The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation needs no introduction. If you are familiar with the petroleum industry in Nigeria, then you will know the impact and importance of NNPC in the petroleum industry.
Away from the big multinational companies in the industry in the likes of Chevron, Shell, Total and Exxon Mobil, NNPC is the local corporation that indirectly guides the operation of the industry. While the mostly salary of workers in NNPC falls some distance off salaries of workers in these multinational oil companies, NNPC workers still remain among the very well paid staff in the government payroll.
NNPC, like most other oil and gas companies, are dynamic and flexible when it comes to professions. They are not limited to Geoscientists and engineers. In fact, most of their staffs are non-scientists. It is easy to see why NNPC is one of the most coveted organizations to work for in Nigeria. Apart from the fact that the job is quite flexible and dynamic, there are lots of incentives, in cash and in other forms, that come with working at NNPC. When it comes to pay, they rate high within the industries in Nigeria.
Have you ever asked yourself how much NNPC workers earn? You are in the right place, on the right page, reading the right information. This post takes a look at how much NNPC workers earn, specifying how much some levels and job specifications earn.
NNPC Salary Structure
The Petroleum industry is one of the core industries in Nigeria. It is, till date, the highest paying industry and stands with the highest paying jobs. Whatever field or position you find yourself in the industry, you can be sure of a very comfortable pay. While NNPC is not among the highest paying companies in the industry, they boast among the highest paying local organization in Nigeria.
Just like other oil and gas companies, salary structures in NNPC vary. The salaries vary per professions, job specifications, and sometimes location. Apart from the salaries, NNPC workers are entitled to bonuses and other several incentives.
That being said, it should be noted that NNPC staffs hardly disclose their salaries. For the sake of this post, we were able to gather reliable information. Salaries of NNPC workers vary per department. Asides the board and managing directors, petroleum engineers and geoscientists earn the highest pay in NNPC. Although there is great difference in the salaries of staff at first, salaries grow with time and there is usually significant difference as they upscale in rank.
Salaries are usually pad according to ranks. Here, we will take a look at an estimate of how much the popular levels earn in NNPC.
NNPC allows for interns to come into the organization to learn. This gives interns a great opportunity to learn more about their fields and relate with professionals, dealing with practical issues. Usually, internship is between 3 months to 2 years depending on the school and discipline. As expected, interns are the least earning staff in NNPC. On the average, they earn between N18, 000 – N30, 000 per month.
The entry level is the first level as a fresh graduate in NNPC. Although it isn’t categorically called “entry level” and is in fact named according to the profession, say sales officer, the level is the most basic in the organization. On the average, new entry in NNPC earns between N180, 000 – N350, 000 depending on the job specification and level of experience. Engineers and field workers generally earn more. This figure excludes bonuses and other basic incentives which can almost double the take home at the end of the month.
This is where the money begins to flow well. The salary here is dependent on level of experience and job description. On the average, experienced staffs in NNPC earn between N500, 000 – N1 million depending on the level of experience and the rank. Managers in some certain fields in the organization earns far more than this. In fact, some top managers earn above 2 million naira per month.
Again, it should be noted that this information is not 100%. Figures may change with time and some of the salaries for some fields in the industry are vague.
Check Salaries of Other Professionals in Nigeria
- Public Health Salary in Nigeria (2023): Is It Worth It?
- Chevron Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay in 2023?
- Anatomists’ Salary in Nigeria in 2023: See What They Earn
- KPMG Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay
- How Much is the Nigerian Navy Salary? (March 2023)
- How Much Does Uber Pay Car Owners in Nigeria? (2023)
- Geologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Level 8 Salary in Nigeria (2023): See How Much Is Paid
- Investment Bankers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Petroleum Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Radiographers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- NNPC Salary Structure: How Much Does NNPC Pay? (2023)
- How Much Does Bolt Charge per KM in Nigeria? [(year)]
- Civil Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Medical Doctors’ Salaries in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- How Much Do Taxify Drivers Make Weekly in Nigeria? (2023)
- Civil Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023): Full Details
- Biomedical Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Dentists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- Microbiologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Salary of Optometrists in Nigeria (2023)
- Mass Communication Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Pharmacists Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- How Much Do Models Earn in Nigeria?
- Biochemists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Nigerian Pilot Salary: See How Much They Earn (2023)
- Web Developers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- TV Presenters Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Mechanical Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Geologist Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Senators’ Salary in Nigeria – (2023) Full Breakdown
- Nurses Salary in Nigeria (2023): How Much Are They paid?
- Housemanship Salary in Nigeria (2023)
Please can you do one on NAFDAC’s salary? Thank you
what is the salary of dental doctor
Biochemistry students among the highest paying Staffs?
Please, l would like know Project Manager salary. in all sector
Please, l would like to know Project Manager salary in all sector
What about Agriculture?
Nigeria is rich