Kuwait is one of those countries that comes to mind when it comes to tourism and great vacation experience. The oil-rich country ranks highly among countries people love to visit. While lots of emphases have been placed on Visa application, processing and other activities associated with it, flight tickets and exciting places to visit in the country, questions have been raised over how much the Visa goes for.
Here, we will take a look at how much Kuwait goes for in Nigeria today. We will also consider the various types of Kuwait Visas available.
Kuwait Visa Costs in Nigeria today
There are different types of Kuwait visas and these visas are issued for various purposes. For a Nigeria passport holder to travel to Kuwait, he or she requires a visit visa. It is essential to note that the individual proposing to travel to Kuwait from Nigeria is expected to be sponsored by a company in Kuwait or a resident of the country. Without these, the visa will not be issued.
With this already established, Kuwait Visa in Nigeria costs KD3, which equates to about N3, 800 using the current financial exchange rate. This visa fee is expected to be paid in cash when going to apply for the visa in the Kuwait Embassy in Abuja.
Types of Kuwait Visa
- Kuwait Visit Visa – For one to apply for Kuwait visit visa, the individual proposing to travel to Kuwait is expected to be sponsored by a company in Kuwait or a resident of the country. In fact, the sponsor or foreign resident is required to initiate the application process. Kuwait Visit visa comes in two different types – the Kuwait business visa and the visa for relatives. Both have their requirements. The Kuwait visit visa are usually valid for entry within a period of 90 days after issues. The visa also allows the visitor to stay in the country for maximum of 30 days after entry. The application process for this visa is not daunting – the process takes less than three working days.
- Kuwait Multi Entry Visa – Visitors who obtain this type of Kuwait visa will be able to enter the country as many times as they would for a year. The Kuwait multi entry visa is most useful for visitors entering the country for business purposes. Only the ministry of Defense can sponsor this type of visa though.
- Kuwait Transit Visa – Kuwait transit visa is another type of visa mainly issued to travellers that want to follow through Kuwait to another country. This is more like a stopover visa that allows you stay in the country for maximum of seven days after issuance. Transit visa is issued after the traveller provides a visa to their destination. This type of visa is obtained mainly from the port authorities in Kuwait. It can also be obtain from Kuwait’s consulate abroad.
Requirements for Kuwait Visa Application
While applying for Kuwait VISA, there are some documents that will be required. These documents are expected to be submitted before the process is initiated. Some of these documents include the following;
- A filled visa application form
- A valid passport
- A copy of international passport
- Two Passport photos
- Original valid resident visa and one copy (for foreign national sponsors)
- Latest bank statement
- Issued police clearance
- Travel health insurance confirmation letter stating coverage
- Reference letter from your employer or educational institution
- Original health certificate stamped by a medical doctor certifying that the applicants are in good health and free from infectious diseases. The applicant is also expected to provide lab results for HIV (AIDS test), hepatitis B and C, malaria, filariasis, syphilis and a chest X-Ray for tuberculosis.
For Visit Visa for Business application, some other documents could be required. These documents include;
- Kuwait Visit Visa application with security form filled out by the sponsor
- Copy of sponsor’s signature as registered for business purposes
- Copy of sponsor’s letter of invitation for the business, stating the purpose of the visit
How long does it take to fly from Nigeria to Kuwait City?
There is typically slight disparity when it comes to duration of flight from Nigeria to Kuwait. While the distance is steady, flights do not travel at the same pace. There are varying numbers of stopovers from Nigeria to Kuwait and the duration of the whole flight vary from place to place are based on numbers stopovers and the duration of each. There are also various routes from Nigeria to Kuwait City. While some of these routes are fast, some others can be slow. Note that the numbers of stopovers and duration of the whole trip also affect the eventual prices of tickets.
- Time of flight from Lagos to Kuwait City via Doha: Estimated time – 17 hours
- Time of flight from Lagos to Kuwait City via Dubai: Estimated time – 13 hours 20 minutes
The fastest non-stop flight from Lagos to Riyadh is about 10 hours 35 minutes. However, some airlines can even take up to 25 hours from Lagos to Toronto depending on the numbers of stopovers and waiting duration.
Places to Visit in Kuwait
No doubt, Kuwait is one of the most fun countries to be. With lots of attractive places to visit and exciting activities to involve in, your stay in Kuwait is definitely going to be worth it. Here we will consider some very amazing places to visit in Kuwait.
- Kuwait Tower
- Tareq Rajab Museum
- National Museum
- Al Sadu House
- Liberation Towers
- Kuwait House of National Works, etc.
- Cost of Australian Visa in Nigeria (2023)
- Germany Visa Fees in Nigeria (2023)
- Cost of Visa from Nigeria to Canada (2023)
- South Africa Visa Fees in Nigeria (2023)
- How much is Dubai Visa in Nigerian Naira in 2023
- Cost of International Passport in Nigeria (2023)
- Kuwait Visa Costs in Nigeria (2023)
- Turkey Visa Fee in Nigeria (2023)