With all the standing, walking, and sitting our bodies undergo everyday be it at the office or at home, or at times due to the lack adequate exercises we ought to be doing every day, a lot of us, especially the aging ones, find ourselves having to deal with back and neck aches. While it has been a persistent problem in the society today, one remedy that has been advised by medical practitioners is to purchase an orthopedic mattress.
An orthopedic mattress is not just a mattress; it is designed to help the align the body in a way to stretch the muscles and hence, enhance sound sleep. These mattresses not only ensure you sleep better, it also promotes your physical state and general wellbeing. It is not enough to just sleep to a random mattress, especially for people with persistent back and neck aches, what is more important is the type of mattress and the materials it is made of. This has made orthopedic mattresses very important.
A well-built orthopedic mattress improves the quality of your sleep by equally distributing pressure through the body and hence, aiding better circulation. It also reduces your movement during sleep and tends to enhance a calmer sleep.
As expected, the demand for the orthopedic mattress in Nigeria has ominously increased as lots of people have been complaining about persistent neck and back aches. Although some of these pains are as a result of everyday routines or stress, they have their greatest effect at night when one tries to sleep. The introduction of orthopedic mattresses in Nigeria has been greatly embraced and has seen their market grow enormously.
In this post, we will take a look at the prices of various brands and sizes of orthopedic mattresses in Nigeria. We will also take a look at basic things to consider before buying one.
Prices of orthopedic mattresses in Nigeria
The market for orthopedic mattresses has drastically increased over the last decade. This is largely due to a higher number of people complaining about chronic back and neck pains. This type of mattress has been recommended by medical practitioners and hence, increased the rate of demand of the products.
Orthopedic mattresses come in different sizes, designs and materials. Although there are only few brands that manufacture the products in Nigeria, it is still essential to consider the prices of the various brands and types available in the market today.
Orthopedic mattresses can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from distributors across the country. They can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce websites. It is advisable to purchase orthopedic mattresses directly from manufacturers or brand distributors. This confirms, to a large extent, the authenticity of the product. Also, one can easily return the products whenever there are issues that warrant such.
|Vita Galaxy Orthopedic Mattress||From N88,600|
|Mouka Regal Orthopedic Mattress||From N107,577|
|Mouka Semi Orthopedic Mattress||From N69,158|
|Beledoc Detachable Orthopedic Mattress||From N200,000|
|ZR 6ft x 6ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress||From N259,000|
|Vita 6ft x 7ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress||From N203,100|
|Vita Semi 6ft x 7ftx 8 Orthopedic Mattress||From N170,000|
|ZR 5ft x7ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress||From N109,000|
|Sarafoam Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 6ft x 10in||From N128,000|
|Regal Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 7ft x 10in||From N296,806|
|Regina Semi Orthopedic Mattress||From N136,913|
|Regal Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 4.5ft x 8in||From N140,000|
|Regina Semi Orthopedic Mattress 6 x 6 x 10in||From N136,900|
|Regina Semi Orthopedic Mattress 6 x 7 x 8in||From N130,000|
|Mouka Orthopedic 6 x 6 x 8in||From N169,000|
|Regina Semi Orthopedic Mattress 7 x 7 x 8″||From N184,717|
PRICES LAST UPDATED: JULY 4, 2023.
It should be noted that the variation of these prices is as a result of some factors. These factors include the place of purchase, the size of the mattress, the material the mattress is made of and the time or period of purchase.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Orthopedic Mattress
The market for orthopedic mattresses has expanded over the past few years. Due to high demand of the product, there are now various types, brands, class and sizes of orthopedic mattresses in the market. The diverse options available in the market today as only made it more difficult for one to choose a particular orthopedic mattress. Choosing an orthopedic mattress is delicate and it is important to pick one that suits your reason for purchase.
When you are buying an orthopedic mattress, it is important to consider some basic factors. These factors help you streamline your options and pick the best mattress for you. Some of these factors include:
- Budget: Orthopedic mattresses are generally more expensive than standard mattresses. They can range from as low as N55,000 to as high as N300,000 depending on the size, quality and material. It is always important to know how much you are ready to spend on the mattress so as to streamline your options. There are several types of orthopedic mattress and you will be able to find one that fits your budget.
- Purpose of Purchase: When you decide to buy an orthopedic mattress, be sure to keep in mind what your exact neck, back or spine problems may be. Although the orthopedic mattress is generally designed to address most back, neck and spine challenges, you may need to converse your challenges with a well-informed salesperson or consultant. This helps streamline your options and eventually select the right mattress for the right kind of sleep.
- Quality of the Mattress: Orthopedic mattresses vary in quality. As much as you should consider your budget, you should also consider the quality of the mattress you are buying.
- Partner: You should also consider the person that will be sleeping with you on the bed. If your partner does not have any ache and needs not use an orthopedic mattress, you might need to consider purchasing a semi orthopedic foam for convenience of both parties.
Orthopedic Mattresses in Nigeria: Where to Buy
Needless to say, you have two options when it comes to buying household stuffs here in Nigeria: buying them offline or placing your order online. Orthopedic mattresses are no exception.
Although not so many Nigerians are cool with the idea of ordering an item such as a mattress online, this option actually gives you access to the best prices available in the market, since online marketplaces like Jumia and Konga have many sellers vying for your patronage. So, it’s a game of who can offer the best prices. Another huge benefit of buying your orthopedic mattress online is that you can have it delivered right at your doorstep. So, you won’t have to do anything strenuous. If you’re skeptical for any reason, some online retailers would allow you to pay on delivery. So, you can pay after the product has gotten to you.
The other option, of course, is traditional — visiting a mattress distribution or sales outlets around you to make your purchase. Aside that this option deprives you of the chance to compare prices, you’ll also have to make separate paid arrangements for transporting the mattress to your desired location.
See Prices of Other Mattress Types in Nigeria
- Prices of Vitafoam Mattress in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Air Bed Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- 6 by 6 Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Mouka Foam Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Vono Foam Price List (December 2023)
- Orthopedic Mattress Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Mattress Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Prices of Water Bed in Nigeria (2023)