Humans are naturally territorial. No matter how much we try to deny it, we all crave our own personal space; a place you can call your own. Trust me, even your baby has such tendencies, maybe even more. So no matter how much you try to be there by having your baby sleep on our bed, your little one will do better in a baby cot.
Most parents have come to this realization; little wonder there is a drastic rise in the demand of baby cots and beds. Deservedly so, babies are noticed to be more comfortable, relaxed and calmer in their own cot. They not only feel safer, they feel a lot more at home in their niche and as they get used to the cot, they become more and more familiar with their immediate environment. Asides the fact that baby cot makes your little one more relaxed, baby cots make babies more organized as they grow.
The idea of baby cots and beds has been widely embraced in Nigeria. In fact, baby cots and beds are one of the most sought after baby products at the moment. Baby cots and beds should be one of the top baby products on the top-have lists of Nigerian parents. The introduction of baby cots and beds means parents can properly lay their babies to sleep in absolute comfort while they do other things. Baby cots and beds come in different shapes, designs, sizes and spec.
Prices of Baby Cots and Beds in Nigeria
The importance of Baby cots and beds cannot be overemphasized. In fact, they are one of the most sought after baby products in Nigeria today. They are also one of the most readily available products in the baby product market. They can be gotten from online baby product and contemporary stores. These products can also be gotten directly from manufacturers or local distributors in Nigeria.
Here, we will take a look at the prices of various baby cots and beds available in the market today.
- LMV Baby Cot: N35,000 – N 40,000
- Universal Convenient baby bed: N4,000 – N 12,000
- Universal Playard Baby Cot: N28,000 – N40,000
- Mamakids Baby Cot: N28,000 – N32,000
- Graco Babysuite Playard: N35,000 – N40,000
- Graceland baby cot: N35,000 –N43,000
- Disney Princess Toddler Baby Cot: N37,000 – N40,000
The variation in prices of each product is as a result of factors that include the product’s year of production, place of purchase, etc.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Baby Cot and Bed
A decade ago, parents have limited options when it came to furnishing the nursery. Now there are various options to pick from. Your little one is going to spend a whole lot of time sleeping, most of the time in fact. A new born may typically spend up to 15 hours sleeping in a 24-hour period. This makes the cot and bed you choose an important decision and should be a well-considered one.
These days, parents face a bit of minefield when you are faced with buying all your bits and pieces for you baby, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for. With hundreds of different cots and beds available in the market, it is important to consider some basic factors before you decide on one. Here are some of these factors.
- Safety: As expected, safety should be the first factor to consider when buying a baby cot or bed. The truth is, not all baby cots are safe for babies. While some might look fanciful and appeal to the eyes, they might not be as safe as parents would like. The best way to ensure the safety of a baby cot is check if it satisfies safety standards and is certified by international safety organizations.
- Decide What Suits You: You have two options here; you can either go for a baby cot bed or a baby cot. If space is limited in your nursery, you may decide that the better option for you is a cot. If you are not restricted by space, a cot bed might be more economical in the long run. Also, while a cot should be big enough until your child is about 2 years old, a cot bed will suffice till your child is about 4 or 5.
- Manoeuvrability: It is also important for you to consider the weight of the baby cot and how easy it is to move around. There are occasions where you will need to move the cot around. While most cots are strong, some others are not sturdy.
- Teething Rails: Most babies will at one time or the other decide to chew the sides of their cot. It is always important to get non-toxic teething rails so as to prevent your baby from ingesting paint or varnish.
See Current Prices of Other Baby Items in Nigeria
- Prices of Baby Walkers in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Carriers in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Wardrobes in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Strollers in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Car Seats in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Cots & Beds in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Baby Rockers in Nigeria (2018)
- SMA Gold Price in Nigeria (2018)