A mattress is one of the most-have properties in a house. Considering the fact that human beings spend one-third of their lifetime sleeping or resting, it is always imperative to have a good foam to lay on. A welcoming mattress is usually the driver of good sleep after a long day. The importance of mattresses cannot be underestimated. Apart from the fact that they enhance sound sleep, doctors confirm that a nice mattress helps improve general well-being.
Although getting a sound sleep depends on many factors which include the temperature of the room, the general condition of the room, the stress level and the state of the body, one cannot rule out the most important factor that contributes to a sound sleep: a mattress, and a good one at that.
Nigeria is known to have one of the largest markets for mattresses in Africa. This is due to the high rate of demand for mattress in the country. This has attracted lots of mattress manufacturers all over the world and hence, the introduction of various types of mattress to the market. Mattresses come in different sizes, shapes, materials, and height. They vary in quality, softness and of course, prices. Gone are the days when there are just few brands of mattresses in the country. Today, one can be overwhelmed with the various types and brands available.
Do you want to know how much mattresses are sold in the market? This post is for you.
Prices of Mattresses in Nigeria
Mattresses vary in sizes, designs, quality and prices. While there are lots of choices to pick from in the market today, it is important to pick the best for you based on the factors already discussed above. Mattresses can be gotten directly from the manufacturers or distributors across the country.
Here, we will take a look at the prices for common Mattress brands in Nigeria.
Mouka foam are one of the oldest mattress brands in Nigeria. They are widely known for their consistent production of top quality mattresses. Their mattresses are reliable, comfortable and durable. Prices of various types are listed below.
- Mouka Sunrise Mattress – Basic Density === N37,000 – N42,000
- Mouka Semi Orthopedic Mattress === N49,500 – N55,000
- Mouka Mondeo Mattress === N65,000 – N70,000
- Mouka Zippy Kids Mattress === N33,330 – N38,000
- Mouka Comfy Plus – Basic Density === From ₦30,000
- Mouka Fantasia Mattress – High Quality === From ₦150,000
This is another top quality brand that has moved the market. It is one of the most sought after products in the market. The prices are as below.
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 3ft x 8inch === N28,000 – N30,000
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 3.5ft x 8inch === N32,000 – N35,000
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 4ft x 8inch === N37,000 – N42,000
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 5ft x 8inch === N52,000 – N56,000
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 6ft x 8inch === N55,000 – N65,000
- Vita Supreme 6ft x 7ft x 8inch === N60,000 –N70,000
- Vita Sizzle 6ft x 4.5 x 10inches === N39,600 – N42,000)
- Vita Sizzle 6ft x 6 x 10inches === N52,554 – N55,000)
- Vita Sizzle 6ft x 7 x 10inches === N51,093 – N55,000)
- Vitafoam Semi-Orthopedic Spring === N55,000 – N60,000
- Vita Corona Mattres 6 X 4.6 X 14 === N55,722 – N62,000
- Vitafoam Orthopedic Mattress – Galaxy === N160,000 – N170,000
- Vitafoam Inner Spring Mattress – Flex === N25,942 – N28,000
- Vitafoam Medium Density Foam === N71,000 – N75,000
- Single Classic Downy Airbed with free pump === N12,800 – N15,000
- Air mobile mattress and amp Manual pump (4.5 x 6ft) === N20,000 –N25,000
- Water Resistant mattress protector === #6,999 – N10,000
- Pillow Rest Air Mattress inflatable portable bed pump === N55,000 – N62,000 ( 4.5 x 6ft)
Things to Consider Before Buying a Mattress
Although it sounds and seems easy to get a mattress today, picking a particular mattress can be very overwhelming and tasking. Choosing a mattress can be delicate. This is because mattresses play a huge role in how sound you sleep which will tell on your productivity, health status and your general wellbeing. It is more delicate when you are buying the mattress for your kids as it goes a long way in affecting their psychological, health and even mental state.
The huge market and various mattress options available in the market today have made the decision only more difficult. There are various types of mattress; the soft, the hard, the high, the low, etc. The most expensive mattresses might not necessarily be the best, for you at least. It is always essential to buy a mattress that addresses your need and purpose of buying it. The real question then is; how can you identify the exactly mattress that suits your need?
Here, we will take a look at some basic factors to consider before buying a mattress.
Material: Most of the factors to consider will be determined by who will be using the mattress. There are different types of mattresses and they are made from different materials. The most common type of mattress materials; innerspring and memory foam. The memory foam is made of Latex foam or polyurethane, making it very soft. The innerspring is the most common type; it consists of steel coils It is always important to know the type of material you prefer.
Thickness: Is there a standard and best thickness for a mattress? The sincere answer is no. The ideal thickness of a mattress depends on some certain factors which include whether you have a back or neck problem, whether you are tall or short, whether you are fit or not, etc. A very thick mattress might add extra height to the bed and may not be easy for an aging person to get in and out of the bed. Also, very thick mattresses are more prone to losing their firmness when used consistently. It is always better consider how thick the mattress is before buying. Labels like plush, ultra plus, extra firm, firm on mattresses will help you indicate how soft or firm the mattress is.
Brand: Whether you accept it or not, brand matters. There are some names that are trusted in the market. They have over time developed a reputation of delivering high quality mattresses to their customers. Although brands with no name might offer quality products as well, it is always better to stick with a well-known name. Some brands are known to produce soft mattresses while some others might specialize in not-too-soft ones. Know what you want, then go with a brand that are associates with the type.
Your Budget: Buying a mattress is not cheap, especially if you are buying a top quality one. So, do not make any impetuous shopping call, instead take your time to research well on the mattress you can afford. Remember, the most expensive mattress might not be the exact best for you. Considering your budget streamlines your options and makes it easy for you to pick a mattress you want. This article guides you on prices of common brands and types of mattresses available today.
Check Prices of Various Mattresses in Nigeria
- Orthopedic Mattress Prices in Nigeria (October 2020)
- 6 by 6 Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Mouka Foam Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Prices of Water Bed in Nigeria (2020)
- Prices of Vitafoam Mattress in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Air Bed Prices in Nigeria (2020)