As expected, the Macbook Pro arrived with a premium design common with Apple products.
Measuring just over 2 cm thick, the latest Apple Macbook Pro wields the power of a Kaby Lake processor with an all-purpose single port that accepts any type of input.
While the processor is super-fast and really impressive, same cannot be said about the all-purpose single port that the Macbook Pro comes with.
Don’t get me wrong, the port is quite efficient in terms of functionality, in fact it is superb (that’s not a hype) but at the same time, you’ll need an adapter each time you want to connect the Macbook Pro with an external device like the old HDMI USB.
If you can forgive that little shortcoming, you will find the Macbook Pro is one of the best laptops for the money.
MacBook Pro: Specs at a glance
- CPU: 3.1GHz Intel Core i5-7267U (dual-core, 4MB cache, up to 3.5GHz)
- Storage: 500GB to 1TB HDD or 128GB to 512GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 or 650, (13-inch model) 15 inch model features a dedicated Radeon Pro 555 or 560 graphics card.
- RAM: 8GB (13-inch model), 16GB (15 inch model)
- Screen: 13.3-inch, 2,560 x 1,600 Retina LED display (13-inch model) 15-inch, 2880 x 1800 pixels Retina LED display (15-inch model)
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Camera: 720p FaceTime HD webcam
- Ports: 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), headphone/mic jack
- Size: 11.97 x 8.36 x 0.59 inch
Apple Macbook Pro Prices in Nigeria
The price of Apple Macbook Pro in Nigeria ranges from N330,000 to N1,250,000. Here are specific models and their prices.
- Apple Macbook Pro 2017 (13.3″, Intel Core i5 2.3GHz, 128GB HDD, 8GB RAM) === N425,000 – N450,000
- Apple Macbook Pro with Touch Bar (13.3″, Intel Core i7, 512GB HDD, 16GB RAM) === N830,000 – N900,000
- Apple Macbook Pro (13.3″, Intel Core i5 3.1GHz, 256GB HDD, 8GB RAM) === N580,000 – N650,000
- Apple Macbook Pro MLH32LL/A (15″, Intel Core i7 Quad Core 2.6GHz, 256GB HDD, 8GB RAM) === N850,000 – N900,000
- Apple Macbook Pro + Touch Bar (15″, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 256GB HDD, 16GB RAM) === N720,000 – N750,000
- Apple Macbook Pro MPTT2LLA (15″, Intel Core i7 2.9GHz, 512GB HDD, 16GB RAM) === N800,000 – N850,000
Bear in mind that some of the cheaper MacBook Pro comes with less storage space and as such the more features you want the more you’ll have to pay for it. For instance, a MacBook pro variant with an 8GB RAM will be less expensive than one with a 16GB RAM but will be slower.
Prices also differ due to storage spaces and as such you should consider your needs, and find out if the specs available meets those needs before paying for the laptop. I’ve talked briefly about how to find a MacBook pro spec that meets your needs below. But before we jump into that let’s take a brief look at the specs of the Macbook Pro.
Apple Macbook Pro Review
Design and Display
As expected Apple Macbook Pro features a rich premium design with an impressive display resolution. The MacBook pro comes in two different sizes: 13-inch and 15 inch display.
While the 15 inch size is the ideal size for a laptop and most convenient to work with, you may go with the smaller 13-inch size if your concerned about portability.
The Macbook Pro features a slim body that goes only a little above 2cm when closed.
The keys of the Macbook Pro are a little more spongy than other Mac and you may find you’ll have to increase your press in order to make an impression.
The display of the Macbook Pro is where everything gets exciting – it features a rich 2560 x 1600 pixels LED backlit display 13-inch model and 2880 x 1800 pixels LED backlit display on the 15 inch model. The display supports up to 8 million colors and as such gives a sharp display that’s common across all Apple devices.
When launched in 2016, the Macbook Pro features a Skylake processor which gave an impressive performance at the time. But Now newer MacBook pro now feature the Kaby Lake processor which is regarded as a better solution for speed. The Kaby Lake processor gives an impressive 3.1GHz processing speed.
The 13 inch MacBook pro features a maximum of 8GB RAM while the 15 inch sports a 16GB.
The larger RAM size of the 15 inch MacBook pro shows that the model is way faster than the 13 inch model which features half its RAM size.
But except you’re really hoping to do some tough work or gaming with your MacBook pro, if not the 8GB RAM offers a speed that is sufficient for everyday work including using light work apps like Microsoft office suites or even heavy graphics apps like Photoshop.
However, if you believe you’ll doing some heavy work in the future, you can go with the 16GB RAM as it is often almost impossible to upgrade the RAM size of a MacBook pro
Graphics card is needed for graphic design or video editing. To use graphic apps like Adobe Photoshop, you’ll need a laptop with either an integrated or dedicated graphic cards.
Integrated graphics makes use of the laptop RAM. This often leads to a reduction in speed. Dedicated graphics have their own separate memories and do not rely on a laptop RAM.
The 13-inch MacBook pro features an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 or 650, depending on the model you choose while the 15 inch model features a dedicated Radeon Pro 555 or 560 graphics card.
For most professionals who are looking for a laptop for regular work such as writing, editing, reading or even browsing, going with either model shouldn’t be a problem as it won’t make any difference.
However, professional graphics designers, video editors etc whose works relies heavily on graphics cards will be better off with the 15 inch model which features a dedicated graphic card.
Long battery life has always been a strong point for Apple products. Same applies to the Macbook Pro. Both models feature cells with up to 10 hours standby time even with heavy usage.
Also it features a fast charging technology and as such the battery could be completely charged within 2 hours even when being used.
Both models – 13-inch and 15 inch, features four different types of storages: 500GB to 1TB HDD or 128GB to 512GB SSD
If you’re a regular user and only works with Word documents the 128GB storage will be more than sufficient for you. However, if you will want more space for your videos up for a model with the 500GB or 1TB. For gamers, the 1TB storage is the most recommended size.
If you’re looking for a laptop that you could use at home or in the office with apps like Microsoft Word or other business apps, the Macbook Pro is more than sufficient.
However, if you want a laptop for more graphics intensive work, you should go for the 15 inch model. The 13 inch model can handle light graphics work flawlessly too but when it gets heavier, it may become slower.
Overall, the Macbook Pro laptop is a laptop for everyone and you’ll be really happy you got one for yourself.
See Prices of Other Laptops in Nigeria
- HP Core i5 and i7 Laptop Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- UK Used Laptops in Computer Village & Prices (2019)
- HP Pavilion X360 Price in Nigeria (August 2019)
- HP Spectre X360 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Dell XPS 13 & 15 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- ASUS Laptops & Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Dell Laptop Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Mini Laptop Prices in Nigeria (2019) – HP, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, etc
- Lenovo Laptop Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- HP Envy 15 Price in Nigeria, Specs & Review – August 2019
- Macbook Pro Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- All-in-one Desktop Computers & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Dell Inspiron 15 Price in Nigeria (August 2019)
- HP Laptop Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Apple Laptop Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)