Malaysia is without a doubt one of the leading countries in the galaxy of travel and tourism. Whether for official or personal purposes, Malaysia has seen lots of travellers visit from different parts of the world, especially from Nigeria.
If you are looking to travel from Nigeria to Malaysia, there are some basic factors you should note. While lots of emphases have been placed on visa application and processing, another core part to consider when travelling to Malaysia is how much flight tickets go for.
To ensure you get the best deal, it is always essential to compare prices of flight tickets from various airlines. Here, we will take a look at basic information you’d need when travelling to Malaysia, focusing mainly on the prices of flight tickets from various airlines in Nigeria.
Flight Ticket Prices from Nigeria to Malaysia
Gone are the days when flight tickets are so difficult to purchase. Back then, tickets were sold only at the airport, and you’d need to get to the airport early to book your flight without a serious guarantee that you will get one and have no idea when the airline will take off. Thanks to technology, those days are long gone. Now, you don’t need to visit the airport or any ticketing office to book your flight from Nigeria to Malaysia.
Provided you have access to internet and a mobile phone, tablet or personal computer, you can book your ticket online without any hitch. You will be provided with details of the flight including the date and time of take-off, seat number and other basic details.
In fact, there are now websites that go to the extent of even comparing prices of various airlines that are due to fly at the date you selected. Firstly, they check for available flight the day you have selected and then bring out the list of available airlines and their corresponding ticket prices.
The price for flight ticket from Nigeria to Malaysia varies. Most of the time, the variation is due to the time and period the flight is booked and day and time the flight is scheduled to take off. For instance, flights before 7am are usually cheaper than the ones slatted between 8am and say, 6pm. Also, flight tickets are usually more expensive during weekends.
Period of flight is another factor that plays an important part of determining how much tickets go for. Flight tickets are usually more expensive during festive periods, vacations and towards the end of the year. Tickets have also been noticed to be on the high during national holidays when people are believed to travel in number out of the country to Malaysia, either for official or personal purposes. Usually, the earlier you book a ticket, the cheaper they go for.
Let us now take a look at prices of flight ticket from Nigeria to Malaysia for different airlines. Here, we will focus on prices of return tickets from Nigeria to Malaysia. This is because although there are one way tickets available, they are rarely issued to Nigerians because they expect passengers to come back to the country. For the records, one-way tickets are usually half the prices of return flight tickets.
Prices of Flights from Nigeria to Malaysia
- Economy: From N636,420 (one stop)
- Economy: From N664,207 (two stops)
- Business class: From N1,702,090 (one stop)
- Business class: From N2,088,377 (two stops)
- Economy: From N701,411 (three stops)
- Business class: From N3,823,464 (three stops)
- Economy: From N1,229,020
- Business class: From N3,248,469 (two stops)
- Economy: From N1,163,267 (two stops)
- Business Class: From N3,768,032 (two stops)
- Economy: From N435,012 (two stops)
- Business class: From N2,618,417 (two stops)
- Economy: From N439,898 (two stops)
- Business class: From N3,770,659 (two stops)
- Economy: From N438,537 (two stops)
- Economy: From N581,435 (one stop)
- Business class; From N3,767,338 (two stops)
- Economy: From N474,480 (three stops)
- Economy: From N1,272,440 (two stops)
- Business class: From N1,703,229 (two stops)
- Economy: From N474,000 (three stops)
- Business class: From N3,812,463 (two stops)
- Economy: From N429,837 (four stops)
- Business class: From N1,187,041 (three stops)
- Business class: From N2,950,049
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Economy: From N447,869 (two stops)
- Business class: N580, 000 – N750, 000
- Economy: From N934,239 (two stops)
- Business class: From N1,497,323 (two stops)
- Economy: From N1,762,182 (two stops)
- Business class: From N3,620,267 (two stops)
South African Airways
- Business class: From N2,113,246 (two stops)
PRICES LAST UPDATED: JUNE 15, 2023.
4 Must-Visit Places in Malaysia
Malaysia is a truly unique and fascinating country, with a rich cultural heritage and stunning natural landscapes that are sure to leave a lasting impression on any traveler. In this section, we will quickly highlight four important places that you must visit when you go to Malaysia:
As the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is a bustling metropolis that offers a fascinating blend of modernity and tradition. The iconic Petronas Twin Towers are a must-see, as is the Batu Caves, a series of limestone caves and temples that are home to a large population of macaque monkeys. Other popular attractions include the KL Tower, Merdeka Square, and the Central Market.
This archipelago of 99 islands is a true paradise for beach lovers and nature enthusiasts. The beaches here are some of the most beautiful in the world, with crystal-clear waters and soft white sand. The mangrove forests and waterfalls are also worth exploring, and there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, kayaking, and other outdoor activities.
This historic city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and for good reason. The blend of Malay, Chinese, and European cultures is reflected in the architecture, food, and traditions of the city. Some of the must-see attractions include the Stadthuys, Christ Church, and the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum.
Known as the “Pearl of the Orient,” Penang is a melting pot of cultures, with a vibrant street art scene, delicious food, and historic landmarks like the Kek Lok Si Temple. The capital city of George Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and there are plenty of other attractions to explore, including the Penang Hill Funicular Railway and the Penang National Park.
How long does it take to fly from Nigeria to Malaysia?
On the average, flight from Nigeria to Malaysia is about 17 hours. However, while some few air planes from Lagos Nigeria get to Kuala Lumpur some few minutes to the calculated average flight time, especially direct flights, some others arrive few minutes later.
There are also various routes from Nigeria to Malaysia. While some of these routes are fast, some others can be slow. Note that the numbers of stopovers and duration of the whole trip also affect the eventual prices of tickets. Let us consider estimated duration of flight from Nigeria to Malaysia for various routes.
- Time of flight from Lagos to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai: Estimated time – 16 hours 55 minutes
- Time of flight from Lagos to Kuala Lumpur via Amsterdam: Estimated time – 27 hours 10 minutes
The fastest non-stop flight from Lagos to Kuala Lumpur is close to 16 hours. However, some airlines can even take up to 36 hours from Lagos to Toronto depending on the numbers of stopovers and waiting duration. Waiting time at intermediate airports could be anywhere between 1 hour to 22 hours.
Cost of Other Flights in Nigeria
- Cost of Flight Tickets from Nigeria to Kuwait (2023)
- How Much Is Flight From Lagos to Ghana in 2023?
- How Much Is Flight From Lagos to Abuja? (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to India (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Australia (2023)
- Cost of Private Jet Flights in Nigeria (October 2023)
- How Much is Flight from Lagos to Owerri in 2023?
- Price of Arik Flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to USA (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Uyo to Lagos (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to THE USA from Nigeria (October 2023)
- Cost of Traveling to South Africa from Nigeria (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Dubai (2023)
- 5 Cheapest Airlines in Nigeria (October 2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Canada (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to the UK from Nigeria (October 2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to China (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to South Africa (2023)
- How Much is Flight From Nigeria to Malaysia in 2023?
- How Much is Flight from Abuja to Lagos? (2023)
- Prices of Arik Flight from Benin to Lagos (2023)
- Cost of Flights from Nigeria to Saudi Arabia (2023)
- Cost of Traveling to Canada from Nigeria (October 2023)