With the increasing demand in the business world and the growing number of people vying for same position in business and public sectors in Nigeria today, there is a need to put oneself in a better position when these opportunities come. One of the most common and most productive ways to achieve this is getting a business degree in a Business School.
With the world beginning to wake up to the concept and importance of MBAs today, the demand and registration for this degree has greatly increased in Nigeria. With some few schools offering this degree in Nigeria today, there is one that particularly stands out, boasting to rate among the most recognized business schools and among the very best in Africa – The Lagos Business School.
Since the establishment of the Lagos Business School in 1991, the institution has advanced in a lot of breath-taking ways, affiliating with popular international business schools and rating among the very best in the continent. The dynamism in operation, academic excellence and track record of successes in various areas are among the few factors that stand the institution out among others. The definitive vision of the institute is to be broadly recognised as the world’s top business school functioning out of a developing market, and to be the business school with the highest impact on the knowledge and practice of management in the continent of Africa.
Located in the heart of Africa’s busiest city and one of the most productive states in Nigeria, the Lagos Business School is rated among to be the very best private graduate business school in Africa. The institution is a subsidiary of Pan-Atlantic University in Nigeria, which offers the academic program, executive programs and short courses in management. The school, located in Lekki Lagos, is currently a member of the Global Business Schools Network (GBSN) and the Association of African Business Schools (AABS).
In this post, we will take a look at the current school fees of the Lagos business School. We will also consider reasons why they are rated among the best business schools in Africa and general admission requirements.
Lagos Business School Fees (Current Session)
Business schools are expensive, and you should expect this to be, especially given its reputation and standard. Lagos Business School is arguably one of the most expensive institutions to attend when it comes to Tuition, registration and accommodation fees. The school was established to further support, widen people’s understanding of Management. The institution has since lived up to that standard, maintaining a highly academic standard. Lagos Business School is also the very first business school in Nigeria. It offers various programs ranging from several executive education programs to management programs, doctoral programs, Executive MBA programs. In this section, we will take a look at the tuition fees for students in various faculties.
The institution, like most other institutions have a standard tuition fees that sometimes vary every year. Students are charged N2, 511, 630 per session in Lagos business school. It should be noted that this fee does not cover for accommodation and other charges. Below is the breakdown of the fees paid in the Lagos Business school.
Full MBA Program
- 1st Session: N2, 511, 630
- 2nd Session: N2, 511, 630
- Total: N5, 023, 260
- Registration fees: N5, 000
It should be noted that the fees can be paid on maximum of 6 instalments. The fees cover just tuition and various course materials. The registration fee is paid only by fresh students. While the information provided in this article is reliable, it is essential to confirm the current tuition fees before payment.
Lagos Business School Admission Requirements
Over the years, Lagos Business School has collaborated with other business schools in Africa and around the world on different programmes to groom responsible corporate leaders for and beyond. Like other institutions, there are basic requirement to be met before a student is considered for admission into any program in the Lagos Business school. Although these requirements are not the most complex and difficult to meet, they sometimes deprive students from gaining admission into the institute.
In this section, we will take a look at some of the core requirements for admission into the Lagos Business School. This is gotten from the institute’s official website and can be solely relied on.
- WAEC Certification: Like most other tertiary institutions, this is a core requirement for admission into Lagos Business School. At least, five credit passes is required and must include English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level for Anglophone countries.
- Minimum of Second Class Lower University Degree: Candidates are expected to have at least a second class lower bachelors degree from a recognised university either within or outside the country.
- Post-Qualification Experience: To qualify for admission into Lagos Business school, candidates are expected to have a minimum of three years working experience in a professional firm.
- GMAT or GRE: Candidates are expected to have sat for international examinations such as GRE or GMAT. A reasonable score in either of these tests puts the candidate in a strong position, provided all other requirements are met.
- Interview: Candidates will be invited for interviews where they are expected to demonstrate intellectual capacity, mental strength, professionalism, effective decision making, team playing skill, problem solving mentality and other similar characteristics. This is usually at the final stage of selection. The interview also tests candidates confidence and delivery skills.
Fees of Other Nigerian Schools
- 10 Cheapest Federal Universities in Nigeria (2019)
- ABU Zaria School Fees & Registration Fees (2019)
- Adeleke University School Fees (2019)
- Afe Babalola University School Fees (2019)
- American University of Nigeria School Fees (2019)
- Babcock University School Fees (2019)
- Benue State University School Fees (2019)
- Bingham University School Fees ([year})
- Bowen University School Fees (2019)
- Caleb University School Fees (2019)
- Cost of Master’s Degree in Nigerian Universities (2019)
- Cotonou Universities & School Fees (2019)
- Covenant University School Fees (2019)
- Ebonyi State University School Fees (2019)
- Ekiti State University School Fees (2019)
- FCE Kano School Fees (2019)
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede School Fees (2019)
- Federal University Gashua School Fees & Courses (2019)
- Federal University Lokoja School Fees (2019)
- FUOYE School Fees – 2019 Session
- FUTA School Fees for 2019 Session
- FUTO School Fees – 2019 Session
- Igbinedion University School Fees (2019)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University School Fees & Courses (2019)
- Kaduna State University School Fees (2019)
- Kano State University (KUST) School Fees in 2019
- Kwara State Polytechnic School Fees (2019)
- Lagos Business School Fees in 2019
- Lagos State Polytechnic School Fees (2019)
- Lagos State University School Fees (2019) for Undergraduates
- LAUTECH School Fees for Undergraduates & Courses (2019)
- Lead City University School Fees (2019)
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2019)
- Nasarawa State University School Fees (2019)
- National Open University of Nigeria School Fees (2019)
- NDA School Fees (2019)
- OAU School Fees (2019) for Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Olabisi Onabanjo University School Fees (2019)
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences School Fees (2019)
- Osun State University School Fees (2019)
- Private Universities in Abuja & their School Fees (2019)
- School Fees of Private Universities in Nigeria (2019)
- Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2019)
- Sokoto State University School Fees (2019)
- UI DLC School Fees (2019)
- UNIBEN Postgraduate School Fees (2019)
- UNILAG Part Time School Fees (2019)
- UNILAG Postgraduate School Fees (2019)
- UNILAG School Fees for Undergraduates (2019)
- UNILORIN School Fees (2019) – Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- UNIPORT School Fees in 2019
- University of Abuja School Fees (2019)
- University of Ibadan School Fees (2019)
- University of Nigeria School Fees (2019)
- UNIZIK Postgraduate School Fees (2019)
- UNN Postgraduate School Fees in 2019