It is easy to see why Abuja is one of the most visited cities in Nigeria. Apart from the fact that the city houses the most powerful house in the country, it is also among the most beautiful cities around. Whether for personal reasons, business or other official purposes, a lot of people travel from Port Harcourt to Abuja on daily basis. With a lot of road transport companies available today, it is essential to consider how much these companies charge for bus ticket from Port Harcourt to Abuja.
If you are looking to travel from Port Harcourt to Abuja by road, it is always necessary to take a look at some of the important details you will need for the trip. While booking a bus ticket is not difficult, it is important to know how much prices of these tickets go for. To get the best deals available, it is always advisable to consider prices of various bus transport companies available. This is what this article explains.
In this post, we will consider prices of bus ticket from Port Harcourt to Abuja and also explain other details to note pertaining to the trip.
Bus Ticket Prices from Port Harcourt to Abuja
If you are traveling from Port Harcourt to Abuja by road, there are some very core details you need to note. While a lot of emphasis have been placed on getting a registered bus for the trip, it is also important to consider how much the bus tickets go for in the current market.
Once you have confirmed your trip from Port Harcourt to Abuja by road, whether for personal, business of official purposes, the next important step is to enquire about the prices of bus tickets to Abuja. There are loads of buses trading this route today and it is essential to know how much these buses charge for tickets so as to get the best deal.
Prices of bus ticket from Port Harcourt to Abuja vary with bus companies. The prices of bus tickets is affected by lots of factors which include prices of fuel at the time of travel number of buses available to travel that route at that particular time, rate of demand of the ticket and some other factors. Generally, the location of the bus terminal also affects the prices of the ticket.
Here, we will take a quick look at some popular road transport companies that shuffle between these cities, considering how much their bus tickets cost.
- Take off times: 06: 45 Am
- Price: N6, 000 – N7, 000
- Take off times: 06:00 pm
- Price: N7, 000 – N8, 000
God is Good Motors (GIGM)
- Take off times: 06:20 am, 06:50 am, 07:20 am
- Price: N8, 000 – N9, 000
Other Buses at popular parks
- Take off times: n/a
- Price: N5, 000 – N7, 000
These differences in charges of bus tickets can also be dependent on the period of travel. For instance, prices of bus tickets are usually more expensive during festal periods and holidays. During these periods, a large number of people move between these cities and the rate of demand of ticket increases, and so does the prices.
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Bus from Port Harcourt to Abuja
With a lot of bus companies popping up in all spheres in Port Harcourt today, it is always essential to consider some basic factors when traveling from the city to Abuja. While some of these buses are certified, some others are not, making them not just dangerous but not reliable given their lack of credibility and accountability. Here, we will consider some of the basic factors to sort out before deciding on a bus company to follow from Port Harcourt to Abuja.
- Budget: The first thing you should consider when travelling from Port Harcourt to Abuja by road is how much you really have to spare for the trip. That being said, it is important to note that various bus companies offer various packages and prices. It is also important to note that your safety matters. Boarding unregistered buses on the roadside can be unsafe and inconvenient. If you don’t have as much money as required, it is always better to postpone the trip. Better safe than sorry.
- Location of Terminals: There are various terminals across the city. For convenience, you should consider terminals close to you over the ones far from where you are, especially if you travelling with luggage. You should also consider the sitting arrangements of the bus you are travelling to confirm how comfortable they are.
- Consider Convenience of Vehicle: You need to be as comfortable as possible when travelling from Port Harcourt to Abuja given the trip is over 10 hours. Consider the sitting arrangement of the vehicle and other necessary things. If you are satisfied, you are good to go.
How long Does it take to Get to Abuja from Port Harcourt by Road?
The duration of the whole trip from PH to Abuja varies. The duration depends on the speed of the vehicle and the route. On the average, the trip is between 10 to 12 hours. This depends on the take-off terminal and the condition of the vehicle. Some vehicles get to Abuja few minutes before the estimated time while some others get there minutes later.
- Lagos to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Lagos to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Abuja to Jos by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Ibadan to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Lagos to Ghana by Road: Bus Prices & Other Details (2018)
- Abuja to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Benin to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2018)
- Port Harcourt to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details