Nokia launched one of their most anticipated mid-range smartphones early this year. While the smartphone does not rate among the brand’s top masterpieces of all time, the Nokia 1 surely stands among their finest in the mid-range so far in 2019.
With the phone already earning positive reviews today, we look at the smartphone’s core specifications and how much it goes for in the current market.
Price of Nokia 1 in Nigeria
As it stands Nokia 1 can be purchased for anything between N30, 000 and N37, 000 depending on the place of purchase. In addition, factors like the model, currency exchange rate and the period of purchase also affect the eventual price the smartphone goes for. Nokia 1 is readily available and can be purchased in various smartphone stores across the country. They are also available for purchase online via e-commerce stores.
Nokia 1 Specs
- Release date: 2019, March
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie (Go edition)
- Screen Size: 5.45 inches, 76.7 cm2 (~75.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~197 ppi density)
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal memory: 8 GB/16 GB; microSD, up to 128 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Processor: Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Networks: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP, AF
- Front Camera: 5 MP front shooter for selfie
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery
- Other Specifications: Accelerometer, proximity
Nokia 1 Review
Let us take a deeper look at the features and specifications of the Nokia 1.
Body and Design
At first view, Nokia 1 looks like most mid-range smartphones – a display not so big with a front-facing camera and for its relatively affordable price, some obvious bezel with a big top bar and down the chin. With not a touch of metal to be seen anywhere in the build of the Nokia 1, the actual story of its design is the use of plastic. This means that there is polycarbonate in front and at the backplate This is not the fanciest Nokia smartphone in the market today.
The 5.45-inch IPS display will probably not turn heads, but it is smooth and sharp enough. The smartphone features an FWVGA+ resolution that is sub-HD. That smaller screen size should give you an idea of the smartphone’s overall size, which is on the smaller side with dimensions of 145 x 70.4 x 8.55mm compared to most other phones in its category. Some will argue though, that its extended display follows the style for thinner phones. The smartphone manages a resolution of 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9 ratio with 197 PPI density.
Nokia 1 is no way near Nokia’s top phones when it comes to camera quality, although it does the job for you just fine. With a rear camera at 8MP, the smartphone is not designed to solely please camera lovers. Autofocus is excruciatingly slow even in well-lit scenes, and it frequently finds it difficult to lock onto a particular subject, constantly looking for a focus point and delivering blurry images.
The Nokia 1 features a 2,500mAh battery capacity, which is largely enough for under 13 hours of straight talk time or over 80 straight hours of music. The smartphone does not include fast charging features; in all fairness, you wouldn’t expect one given its features.
Operating System and Processor
The Nokia 1 manages a basic Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 processor to power the phone’s operations. It runs on the latest Android Pie Operating system and features a modest 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage, depending on the model you are going for. The internal storage is expandable to up to 128 GB via a microSD card that can be slotted in a shared SIM slot.
Nokia 1: Things You Will Like About the Smartphone
- Decent Price: Nokia 1 is surely not the very best Nokia masterpiece ever but it goes for the right price surely. Given the spec and features the phone boasts, one can categorically conclude it is relatively cheap compared to some other smartphones in its category. The mid-range phone can serve as a cheaper alternative to some flagship phones in the market.
- Durable: Let’s do some old school here, shall we? Nokia 1 surely brings back the great moments with a removable cover. This has been warmly embraced in a world already dominated by non-removable covers and batteries. The smartphone also boasts a strong build-up that ensures the phone’s durability.
Nokia 1: Things May Not Like About the Smartphone
- Limited Storage Capacity: Mid-range smartphone markets have surely seen far better smartphones than the Nokia 1 in terms of memory space. If you are looking for a mid-range smartphone that has bountiful internal memory, then you might need to look away from this phone.
- Front Camera Should Be Better: For the price it goes for, the rear camera is fair. While the back camera has drawn positive reviews, the front camera has just not been it for most Nokia fans. One would have expected more than the 5 MP front shooter for the smartphone from Nokia. With a lot of brands releasing outstanding smartphones with great front cameras in recent times, Nokia should only do better to improve this aspect.
- Get a Better Smartphone For a little more: If you can add a little more to how much this smartphone goes for, you will definitely get a far better phone with better overall spec and performance.
Other Nokia Phones
- Nokia Maze Monster Price in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Nokia 7 Plus Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & More
- Nokia 2 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & Review
- Nokia 5 Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & Review
- Nokia 3310 Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & Review
- Nokia 1 Price in Nigeria, Specs & Review (August 2019)
- Nokia X71 Price in Nigeria, Review & Specs (August 2019)
- Nokia 3 Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & Review
- Nokia 4.2 Price in Nigeria, Specs & Review (August 2019)
- Nokia 3.2 Price in Nigeria, Specs & Review (August 2019)
- Nokia 9 Pureview Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Review
- Nokia 8 Price in Nigeria (August 2019) + Specs & Review