Are you a beginner in tailoring? And are you in search of the prices of sewing machines in order to get one to sew your customer’s clothes? If your response is yes, then this article is meant for you. Just sit back and enjoy the read.
A sewing machine is a tailoring equipment used to stitch fabrics and other materials together using thread. Yes, you already know that. But do you know that they do come in various types depending on the choice of manufacturer’s design?
Therefore, depending on many factors like finance, choice etc. you as a tailor also have a wide spectrum of sewing machines to select from. Of course, the higher the money, the better the efficacy of the machine. So, it lies mostly on the financing side.
Why it lies most on the financing side is that manufacturers have also decided to produce different sewing machines that perform similar functions but in a different way.
We are here to serve you and that is why we decided to bring to your doorstep the various sewing machines currently in the Nigerian Market coupled with their prices. Check them below.
Types of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Currently, the three major types of sewing machines that the Nigeria Market offers are
- Hand Sewing Machine
- Electric Sewing Machine
- Computer-based Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Sewing Machine.
Definitely, the Hand Sewing Machine works in the absence of electric supply, which the Electric Sewing machine cannot do. Lastly, the computer-based Sewing Machine works solely under the supervision and control of an inbuilt computer system. Even though they might sound better than each other, each one of them has its cons and pros.
Other minor types of sewing machine you might likely find in Nigeria Market are
- Over-stitching Sewing machine
- Fast Seam Sewing Machine
- Furriery Sewing Machine
- Industrial Sewing Machine
- Mini Sewing Machine or Portable Sewing Machine
Prices of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
There are different varieties of sewing machines. Thus, the one you get will depends on your budget and your choice. However, note that even though all of them perform the same function of sewing your customer clothes, there are accessories that were added to some of them to increase efficiency and efficacy. An example is the computer based sewing machine: Just command and the machine will do the rest for you. Isn’t that too great of a sewing machine?
- Brother-Home Sewing Machines === ₦50,000 – ₦60,000
- Mini Portable Sewing machines === ₦12,000 – ₦15,000
- Brother- Metal Chassis Sewing machine === ₦70,000 – ₦80,000
- Brother-Professional Sewing machine === ₦110,000 – ₦120,000
- Butterfly Kid-Beginner Computerized Sewing Machine === ₦80,000 – ₦90,000
- Protex lock Stitch Sewing Machine === ₦140,000 – ₦150,000
- Singer-9960 600-Stitches Sewing Machine === ₦285,000 – ₦300,000
- Singer-Industrial Straight Zigzag &Embroidery Sewing Machine === ₦100,000 – ₦120,000
- Emel-Industrial 3-thread Overlocking Machine with Table &Motor === ₦120,000 – ₦135,000
- Industrial Straight Sewing machine === ₦105,000 – ₦120,000
- Universal Chef-Portable Electric Sewing Machine === ₦10,000 – ₦15,000
- SUMO-Industrial Overlocking Machine-4 Thread === ₦110,000 – ₦120,000
- Butterfly-Overlocking Sewing Machine === ₦31,000 – ₦35,000
- Euroluxe Paris- Handheld Sewing Machine === ₦13,000 – ₦15,000
- Xiantypical Industrial Straight Sewing Machine === ₦80,000 – ₦85,000
- Butterfly Home/Mini-Industrial Multi-Functional Zigzag Machine === ₦65,000 – ₦70,000
- SUMO- Overlocking Sewing Machine === ₦30,000 – ₦40,000
- Emel Bag Closing Sewing Machine === ₦37,000 – ₦45,000
As already stated, even though they performed the same function, there is variation in the architectural design of sewing machines depending on the choice of the manufacturers. However, note that the type of sewing that the machine is designed for, hence their physical appearance. All of these coupled with the other accessories that the manufacturer adds to the products cause variation in the prices.
This implies that the more sophisticated the sewing machine is, the higher the price and vice versa. Hence, depending on your choice, budget and the type of sewing you want to be involved in, hence the type of sewing machine to select. However, on a neutral ground, the higher the price, the better the efficacy and efficiency of the sewing machine.
Yes, before I forget. Another important factor that causes the variation in the price is the place of use. Of course, homemade sewing machine will be less expensive that industrial-made sewing machines. This is because the workload on them varies.
How to Choose the Right Sewing Machine
Nigeria Market today, house a wide variety of sewing machines and as such selecting the best one for yourself might be a tedious work. Thus, the need for us to select the best tips for you in order to choose the best sewing machine to sew your customer’s clothes. Check the tips out here
1. Look out for Relationship Between Price and Working Ability
Yes, this might be unable to detect at the first contact with your machine. But, so far you are well acquainted with the varieties of sewing machine, choosing the best sewing machine for you will be an easy task. Remember the higher the price, the better the efficiency and efficacy.
Though I will not taint any manufacturer as bad or good but some of them have a good reputation in manufacturing sewing machines. Therefore, before you go to buy your sewing machines, check out the manufacturers of your chosen sewing machine.
3. Vertical Shuttle
Many have made the mistake of selecting horizontal shuttle for vertical shuttle. One of the biggest cons of horizontal shuttle is that it usually come with a high price. In addition, it is very fragile and can easily worn out. Thus, ensure you make the right choice.
Sewing Machines are as crucial to a tailor as the oxygen that he/she breathes in. However, looking at the vast varieties of sewing machines in the Nigeria Market, some of the machines do not actually worth the price they are tagged with. However, so far the above tips are taken note of, choosing the best sewing machine will be an easy task.
See Prices of Other Machines in Nigeria
- Current Prices of Photocopy Machines in Nigeria (2018)
- Sealing Machine Prices in Nigeria [Nylon, Automatic, etc]
- POS Machine Prices in Nigeria [+ Dealers’ List]
- Popcorn Machine Prices in Nigeria [2018 Update]
- Butterfly Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Industrial Sewing Machines in Nigeria (2018)
- Electric Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Manual Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Shoe Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Submersible Pumping Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Groundnut Oil Extraction Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Industrial Weaving Machine Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Sewing Machines in Nigeria (2018)