Quality Control is fast becoming one of the most important aspects of the production process. Most people that work in manufacturing are required to have certifications in this field. It helps the student to do more than just focus on product or service quality. This course shows the student how to achieve improved quality to meet industry standards all over the world with practical examples.
Would you like to get a certification in Quality Control in Nigeria? Then you need to find out the different Quality Control courses in Nigeria and their current prices. Continue reading this post for this information.
Quality Control Courses in Nigeria & Prices
Quality Control involves specific tests that are carried out to figure out the quality of a certain product or service. These tests seek to certify the safety and effectiveness of products at different stages of the manufacturing process as well as when production is complete.
There are different types of Quality Control Courses in Nigeria with different duration spans and prices. This section will beam the light on some of the most popular Quality Control courses in Nigeria. Check them out below:
Industrial QA/QC Training
This course combines quality control with quality assurance. Quality assurance presents a set of procedures to monitor the processes required to deliver quality products or services. The aim is to ensure that there are no defects in the manufactured products or issues with services delivered. Quality control, on the other hand, tests finished products or services to ensure that they meet industry standards based on certain prescriptions.
Some of the industries where Industrial QA/QC training is required include:
- Fast-moving consumer goods.
- Building and construction.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical.
- Food and beverages.
- Design and engineering.
- Energy and utilities.
- Oil and gas.
- Production and manufacturing.
Training cost: N80,000 – N150,000 (The cost depends on the institution offering the training and the part of the country where the institution is located).
Six Sigma Awareness Training Course
This course presents you with a fundamental understanding of quality management technology. It is a globally-accepted certificate that is ideal for professionals that require a clear overview of the Six Sigma concepts.
Six Sigma helps to improve the overall quality of output through the identification and removal of causes of errors or defects from the manufacturing process. To achieve this, it makes use of a set of quality control methods. This training covers all the principles and concepts under Six Sigma. It also addresses the responsibilities and roles of the quality control personnel. Finally, it reveals the applications and benefits of Six Sigma as well as the toolkits used and the DMAIC methodology.
Below are the core areas of study for the Six Sigma Awareness Training Course in no particular order:
- Benefits and Applications of Lean Six Sigma
- Benefits of integrating Lean and Six Sigma
- Different Approaches to Process Improvement
- Key Success Factors for Lean Six Sigma Implementation
- Lean Six Sigma integration with other process improvement frameworks and Process Life-cycles
- The application of Lean Six Sigma to Services and Information Technology
- The Business Case for Lean Six Sigma
- The DMAIC model
- The Need for Lean Six Sigma
There are no prerequisite criteria for enrolling for this course. Anyone who seeks knowledge about Six Sigma can take advantage of this opportunity.
Training Cost: N150,000 – N250,000 (The cost depends on the institution where the training is taken).
Quality by Design Training Course
Quality by Design is a quality control course that focuses on making improvements in the quality of manufacturing through specific actions. Some of these actions include the reduction of operation costs, compliance with changing regulatory standards, and imbibing different process efficiencies. Every candidate of this course will receive materials and a certificate upon successful completion.
This course presents the student with a systematic approach to manufacturing. It begins by introducing the student to predefined objectives and then emphasizes the understanding of the product and manufacturing process. After this, it introduces the student to efficient process control as well as quality risk management. All of these are geared towards improving the overall quality of manufacturing in different sectors in Nigeria.
Implementation of Quality by Design concepts has helped to reduce operating costs and improve the efficiency of the manufacturing processes. Participants will gain knowledge regarding the prioritization of process parameters concerning screening designs. They will also learn how to use a statistical design of experiments to design robust processes. Below are the areas of study under the Quality by Design training course:
- Definition and verification of Critical Quality Attributes (CQAs), Critical Material Attributes (CMAs), and Critical Process Parameters (CPPs)
- Design Space and its application in process control, lifecycle management, and understanding design space limits.
- Development and use of Quality Target Product Profiles (QTPPs)
- Facets of statistical design of experiments (DOEs),
- The objectives for current QbD practices
- The origins and need for QbD for pharmaceutical products
- The overall logic and flow of the QbD development process, which includes the use and application of the various tools
Development and optimization of process control strategies, which include real-time release testing. Different job roles are required to participate in this training in Nigeria. Some of them include:
- Distribution Manager
- Engineering Team
- Production Managers
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Staff, etc.
Training Cost: N180,000 – N300,000
Quality Function Deployment
This quality control course helps the student to gain a clear understanding of the use of certain tools to create products that will meet customer requirements. Participants also learn about how to design robust products and services, create and control maintenance strategies, and document design process strategies.
Below are the core areas of study under Quality Function Deployment:
- Calculating a phase, I QFD matrix
- Defining quality function deployment
- Defining the focus within each of the four phases of a QFD process
- Evaluating an example of ‘Houses of Quality.
- Identifying data necessary for every room in a four-phase QFD process
- Identifying historical dates in QFD
- Identifying the difference between a true customer need and a technical descriptor
- Summarizing the benefits of QFD
Here are some of the job roles that require this training course:
- Design Product & Process Team
- Manufacturing Engineers and Managers
- Marketing and Sales Teams
- Product Development Personnel
- Project Managers
- Quality Consultants
- Quality Personnel
- R&D Personnel
- Service Teams
Training cost: N150,000 – N250,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED 10TH JANUARY 2023.