life with no knowledge or idea of how they are made and what effort has gone into them. Groundnut oil for example requires an extraction process using an extraction machine. If you’re into groundnut oil production or you intend to start, a quality extraction machine is required. But just how much is it?
Groundnut Oil Extraction Machine Prices in Nigeria
Listed below are selected groundnut oil extraction machines in Nigeria and their prices.
- Groundnut/Peanut Oil Press Machine === N750,000
This machine is built for a much larger oil production from groundnut, soya and other nuts that contain oil. It is designed to use gear motor as well as electric-motor or engine with a belt drive. The type of machine is also largely determined by energy source.The choice of material used for fabrication also varies with price.
- Mini Oil Press Machine === N100,000 – N160,000
You can now make money from producing all kinds of oils, especially the popular groundnut oil and other expensive oils right from the comfort of your kitchen. With this mini oil press machine, there is no need for a big set up. It can press a number of seeds and nuts including Groundnuts, Sesame seeds, Linen Aberdeen, Walnut, etc. It can produce oil up to 6 kg per hour.
- Convertible Oil Extracting Machine === N600,000
This is a complete grain oil extractor with an extraction capacity of up to 40 kg per hour. It’s great for pressing soya beans, groundnuts, coconut and several other nuts that produce oil.
- Guangxin Groundnut Oil Processing Machine === N400,000
This Copra small cold press oil machine is made and distributed from China. It is regarded as one of the highest yield machines you can find. It guarantees you 92% of oil yield and does not affect the quality of the oil in any way.
- Auto Groundnut Oil Processing Machine by Zhengzhou QIE === N550,000
This automatic oil extraction machine is produced and distributed by Zhengzhou QIE, a company with a mark of quality spanning over decades. It can process more than 20 different oil crops including groundnuts, castor bean, soybean, sesame, coconut, rice bran, palm fruit, and even cottonseed. It also possesses special features such as Power Save and Energy Save and still producing the same high yield.
- OIL MACHINE Vegetable Oil Refinery Equipment/ Groundnut Oil Extraction and Refine Machine/Palm Kernel Oil Refine and Processing Machine === N600,000 – N1,000,000
The producers of this one, Oil Machine, are regarded as the best edible oil refinery machinery supplier from China. The machine is durable, is ISO and CE listed, comes with a 6-year warranty and offers almost a 100% yield of all nuts.
- 6YL-95 High Efficiency Groundnut Oil Processing Machine === N150,000 – N300,000
This highly efficient machine is a product of Henan New Elephants Machinery. Its high productivity and high oil output rate are what have put the product on the map. It is reliable and very convenient to use. Plus, it can be used for various seed such as groundnut, sesame, soybean, sunflower, rape seeds and so on.
Groundnut Oil Extraction Process
Producing groundnut oil, using a mechanical method involves a range of technical activities. It follows a process that involves three main stages, namely;
- Seeds Preparation
This is a very manual process that simply involves selecting the good groundnut seeds from the bad ones. Also, cleaning is done here to take away all dust components like sand, plant debris, stalk, and tiny rock particles. Breaking the seeds into smaller pieces so they can be easily milled is also done here. Furthermore, the moisture content is controlled through a conditioning process before they are heated up and made ready for the next stage.
This is the second phase and it is the production stage. The presser, usually a screw pressing machine, is loaded with the selected groundnut seeds. The screw of the machine warm presses the ground as they are driven further into the narrow part of the chamber. This constant pressure and rising temperature then force oil out of the groundnut. As the temperature rises, output increases. The oil squeezed out of the groundnut is then released through small holes made under the chamber. There you have your fresh, but crude groundnut oil.
This is the final process. Here, the fresh groundnut oil obtained from the presser is pumped through a filter to purify it. After filtering is done, the groundnut oil will then be taken to a refining machine for another three stages of refining. These are neutralization, bleaching, and deodorization.
However, for the sake of this post, we’re focusing only on extraction and the prices of machines you can use for the process. As I mentioned earlier, there are different types of groundnut oil extraction machines with different capacities and for different prices. Some are for large-scale industrial production. Others are for small-scale production.
With the economic situation in the country, a lot of people are thinking of businesses to go into. You should too, and oil extraction and processing seems like a very profitable choice. It is something that people will always need as long as they continue to eat. So the market is not the problem. Your indecision is.
See the cost of other machines in Nigeria
- Prices of Sewing Machines in Nigeria (March 2021)
- Butterfly Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Popcorn Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021 Update)
- Submersible Pumping Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Welding Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Sealing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021) – Nylon, Automatic, etc
- Groundnut Oil Extraction Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Electric Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Manual Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Industrial Weaving Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cake Mixer Prices in Nigeria (March 2021)
- Cost of Industrial Baking Oven in Nigeria (March 2021)
- Brother Industrial Sewing Machine Price in Nigeria (2021)
- POS Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)+ Dealers’ List
- Shoe Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Industrial Sewing Machines in Nigeria (2021)
- Current Prices of Photocopy Machines in Nigeria (2021)