Professional courses are becoming more popular in Nigeria today. This is because taking professional courses help to improve a person’s knowledge base. It also puts a person in a better position of landing good jobs.
One question that begs an answer is, “what are the hotcake courses in Nigeria currently?” Knowing the top professional courses to take in Nigeria today helps you to make the right decision when choosing courses to enrol in. This course will show you the hotcake courses in Nigeria and their prices. Let’s dive straight in.
Hotcake Courses in Nigeria & Prices
Professional courses are designed to provide information that will facilitate career progress, self-improvement, and skill development. Usually, these courses are designed to meet industry requirements as well as the needs of both employers and employees. A professional course can be full-time or part-time and can last from a few hours to a few months. This section will show you some of the hotcake professional courses in Nigeria and their current prices.
Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
This is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria today, and it is offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management. The body was established in 1968 and has since grown to be one of the biggest associations offering professional training in the country.
CIPM awards certificates to individuals that have completed any of their personnel management training programs. This way, the body offers value to personnel managers all over the country. If you want to build a career in personnel management or human resource management, then you should consider taking a course with this body. Some of the courses outlined for 2023 include:
- Fundamentals of HR functions: Value chains, policies, and processes
- Developing organizational talent
- Employment laws, regulations, and legal practices
- Fundamentals of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingness (DEI&B)
- HR Metrics and Analytics
- Compensation and Reward Management – The Practical Approach
- Strategic Change Management
- Business Partnering Across Functions
Training fee: The cost for each of these programs is different. To find out more about each course and its costs, click here.
Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
This is another professional organization that has grown in status over the years in this part of the world. The Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria is set up to oversee the affairs of marketers and other practitioners working in related fields like mass communication professionals, CEOs, sales executives, and general managers.
Asides from the individuals mentioned above, customer service managers, marketing directors, media planners, relationship directors, channel developers, value builders, creative directors, and brand builders should also consider taking courses from this professional body. Doing this presents them with a huge advantage and the opportunity to thrive in their careers. There are different CIM courses and several institutions all over the world are licensed to offer training. Some of the common CIM courses taken in Nigeria today include:
- Level 3 Foundation Certificate
- Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Level 7 Marketing Leadership Program
- Level 8 Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing
Training cost: The training cost for a CIM course depends on the institution providing the training.
Health Safety Environment Certifications in Nigeria
Health and safety is one of the most important courses you can take to increase your value in today’s labour market. It is a discipline that has a very wide scope and involves several other fields. Courses in this field seek to do the following:
- Promote and maintain the highest level of mental, physical, and social well-being of employees across industries.
- Protect employees from risks that may result from adverse conditions.
- Adapt different work processes to suit the abilities of employees.
- Ensure that workers have an occupational environment that promotes physical and mental wellness.
Upon earning an HSE certificate, you can work across several sectors. Some of them include:
- Oil and gas
Below are some of the basic hotcake HSE courses in Nigeria:
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE )level 1
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) level 2
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) level 3
- Advanced Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) course
Where can you take a course in HSE in Nigeria? Several bodies offer this training at different levels in Nigeria. Some of the biggest bodies include:
- Novelle training centre: Check details of their package here
- Lonadek: See the site for more detail here
- HSE train: Check details of their package here
- SGS Nigeria: Check the site for details here
- Hybrid consulting
Training cost: The Training cost depends on the institution that you enrol in.
Project Management Courses
Project management is easily the most popular professional course in Nigeria today and it has been for a while. When you take this course, you receive a certificate to show that you are a Project Management Professional. This certificate is internationally recognized and allows you to work across several sectors.
Asides from the Project Management Professional certificate, you can acquire other project management certifications. Some of the popular ones include:
- ACP: Agile Certified Practitioner
- APM: Associate in Project Management
- BVOP: Business Value-oriented Principles
- CAPM: Certified Associate in Project Management
- CompTIA Project+ certification
- CPD: Certified Project Director
- CPM: Certified Project Manager (IAPM)
- CPMP: Certified Project Management Practitioner
- CSM: Certified ScrumMaster
- CSSBB: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- CSSGB: Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
- GPM-IPMA Levels A–D
- MPM: Master Project Manager
- PMP: Project Management Professional
- PPM: Professional in Project Management
- PRINCE2 Foundation/PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management in IT Security (PMITS)
- Project Management Training Certification
Where can you bag a project management certificate in Nigeria? Several institutions provide different project management trainings with internationally recognized certificates in Nigeria. Below are some of the more recognized institutions and their locations in Nigeria:
- JK Michaels Project Management (Lagos)
- ITPLUS (Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kaduna, Eket, and Kano).
- Counterhouse Consultants (Lagos).
- Project Management Institute (Lagos, Kaduna, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Benin, and Abuja).
- CPMA Consulting Managing Training (Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Ibadan).
- Cornea Consultants (Lagos)
- Consulting Prowess (Abuja, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin, and Port Harcourt).
- Longhall Consulting (Lagos)
You can also consider taking a project management course online.
Training cost: The training cost differs for each of these institutions.
PRICES LAST UPDATED 29TH JANUARY 2023.