It is easy to see why ketchup have grown increasingly popular in the market today. Apart from the fact that it is one of the most dynamic ingredient and pastry to have in a modern kitchen, its usefulness has also grown to a significant height today. Although ketchup is used mainly as a dipping sauce, it also serves as a condiment that can be added to food when cooking.
With a lot of people now looking to add ketchup to their kitchen condiment collection, this post takes a look at prices of some of the common types available in Nigeria today.
What are ketchup prices in Nigeria?
Ketchups are available in different types and brands. They also vary in sizes and essentially, they differ in prices. The Heinz Ketchup is currently the most common and most sought after in the Nigerian market. They come in different sizes and the prices they go for are dependent on predictable factors including the place and period of purchase and currency exchange rate at the period of purchase.
Ketchups are readily available in Nigeria and can be bought almost everywhere. They are available in grocery stores, supermarkets and stores. They can also be purchased online via various ecommerce channels. Here are prices of some of the various sizes of ketchup in the market today.
- Heinz Classic Tomato Ketchup – 1.25kg (2 bottles) – N5, 000 – N6,000
- Heinz Classic Tomato Ketchup – 1.25kg (3 bottles) – N7,500 – N8,500
- Heinz Classic Tomato Ketchup – 100 g (3 bottles) – N2,800 – N3,500
- Heinz Classic Tomato Ketchup – 300 g (5 bottles) – N4, 500 – N5, 500
- Heinz Classic Tomato Ketchup – 342 g (5 bottles) – N6,500 – N8,000
Health Benefits of Ketchup
With a lot said about ketchup, it is worth noting that it has significant positive effect on the body. Although some medical practitioners have warned people against having so much of ketchup, especially for people with certain health conditions and age, ketchups are widely seen as a great condiment with many health benefits. Here are some of the notable advantages of ketchup.
Low in calories
This is one of the very common advantages of ketchup. Because it is relatively low in calories, you should not have anything to worry about daily diet program as it can serve as a part of therapy for weight loss. Tomato ketchup is a great option, especially when compared to other food dressings.
Low in carbohydrate
This is another interesting fact about ketchup – they are low on carbohydrate. This comes as very good news, especially if you are trying to lose weight. So, as an alternative to cheese and cheese-like food, you can significantly lower the intake of carbohydrate by substituting it for tomato ketchup.
Low in fat
There is so many advantages ketchup holds for those trying to lose weight! Medical practitioners have recommended food with low fat for people looking to lose weight and again, ketchup can offer a whole lot. Apart from the fact that it has delicious taste, ketchups are low in fat, which makes it an excellent choice for diet. You can add ketchup to the salt free meshed fish or spices less steamed chicken breast to help your appetite.
Great Source of Vitamin C
Ketchup is also a great source of Vitamin C. This helps provide fairer, richer and healthier skin. While this has not been categorically proven by medical practitioners, we have reasons to believe that ketchup helps promote healthy skin.
High content of Lycopene
Lycopene is an antioxidant that plays a pivotal role in protecting body cells. According to research, this helps prevent cancerous cells development to a relatively large extent and lessens damage of free radicals. Also, lycopene is quite effective in regulating level of cholesterol.
Lowers the chances of prostate cancer
Ketchups are also very effective in reducing the risk of prostate cancer. Due to high content of lycopene, consuming ketchup frequently can help to lower the chances of prostate cancer. Again, while some scientists have suggested this, some others still have their concerns about the conclusion.
When it comes to clarity of sight and overall sight state, ketchup has come really good. Tomato, one of the main components of ketchup, is regarded among the richest sources of Vitamin A, which helps significantly improve vision health. It also serves a great preventive substance to counter macular relapse that could lead to partial or total blindness.
We have already stated that ketchup is low in fat and calories. This helps it lower the overall level of cholesterol in the body and helps the heart. Lycopene, as explained, are also found in ketchup, which helps prevent oxidation of fat in block vessels.
Need a reason for your kids to take ketchup? Here is one! Ketchup helps in bone development. While bone loss and old age is inevitable, the contents of ketchup help significantly slow the process. Lycopene has superior ability to counter free radicals, which keeps the bones healthy and largely slows down degeneration of bone loss.
Ketchup is also a quality source of antioxidant which offers healthier and fairer skin. You can easily add it to the diet to preserve skin fresh and healthy skin.
Ketchup has loads of benefits and while majority has been addressed here, there are many more.
- Shoprite Nigeria Price List (January 2022)
- Basmati Rice Price in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Green Coffee Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Domino’s Pizza Menu & Price List in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Current Prices of Commodities in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Cold Stone Ice Cream Price List in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Prices of Onions in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Milo Price List in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Shawarma Machine Prices in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Cakes and Cream Price List (January 2022)
- Kings Vegetable Oil Prices in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Whipping Cream Price in Nigeria (January 2022)
- M&M Chocolate Price in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Ketchup Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Rice in Nigeria per Bag (January 23, 2022)
- Green Coffee Prices in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Prices of Coconut Oil in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Current Prices of Palm Oil in Nigeria Today (January 2022)
- Cake Turntable Prices in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Cocoa Prices in Nigeria (January 2022)
- Groundnut Prices in Nigeria – Per KG & Ton (January 2022)