Lonart is one of the most sought after anti-malaria drugs in Nigeria today. With a lot of positive reviews coming it’s way by users over the years, it is easy to see why the medication has been highly rated. Like many other anti-malaria drugs in Nigeria today, Lonart can also be used to curb the effects of some other medical conditions.
In this post, we will consider how much Lonart sells for in Nigeria, the possible side effects of using the drug, precautions to be taken before, during, and in some cases, after using the drug.
Lonart prices in Nigeria
Lonart DS is readily available and can be gotten in various pharmaceutic stores, clinics, and hospitals across the country. The complete dose comes in a sachet, well placed in a pack. On the average, a sachet (complete dose) of Lonart can be purchased for anything between N3, 500 and N5, 000 depending on the place of purchase and period of purchase.
How to use Lonart DS
It is very important to consult your medical doctor before using Lonart. Depending on your condition, your medical doctor should be in the best place to state how you should use the drug. Generally, Lonart should be taken after food, like most other anti-malaria drugs in the market today. For children that cannot swallow the tablets, the drug should be crushed and mixed with one or two teaspoons of water. If the patient, either an adult or a child, vomits after using the drug within one to two hours, the dosage should be repeated. If the patient then vomits the repeated dose for the second time, it is advisable for the patient to follow another antimalarial treatment
The usual dose of Lonart for adults is 80 mg/480 mg as a sole first dose, second dose as 80 mg/480 mg after about eight hours in a day, and then followed up by 4 doses (80 mg/480 mg) two times per day for the next two days. For children, the typical dose is 20 mg/120 mg as a sole initial dose, with the second dose at 20 mg/120 mg after about eight hours in a day and then followed up by one dose (20 mg/120 mg) two times a day for the next two days. It should be noted that the peak dose for adults using the Lonart is 160 mg/960 mg/day.
When you are giving Lonart to a child, it is essential you consider the weight or age of the child. There are instances when a child is underweight or overweight. In such situations, you should consider the weight as a core factor in determining the dosage, after consulting the doctor.
Possible Side Effects of Lonart
Like many other anti-malaria medications, Lonart has its own side effects. These side effects come in various types and kinds and they vary per person. Although some of these side effects are felt temporarily and could last for a few days or weeks, some few others can cause lasting damages to the body. Most side effects of Lonart are usually mild and the effects usually don’t last for more than a few days or weeks. However, it should be noted that in cases where the side effects become persistent and disturbing, patients are advised to contact their medical doctors as soon as possible.
The following is a list of likely side effects that may occur from all instituting ingredients of Lonart medication.
- common cold (nasopharyngitis)
- irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane in the nose (rhinitis)
- lack of energy
- pain in joints (arthralgia)
- pain in muscles
- serious eating disorder (anorexia)
- severe inflammatory blisters (acrodermatitis)
Some of the severe that could be as a result of the use of Lonart are listed below. While these situations are very rare, patients are required to see their doctor as soon as they experience any of these;
- QT prolongation
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- allergic reaction (hypersensitivity reactions)
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
Before you use Lonart ds Tablet, it is very essential to have a discussion with a medical practitioner (either a qualified nurse or a medical doctor), especially if you are sensitive to the drug or any of its ingredients. Also, ensure you discuss your medical history and any underlying health condition with your doctor before you use the drug. Underlying conditions like a prolonged heartbeat, low blood potassium level, decreased heart rate, or heart attack, should be communicated with your doctor.
According to research, using Lonart can result in a decrease in the ratio of the volume of red blood cells in the body, especially when not used as prescribed by the doctor. There could also be a change in platelet count, whether an increase or decrease in the number of platelet count. The use of the drug may also alter white blood cell count, leading to increased or decreased the level of white blood cell count.
The use of Lonart should be reduced as much as possible during pregnancy. They should only be used when required after proper consultation of the doctor. The drug should only be used if the potential benefit offsets the potential risk to the fetus. You should also consult with your medical specialist on the use of Lonart during breastfeeding, as the drug could affect the fetus, although this has not been medically proven.
- Livolin Forte Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Addyzoa Prices in Nigeria (October 2022) + Uses & Dose
- Augmentin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Cost of ARV in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Best Blood Tonics in Nigeria & Prices (October 2022)
- NeoLife Products Price List in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Proargi9 Plus Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Permethrin Cream Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Cost of Pregnacare in Nigeria (2022)
- Amoxicillin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Double Stemcell Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Lonart Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Alpha Testo Boost Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Cellgevity Price in Nigeria (2022) & Other Details
- Azithromycin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Combination-3 Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Spanish Gold Fly Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Clomid Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Pregnacare Plus Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Wellwoman Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Doxycycline Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Appeton Weight Gain Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Wellkid Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Podophyllin Cream Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Prices of Apple Cider Vinegar in Nigeria (2022)
- P-Alaxin Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- BF Suma Products Price List in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Greenlife Product and Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Ulcer Kit (Ulsakit) Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Neurovit Forte Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Dostinex Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Prices of Vitamin E Oil & Capsule Prices in Nigeria (2022)