Palm oil is one of the most important food ingredients in this part of the world. We use palm oil to prepare a wide variety of local and continental dishes. Because of this, the palm oil business is easily one of the most profitable in Nigeria today.
Part of the palm production process involves extracting oil from palm kernels. While you can carry this process out manually, it takes a lot of time and consumes so much energy. Because of this, it may not be viable for the commercial production of palm oil.
Technology has blessed us with a wide variety of palm kernel oil extraction machines. These machines help us to extract oil from palm kernels faster and with less stress. This is why many people that are into palm production for commercial purposes seek to purchase these machines.
The question that begs an answer at this point is, “how much does it cost to purchase a palm kernel oil extraction machine in Nigeria?” This post will show you the latest palm kernel oil extraction machine prices in Nigeria.
Palm Kernel Oil Extraction Machine Prices in Nigeria
The palm oil production process is quite rigorous, and it takes a lot of time. To produce palm oil on a commercial level, it is essential that you invest in a palm kernel oil extraction machine. There are different sizes of these machines and they come with different production capacities and functionalities.
One of the factors that you must consider when choosing a palm kernel oil extraction machine is the price. To properly find out the prices of different machines, you need to carry out an efficient market survey. We understand how difficult and time-consuming this might be for you, so we have handled the process on your behalf.
Check below for the latest palm kernel oil extraction machine prices in Nigeria:
- Energy Saving General Service Palm Oil Processing Machine Coconut Oil Press Machine: N1.1 million – N1.5 million
- Nigeria Mini Palm Oil Processing Machine to Make Palm Oil: N400,000 – N900,000
- Multifunctional Palm Oil Press Machine/Palm Fruit Processing Machine/Palm Oil Refinery Machine: N1.2 million – N3.2 million
- Automatic small palm oil processing machinery mini oil mill: N2.9 million – N3.7 million
- 1 – 5.0 TPH mini palm oil plant. Whole set palm oil processing line, mini CPO plant: N5.2 million – N7.2 million
- 1 – 20 t/h fresh oil palm fruit mill plant palm fruit oil milling presser extractor machine: N1.5 million – N1.7 million
- Palm oil processing machine industrial palm oil extractor processing machine: N600,000 – N1.3 million
- Oil palm machine extraction high-quality stainless steel coconut oil expeller mini oil press: N380,000 – N550,000
- Factory price oil press machine/palm kernel coconut oil expeller/cotton seed oil extraction machine: N700,000 – N900,000
- 10 tons palm oil processing machine and palm oil refinery plant: N1 million – N1.2 million
- High-efficiency red palm oil refining machine small scale crude vegetable seeds oil refinery equipment: N700,000 – N2.2 million
- High-efficiency small scale palm oil refining machinery/edible oil refining machine: N900,000 – N1.4 million
- Machine palm oil filter press small capacity food grade hydraulic filter press: N450,000 – N510,000
- Small castor oil processing equipment oil palm cutter baobab copra sesame oil press machine 50 kg: N350,000 – N450,000
- Palm kernel oil processing machine palm kernel oil production line palm kernel oil extraction machine: N1.5 million – N2.3 million
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 14, 2023.
The prices in the list above are for new palm kernel oil extraction machines. If you prefer to purchase Nigerian-used machines, they will cost less, but we don’t advise you to take this step. This is because you don’t have any guarantee of the efficiency of these machines.
Starting the Palm Oil Business in Nigeria
The palm oil business is very profitable if you understand it and can make your way around. Many people in Nigeria today have focused on this business and are making millions yearly. The question that we need to answer is, “how do you start the palm oil business in Nigeria?”
Truth be told, the process is not so difficult. It all depends on which aspect of the business you want to be involved in. Below are the different aspects of the palm oil business that you can consider:
- Planting and harvesting of palm kernels.
- Processing of palm kernels and extraction of palm oil from the kernels.
- Packaging of the oil.
- Wholesale and distribution within the country.
- Retail sales.
- Haulage and logistics.
Whatever stage you want to be involved in, there are a few things that you must do to start your palm oil business. We will discuss some of them below:
The first step is to study the market properly to find out what it takes to get involved with the palm oil business. Here, you need to figure out which aspect of the business suits you. After doing this, your next line of action is to learn about the industry. Visit existing businesses in your sector and ask important questions to guide you in setting up your business. Find out how much it will cost to set up the business, the machines you need, the best suppliers, how to sell your products, packaging, haulage, and so on. The information you gather here will guide you throughout the business.
Write a business plan
Once you have completed your feasibility study, it is time to write your business plan. The plan presents you with several advantages including guiding the business operations, raising capital, and attracting investors. If you cannot write the plan by yourself, you can reach out to a professional to assist you for an amount.
Capital is what you need to start and run your business. It goes beyond liquid cash to pieces of equipment, your business venue, and every other thing that your business needs to run optimally. There are several ways to raise capital for your business. Some of them include:
- Bank loans.
- Angel investors.
- Personal savings.
- Gifts and loans from loved ones.
Your business plan will be very helpful in raising capital from investors and banks. Ensure that you know how much you need to set up the business so that you don’t get less than you need.
Other things you should do include:
- Get your business space
- Register your business
- Find suppliers
- Choose a haulage company
- Market your products