The importance of having an alternative power supply has grown increasingly important in recent times. Considering the unreliability of national electricity supply, having an alternative power supply for one’s convenience.
Having an alternative power supply, like generators and inverters is one thing, being able to conveniently switch between the power sources is also key. Manual changeover switches allow you to manually alternate between alternative power sources at your convenience.
This post takes a look at prices of Manual changeover switches in Nigeria today and things to consider before purchasing one.
Cost of Manual Changeover Switches in Nigeria
There are there types, classes and ranges of manual changeover switches. They also vary in brands, power capacity and rating. Thanks to the increase in the rate of demand of these switches, it is easy to see why many brands have dived into this industry, launching lots of scintillating designs and types. While some specific brands have ruled this part of the industry for a lot of years, some more modern companies are starting to run the market with more exclusive and top quality designs that are easy to operate
It should be noted that the prices manual changeover switches go for largely depends on the power rating. Generally, the higher the rating, the more expensive the switch costs. Let us take a look at some of the popular manual changeover switch brands and how much their various changeover switch goes for.
Stanley Changeover Switch & Prices
- Stanley 63 Amps Changeover switch – N78, 000 – N90, 000
- Stanley 100 Amps Changeover switch – N135, 000 – N150, 000
- Stanley 400 Amps Changeover switch – N365, 000 – N400, 000
Havells Manual Changeover Switches & Prices
- Havells 20 Amps Changeover switch – N10, 000 – N15, 000
- Havells 32 Amps Changeover switch – N20, 000 – N25, 000
- Havells 63 Amps Changeover switch – N45, 000 – N50, 000
- Havells 100 Amps Changeover switch – N48, 500 – N55, 000
- Havells 200 Amps Changeover switch – N175, 000 – N190, 000
Sukam Changeover Switches & Prices
- Sukam 63 Amps Changeover switch – N40, 000 – N50, 000
- Sukam 100 Amps Changeover switch – N65, 000 – N80, 000
It should also be noted that there are cheaper options form generic brands. In fact, you can get a manual changeover switch for as low as N1, 500 depending on the power rating.
However, this post focuses on those brands that have been tested and trusted and are almost assured. The variation in prices is because of various factors, which include currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase, and other related factors. Some brands are relatively expensive while some are not.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing A Manual Changeover Switch
Manual Changeover switches are not just a convenient and clever choice for people who alternate between various power sources like generators and inverters, they are also regarded as safer measures when switching, in certain cases.
Manual changeover switches, as earlier stated, vary in prices, classes, designs and power output rating. Although a lot of manual changeover switches are relatively functional and effective, it is always essential to get the exact type that suits your need. The several amount of maual changeover switches available in the market today makes it more confusing to even know the exact one to pick. Here are some factors to consider when buying a manual changeover switch.
Power output rate
This is one of the most important factors to consider when getting a manual changeover switch. While this might be ignorable if you are looking to get one to install in your house and just use once in a while, it is an extremely important factor when you are looking to get one for a large apartment, heavy-duty industry and other similar environs.
Here, you will need to consider the power rating of equipment in the building and get a switch that suits that. To get the best switch that suits your purpose, it is essential you consider all the total quantity of power your appliances consume and get a fitting switch. Getting a changeover switch with less or more capacity could negatively affect your appliances.
Manual changeover switches vary in prices. You can even get one as low as N1, 500 or as high as N200, 000 depending on the type you are going for and its power rating. You should expect to spend more if you are looking to get one for industrial use or more commercial purpose.
The discrepancy in cost can be as a result of some different factors, the main of which is the power rating. You should consider how much you have to spend on one and go for it, after carefully considering the power output rate that fits your need though. The most expensive might not necessarily be the best for your purpose. The cheapest too, might not be as durable and strong.
This is one factor a lot of people don’t put in mind when looking to buy a manual changeover switch. The brand you go for is as important as the two other factors already stated above. This is because the brand largely tells you more about the product’s authenticity, durability, and efficiency.
If you are not familiar with the brand you are looking to get, read reviews about them online to gain more assurance on what you are buying. You should also rely on recommendations of people using changeover switches to inform your decision even better.
- Airtel 4G Router Price in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 2.5 mm 3-core Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Wireless Router Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 16 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Nigerchin Cable Price List (January 2023)
- TP Link Routers & Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Plastic ID Card Printer Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Cat 6 Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Samsung AirPods Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Hair Dryer Price in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Manual Changeover Switch Price in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Bluetooth Wireless Earpiece Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- 1.5 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 1115 Diesel Engine Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Oraimo 20,000 mAh Power Bank Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- 48-Port Switch Price in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 2.5 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Studio Microphone Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 10 Cheapest MiFi Devices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Power Bank Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Wireless Microphone Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 2.5 mm Cutix Cable Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- 195 Diesel Engine Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Soldering Iron Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Wireless Clipper Prices in Nigeria (January 2023)
- Coleman Nigeria Cable Price List (January 2023)