Being a civil servant comes with a lot of positives. When it comes to job security and consistency of how much you earn, only a few other professions can compete with government jobs.
Nigeria has a well-organized payment structure which is determined by experience, level of professionalism, nature of job and other basic factors. This payment structure has been consistent over time and remains an integral part of the society at large. Great news is, the payment structure comes with some other bonuses and allowances which also vary per level.
Generally, fresh graduates in Nigeria that work in some certain arms of the government start with a basic salary level 8. This level is regarded as entry-level for government jobs and vary according to profession. For instance, an entry level staff in NCC earns more than entry level staff in the Nigeria Police.
Although most people believe the salary for level 8 in Nigeria is nothing compared to their expertise and profession, some others are of the opinion that it is safe to start with such humble beginning.
Have you ever wondered how much level 8 government workers earn? This article explicitly states how much level 8 workers earn in Nigeria.
Level 8 Salary: How Much Do Level 8 Workers Earn in Nigeria?
Despite complains being lodged about the relatively small salaries level 8 staffs get in Nigeria, lots of other people still strive to attain this level, at least for the sake of job security and consistent promotion. Truth be told, being a civil servant is one of the most comfortable and relatively convenient place to work, with the fear of losing your job out of the window and thought of promotions being a realistic expectation.
Salaries for level 8 workers in Nigeria vary. While some people still feel sceptical about this, the factor of profession, experience and delicacy of job has a lot to do with the salary structure. Here, we will take a look at how much level 8 staffs receive in specific government sectors.
Salary of Level 8 staffs in Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC)
NCC is arguably one of the best places to work in the government sector. They are among the highest paid and have loads of remunerations and bonuses. Apart from the flexibility and dynamism the job offers, the monthly take home is another reason why NCC is a dream for lots of government workers.
Bonuses asides, you will earn a minimum of N120, 000 in NCC as an entry level staff. Depending on your level of expertise, experience and recommendations, you can earn as much as N380, 000 a month. Once you are confirmed as a full staff in NCC, you have access to bonuses which will vary per level of experience.
Salary of Level 8 staffs in Nigerian Civil Defence
This is another interesting sector of the government. Nigerian Civil defence is one of those interesting jobs you will enjoy. Apart from the fact that they are well recognized and respected in the country today, they are also among the well-paying offices within the Federal government sector.
In fact, they are gradually becoming citizen favourite over the Nigerian Police. For a start in the Nigerian Civil Defence, you are expected to earn about N121, 000 excluding some basic bonuses. The great thing about this is that you can expect your salary to rise as many times as you are promoted. The pay doesn’t even matter sometimes, the amount of respect accredited to officers, regardless of the level, is amazing.
Salary of Level 8 staffs in Nigerian Police Force
There is a lot to say here, isn’t there? Regarded as one of the most controversial government job in recent times, the Nigerian Police Force has indeed built a reputation for itself. When it comes to their take home though, there is a great reason to be optimistic as they are among the highest paying jobs in the government sector.
As a level 8 police officer, your basic salary may vary per position and you are expected to earn a minimum of N128, 000 (for a step 1 level 8 staff). For a level 8 step 10 police officer (assistant superintendent), you can expect about N144, 000 per month.
Check Salaries of Other Professionals in Nigeria
- Microbiologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Anatomists’ Salary in Nigeria in 2020: See What They Earn
- Biochemists’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Public Health Salary in Nigeria (2020): Is It Worth It?
- Dentists’ Salary in Nigeria (2020): See What They Earn
- Nigerian Pilot Salary: See How Much They Earn (2020)
- Pharmacists Salary in Nigeria (2020): See What They Earn
- NNPC Salary Structure: How Much Does NNPC Pay? (2020)
- Mass Communication Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Mechanical Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Level 8 Salary in Nigeria (2020): See How Much Is Paid
- Radiographers’ Salary in Nigeria (2020): See What They Earn
- Web Developers’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- KPMG Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay
- Geologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Investment Bankers’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Civil Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Petroleum Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Housemanship Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Nurses Salary in Nigeria (2020): How Much Are They paid?
- How Much Do Models Earn in Nigeria?
- Chevron Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay in 2020?
- Medical Doctors’ Salaries in Nigeria (2020): See What They Earn
- Senators’ Salary in Nigeria – (2020) Full Breakdown
- Biomedical Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2020)
- Civil Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2020): Full Details
- Geologist Salary in Nigeria (2020)