It is easy to see why the demand for plastic ID card printers has drastically surged of late. With loads of companies and schools coming into the market today, it is only wise to know the demand for plastic ID cards will increase, hence the printer. The great news is that these printers can be used for loads of other printing purposes. In fact, some plastic ID card printers are used to print on DVDs and CDs.
In this post, we will consider some of the common plastic ID card printers available in the market and how much they go for.
Prices of Plastic ID Card Printers in Nigeria
Plastic ID card printers are available in various types and designs. While some popular brands have particularly ruled this market over the years, like the Canon, for instance, some more modern companies are beginning to surge with high-class high-quality designs and are relatively easy to use. Here are prices of some of the most common power bank devices in the market today.
- Canon Pixma IP7240 Printer CD ID Card DVD Printer – N220, 000 – N230, 000
- Epson L805 CD and ID Card Printer – N200, 000 – N210, 000
- Epson L850 Photo, CD, ID Card All-in-One Ink Tank Printer – N220, 000 – N280, 000
- Fargo High Level DTC1250e Dual Sided ID Card Printer + ribbon + 500 Pvc Card – N450, 000 – N480, 000
- Fargo High Level HDP5000 Dual Sided ID Card Printer – N950, 000 – N1,300, 000
- Datacard Dual Carded ID Card Printer SD360 – N400, 000 – N500, 000
- ZEBRA ZXP SERIES 3 ID CARD SYSTEM – N400, 000 – N450, 000
The list above shows prices of common plastic ID card printers in Nigeria. The list shows an approximation of prices as collected in the current market. The variation in prices is because of various factors, which include currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase, and other related factors. Some brands are relatively expensive while some are not.
Things To Consider Before Buying A plastic ID card Printer
Plastic ID Card Printers, like most other printers, vary in types and quality. Although most plastic ID card printers deliver exactly what you need in the finest of fashions, it is always essential to get the exact type that suits your need.
The vast amount of plastic ID card printers options available in the market today can be very tiring. While you may be forced to think that there may not be all that much difference between the various types, that is not entirely true. Here are some factors to consider when buying a Bluetooth headset.
Consider the Simplicity and Portability
If you only need a basic informational card that contains text and photos, you may be content with a basic model that prints on one side of a plain plastic card. These are fine for card applications that do not need the ability to line with a card reader. Some models are very small so you can easily pack and take them with you to various locations.
Just take a camera along and ensure that you will have computer access with the required software installed to download and format your card designs to the ID card printer. These cheap basic printers are slower though, much more than their more costly family of printers, but they work well for firms that need small amounts of cards printed often.
Consider What You Will be Printing
ID badging software is one of the most critical factors to consider for any ID card system. Consider whether you will need a software that can connect with an existing database. Consider what functionality you will require from your ID badge. Consider how you will manage other applications that use the ID card like access control or tracking. This helps you know more about the functionality of the printer you are buying.
Consider the Durability of the Printer You are Getting
ID card units that print on thermal transfer film instead of directly on the card surface usually offer some extra protection to your printed images and the ID card generally. Also, try and look for printers that handle cards of all widths so you can easily print on the heavy-duty plastic stock.
If you are interested in cards that are durable in environments where they will be exposed to sun or chemicals, you might want to invest in a printer that can as well laminate. This comes standard on a very few models and is an extra option on others.
Consider the Image Quality the Printer Delivers
Image quality is regularly pretty much the same on most ID card printers that use the same technology. Thermal transfer printers offer a better-looking ID card. The level of image quality a printer produces is usually noted in dots per inch.
The higher the dpi, the more resolution the complete image will have. Most card printers are around 300 DPI. Even low-cost plastic ID printers produce a decent image. If your cards are used for P.R. purposes, you may want to have your plastic pre-printed at 1200 DPI by offset press method then modified on your plastic ID card printer. You can also choose a device that prints both the front and the back of each ID card so you can put the less vital information on the back of the card.
It is essential that the printer should be compatible with your current version of Windows. As it stands, Windows 2000 and XP are standard on most models, so if you have Windows 98 or Vista, you might need to check the manual or discuss with your sales representative about its compatibility. In addition, ensure you look to see if the card printer uses an Ethernet or USB connection to connect to your local network in case you need to connect to the internet.
- Nigerchin Cable Price List (October 2022)
- Studio Microphone Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Bluetooth Wireless Earpiece Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Airtel 4G Router Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Manual Changeover Switch Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- TP Link Routers & Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Power Bank Price in Nigeria (2022)
- Plastic ID Card Printer Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Soldering Iron Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 195 Diesel Engine Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 10 Cheapest MiFi Devices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 2.5 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 1.5 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 48-Port Switch Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 1115 Diesel Engine Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 2.5 mm Cutix Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 2.5 mm 3-core Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Coleman Nigeria Cable Price List (October 2022)
- Cat 6 Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Oraimo 20,000 mAh Power Bank Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Samsung AirPods Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)
- Hair Dryer Price in Nigeria (October 2022)
- 16 mm Cable Prices in Nigeria (October 2022)