It is easy to see why Petroleum engineering is among the most coveted professional line in Nigeria today. Apart from the fact that they are regarded as hot-cakes in the labour market in the country, they are seen as indispensable and among the most rated in the oil and gas industry.
Does “oil and gas” ring a bell in your head, and pocket? Well, you are not alone. It is no news that the oil and gas industry is a core part of the economy and the home of the money in Nigeria, and most other parts of the world. Simply put, the oil and gas industry is a dream for lots of Nigerian youths, and yes, that is so deserved.
Petroleum engineering is among the highest paying professions in Nigeria. In fact, as at 2016, the profession was the highest paying profession for entry level. Till date, they still remain among the most coveted professions in the country.
Along with other professional fields in the oil and gas sector like Geology, Geophysics and other similar fields, petroleum engineering is dynamic, adventurous and well-paying. Bonuses asides, the basic pay is something to savour.
Have you ever asked yourself how much petroleum engineers earn? This post takes a look at how much petroleum engineers earn, specifying how much some companies pay petroleum engineers.
How Much Do Petroleum Engineers Earn in Nigeria?
Petroleum engineering is one of the leading professions in Nigeria. It is the highest paying engineering profession and stands with the highest paying jobs in the industry today. Their pay is as suiting as the regards they get in the society today. It is safe to say they are among the most secure professions in Nigeria today. Petroleum engineers are not restricted to offshore operations in the oil and gas sector. In fact, some petroleum engineers work with civil engineers and function in other engineering fields as well.
Salaries of petroleum engineers vary per company. Generally, basic salaries of petroleum engineers are on the high side and they are also entitled to bonuses, which also depend on the company. Here, we will consider how much some top companies pay their petroleum engineers.
Shell is one the international oil and gas companies in Nigeria. They are also one of the highest paying oil and gas companies in this part of the world. They are presently the largest and the oldest oil producing company here in Nigeria. When it comes to how much they pay petroleum engineers, they rank among the top 4 to 5 oil companies.
For entry level staff, they pay between N3, 300, 000 – N8, 000, 000 per annum depending on the job positing and specification. Also, factors like location and nature of the job. This excludes basic allowances they are entitled to throughout the year.
Just like Shell Nigeria, Total E&P rank among the top oil and gas companies in Nigeria. They are also ranked among the oil and gas companies with the highest number of staff in the industry. This has not in any way affected the employee’s payroll though. For starters, Total E&P pay between N7, 000, 000 – N12, 000, 000 per annum depending on the position, job specification and location.
This is another oil and gas servicing company that has stamped its name in the sands of time in the country. There are right there with the very best in terms of services and quality of staff. For a start, Schlumberger pays between N2, 700, 000 – N5, 000, 000 per year depending on the position and job description.
If you are an aspiring petroleum engineer, Exxon-Mobil is a great company to start your career. Apart from the fact they offer flexibility in terms of job description, they give plenty room for growth and train you to be the very best in your specialization. For a start, Exxon-Mobil pays petroleum engineers between N6, 000, 000 – N10, 000, 000 per annum.
Some other oil companies include
- Oando Nigeria: N1,600, 000 – N5, 000, 000 per annum
- Chevron: N6 million – N9 million per annum
- Saipem: N2.4 million – N4.8 million per annum
- Halliburton: N3.6 million – N4.5 million per annum
- Seplat: N2million to N4.5 million per annum
Check Salaries of Other Professionals in Nigeria
- Civil Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2021): Full Details
- Nigerian Pilot Salary: See How Much They Earn (2021)
- Dentists’ Salary in Nigeria (2021): See What They Earn
- Anatomists’ Salary in Nigeria in 2021: See What They Earn
- Geologist Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Salary of Optometrists in Nigeria (2021)
- NNPC Salary Structure: How Much Does NNPC Pay? (2021)
- How Much is the Nigerian Navy Salary? (November 2021)
- Level 8 Salary in Nigeria (2021): See How Much Is Paid
- Geologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Civil Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Nurses Salary in Nigeria (2021): How Much Are They paid?
- Biomedical Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- How Much Does Uber Pay Car Owners in Nigeria? (2021)
- Microbiologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Radiographers’ Salary in Nigeria (2021): See What They Earn
- TV Presenters Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Housemanship Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Mechanical Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Mass Communication Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- How Much Do Taxify Drivers Make Weekly in Nigeria? (2021)
- How Much Do Models Earn in Nigeria?
- Senators’ Salary in Nigeria – (2021) Full Breakdown
- Biochemists’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Public Health Salary in Nigeria (2021): Is It Worth It?
- Pharmacists Salary in Nigeria (2021): See What They Earn
- Medical Doctors’ Salaries in Nigeria (2021): See What They Earn
- Web Developers’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Petroleum Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Investment Bankers’ Salary in Nigeria (2021)
- Chevron Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay in 2021?
- How Much Does Bolt Charge per KM in Nigeria? [(year)]
- KPMG Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay