With the internet advertising various types and classes of vitamins to use during pregnancy, it has been very difficult for women in this condition to know the safe ones and the best to use. No doubt, certain vitamins and mineral are good for pregnancy, and it is essential to take some of these for the perfect health of the unborn child and the mother-to-be.
This post introduces one of the very essential supplement to use during pregnancy – Pregnacare Plus. Here, we will take a look at the uses of the medication, the possible side effects, the precautions, and most importantly, how much the supplement goes for in the current market in Nigeria.
Pregnacare Plus price in Nigeria
Pregnacare Plus is one of the most popular medications produced by Vitabiotics. It is one of many pregnancy care drugs produced by the brand. As it stands, the medication is also among the brand’s most expensive in its category. The medication sells for anything between N9,880 and N25,000 per pack, depending on where you are purchasing it from. It should be noted that a pack contains 56 tablets.
Pregnacare can be purchased from various top-rated medicine stores across the country. They can also be easily ordered from various ecommerce stores in the country.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 28, 2022.
Pregnacare Plus: What you should know about the medication
Pregnacare is one of the most post popular and in-demand pregnancy vitamin supplement in the Nigerian market today. The supplement is a product of multivitamin mainly used to avoid vitamin deficiency as a result of poor dieting, especially during pregnancy. The medication is also used to cure vitamin deficiencies during pregnancy. The importance of sufficient vitamins during pregnancy cannot be overemphasized. Apart from the fact that they serve as important building blocks of the body, they also help keep the unborn child and the mother-to-e in great shape and overall standard health condition.
The medication is usually taking by mouth. It is very essential to follow the directions as stated in the leaflet or better consult your doctor before taking the medication. Generally, the Pregnacare Plus is expected to be taken once daily, except otherwise directed by the doctor. Regardless of the condition you are looking to curb, it is advisable not to take more than the recommended dosage per day to avoid health complications and side effects. Also, it is advisable to follow the recommended dosage regularly to get the very best of the medication. Doctors have always advised to take the medication around the same time per day.
Side Effects of Pregnacare Plus
There are many side effects that accompany the use of Pregnacare Plus, just like in the case of many other sensitive drugs. These side effects come in various types and vary heavily per individual. While some of the side effects are temporal and lasts within days and weeks, patients might need to cope with some for months. Depending on the patient’s response to treatment, the side effects vary.
One of the most common side effects patients have complained about is Constipation. Over 30 percent of users tend to experience mild constipation at some point while using the medication. Some other common side effects include diarrhoea, dizziness and stomach upset. The side effects as started here are usually mild and temporary. The body adjusts to these side effects in no time and the symptoms disappear. In cases where the symptoms are persistent and worsens, patients are advised to contact their pharmacists or doctors as soon as possible.
On very rare occasions, patients have tendencies to experience some more serious side effects. Some of these side effects include rashes, swelling or itching of the face, throat, or tongue, severe dizziness and difficulty in breathing. Once any of these symptoms are noticed, it is essential for the patient to contact the medical doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible. There are also some side effects not mentioned here. Hence, it is important to reach out to your doctor once you notice strange reactions in your body, which could be as a result of the medication.
Pregnacare is not a regular drug and should not be used anyhow. Before taking the drug, it is essential to have a discussion with your pharmacist or doctor in case you have allergies to any of the drug’s constituents or any allergies at all. This is because the medication may contain active ingredients that could trigger these allergies and worsen the condition. If you have underlying health conditions, especially conditions like liver problems, stomach problems like ulcer, or issues with alcohol, you need to discuss explicitly with your doctor before you use the medication.
In instances where the multivitamin you are taking also has folic acid, ensure you discuss with your doctor or pharmacist if you have pernicious anaemia before taking it. This is because Folic acid could further affect certain lab tests for vitamin B12 deficiency without treating this deficiency, and this could result in serious nerve problems.
Drug interactions could alter how medications work and could further increase the patient’s risk for serious side effects. This makes it essential for the patient to keep a list of all the drugs him or her uses, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, and share these with the doctor and pharmacist before using Pregnacare Plus. If you are using medications that contain iron, make sure you do not take this product along at the same time as some antibiotics like tetracycline.
- Prices of Vitamin E Oil & Capsule Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Alpha Testo Boost Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Permethrin Cream Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Double Stemcell Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Proargi9 Plus Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lonart Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Pregnacare Plus Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Neurovit Forte Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Wellwoman Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Livolin Forte Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Appeton Weight Gain Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Addyzoa Prices in Nigeria (March 2023) + Uses & Dose
- P-Alaxin Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Clomid Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- NeoLife Products Price List in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Azithromycin Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Cost of ARV in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Greenlife Product and Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Combination-3 Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Spanish Gold Fly Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Augmentin Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Cost of Pregnacare in Nigeria (March year])
- BF Suma Products Price List in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Wellkid Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Dostinex Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Doxycycline Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Cellgevity Price in Nigeria (2023) & Other Details
- Ulcer Kit (Ulsakit) Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Prices of Apple Cider Vinegar in Nigeria (March 2023)
- STC30 Supplement Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Amoxicillin Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Best Blood Tonics in Nigeria & Prices (March 2023)
- Podophyllin Cream Price in Nigeria (March 2023)