Most Nigerians recognize olive oil for its religious uses. Many of them don’t know that Olive oil can be used for several exciting purposes. Olive oil is very rich in nutrients, especially antioxidants and monosaturated fatty acids. Experts consider this type of fatty acid to be very healthy for the human body.
The antioxidants present in olive oil help ensure that your body does not suffer cellular damage. It is no secret that cellular damage can result in more harm to the body as it is the main cause of several diseases.
With all this being said, one question comes to mind. How much does olive oil cost in Nigeria? This post will answer this question and several others.
Olive Oil Prices in Nigeria
Olive oil is the oil that is gotten from the olive fruit. While these trees are mostly found in the Mediterranean region, we can find olive oil everywhere in the world. This oil has several uses such as cosmetics, soaps, cooking, fuel, and medicine.
How much does olive oil cost in Nigeria? There are different products with different bottle sizes on the market. As such, finding the exact cost of these different products might be quite difficult. Not to worry, we have handled the assignment on your behalf. Check the list below for some of the popular olive oil products in Nigeria and their prices:
- Basso Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 Litre: From ₦5,000
- Basso Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 Litre – 2 BOTTLES: From ₦10,000
- Basso Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 Litre – CARTON OF 12: From ₦60,000
- Be Free Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 250ml:From ₦5,200
- Brillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 Litre: From ₦6,500
- Brillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1L: From ₦6,500
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tin 5 Litres: From ₦23,400
- DEROYAL Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 4 Litres: From ₦22,000
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 Litres: From ₦20,500
- Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 500ml: From ₦5,000
- Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 88.7ml: From ₦1,250
- Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil-88.7ml X3: From ₦3,750
- Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil COLD PRESSED – 2 liters: From ₦20,000
- Kirkland Signature Refined Olive Oil 3 Liters – PACK OF 2: From ₦30,500
- Kirkland Signature Refined Olive Oil And Its Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 Litres X2: From ₦45,000
- Ktc Blended Olive Oil & Sunflower Oil – 5 Litres: From ₦21,000
- Ktc Blended Olive Oil & Sunflower Oil 5 Litres – CARTON OF 4: From ₦76,000
- Ktc Olive Pomace Oil Blend 5L – PACK OF 4: From ₦84,800
- Laser Blend Of Olive Oil And Rapeseed Oil 5L – PACK OF 4: From ₦58,000
- Laser Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 500ML: From ₦3,000
- Laser Extra Virgin Olive Oil -1 Liter: From ₦5,000
- Laser Olive Pomace Oil – 4L: From ₦19,200
- Laser Pomace Olive Oil – PACK OF 4: From ₦76,000
- Natco Olive Pomace Oil – 5 Litres: From ₦17,700
- Pompeian First Cold Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 Liters:From ₦16,000
- Roberts Quality Olive Oil – 70ml: From ₦500
- Deroyal Extra Virgin Olive Oil Blended With Spanish Oil -1 L: From ₦10,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: APRIL 24, 2023.
Special Beauty Benefits of Olive Oils
Olive oils, unlike many harmful oils, don’t clog skin pores. Instead, the skin soaks in the oil so that it helps to soothe the effects of any damaging cell agents. Such agents may result in wrinkles, loss of skin colour, and acne to mention a few. There are several special beauty benefits of olive oils. This section will reveal some of these special beauty benefits:
Moisturizing the skin
This benefit of olive oil shouldn’t be surprising considering that it is an oily substance. It is a very special moisturizer that helps to keep your skin soft and succulent. Many experts recommend that you use olive oil over the skin after prolonged exposure to the sun. Simply apply the oil to the skin then massage it and blot out any excess oil.
You can add olive oil to your face masks to improve their moisturizing capabilities. Usually, face masks help to rid the face of acne, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. The problem with most face masks is that after a while, they draw out the moisture of the skin. When this happens, it leaves the skin dry and causes wrinkles and rapid ageing. You can prevent this by adding some olive oil to your face masks before applying the mask to your face. The simple recipe below will help you in this regard:
- 1 egg yolk (raw).
- I teaspoon of honey (raw).
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Mix all the ingredients in a re-sealable container in no particular order. Rub the mixture over your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. It should harden at this point and you can wash it off using some warm water. Dry your face up with a clean towel and moisturize immediately for best results.
Many people, especially the female folk, want to have stronger and healthier nails. Do you know that you can achieve this with olive oil? Yes, olive oil contains several important nutrients including vitamin E which is great for making nails stronger.
All you need to do is pour some olive oil into a bowl and soak your nails in the oil for about 20 minutes. Do this at least once every week, and you will see remarkable changes in the strength of your nails. You can consider cleaning your nails with some vinegar occasionally to help you reduce the chances of germs building up under your cuticles.
Clean stained nails
Olive oil doesn’t just strengthen nails, it is also a strong cleaning agent to rid your nails of stains. You can mix some olive oil with lemon juice and soak your nails in the mixture once every week. Doing this will rid your nails of gunk and leftover nail polish.