Our world is driven by different types of energy sources. We can split these energy sources into renewable energy sources and non-renewable energy sources. Solar panels, turbines, and windmills are becoming increasingly popular. All these energy sources fall under renewable energy sources.
Renewable energy is replenished by nature, and it emits very little or no pollutants or greenhouse gases. The question then becomes, “how do we make the switch to renewable energy considering the fact that over 80% of the world’s energy is from fossil fuels?” This is why you need to take renewable energy courses in Nigeria.
Renewable Energy Courses in Nigeria & Prices
Before discussing some of the popular renewable energy courses in Nigeria and their prices, let’s talk a little about renewable energy. Renewable energy is the type of energy you derive from natural sources that are replenished faster than it is consumed. The most common sources of renewable energy include:
- Wind energy
- Solar energy
- Tidal energy
- Hydro energy
There are several benefits of using renewable energy. Some of them include:
- Improved public health.
- Less global warming.
- Resilience and reliability.
- Stable energy prices.
- More jobs due to better access to the power supply.
With this out of the way, let’s look at some of the popular renewable energy courses in Nigeria and their prices.
Ultimate Renewable Energy Bundle Course for Beginners
This course is split into different sections based on different types of renewable energy sources. Check out the different sections and what you will learn below:
Here are a few things that you will learn during this course:
- Aqua buoy and the Aegir dynamo wave energy converters.
- AWS or Archimedes wave swing.
- Dispersion relation of different sea waves.
- Overview, types, and projects of Aqua Buoy wave energy converter.
- Overview, types, and projects of AWS.
- Overview, types, and projects of OWC.
- Overview, types, and projects of Pelamis wave energy converter.
- Overview, types, and projects of wave dragon.
- Oyster wave energy converter.
- Pelamis wave energy converter.
- Sea wave equation.
- Shoaling effect in sea waves.
- Steps of a feasibility study in a wave energy resource.
- Types of wave energy conversion systems.
- Types, projects, and design enhancement of an Oyster.
- Wave buoy measurements and computation of sea parameters.
- Wave dragon and oscillating column wave energy converters.
- Wave packet.
- Wave particles motion.
- Wave space, time, and height properties.
Hydroelectric power plants
During this part of the course, you will learn:
- Hydro head and its different effects on the generation of electricity.
- Different types of HEP power plants.
- How electricity is generated from hydro.
Solar energy course
After this part of the course, you should know the following:
- Components of on-grid and off-grid solar systems
- The fundamentals of solar energy
- tilt angle and shading effect in PV systems.
- Types and selection of solar modules
- Types of batteries in solar energy systems.
- Types of charge controllers
- Types of solar inverters
Geothermal power plants
During this module, you will learn the following:
- How electricity is generated from geothermal power.
- Different types of geothermal power plants.
Wind energy course
During this course, you will gather knowledge on the following:
- Applied force on the wind turbine, torque coefficient, and the importance of the TSR.
- Betz limit and maximum rotor efficiency.
- Concrete wind turbine tower.
- Effect of the rotor diameter and generator size on power.
- Factors affecting wind speed and density.
- Gearbox in wind turbines.
- Hybrid wind turbine tower.
- Lattice wind turbine tower.
- Rotor solidity and selection of the number of rotor blades.
- The power extracted by the turbine from the wind.
- Tubular steel wind turbine tower.
- Types of wind turbines.
- Wind turbine generator characteristics.
- Wind turbines spacing.
Training cost: N24,000 – N36,000
Green Hydrogen Fundamentals: A Renewable Energy Course
This course introduces you to the practical knowledge about the production and storage of hydrogen. It shows you everything about the fundamentals of hydrogen and how it is used in the energy industry. The Green Hydrogen Fundamentals course will be helpful for professionals that work in the hydrogen industry. It will also be perfect for individuals who want to know how hydrogen is produced and stored. If you are a student that plans to go into the hydrogen industry, then you should consider taking this course as well.
The Green Hydrogen Fundamentals course is split into five modules. They include:
- Green hydrogen.
- Liquid and compressed hydrogen.
- Production and storage.
- Hydrogen production
- Hydrogen storage
- Hydrogen storage materials
- Fuel cells
- Safety and applications.
- Hydrogen safety
- Hydrogen vehicles
- Hybrid energy systems
- Future of hydrogen
Training cost: N24,900 – N30,900
Wind Energy Fundamentals: Renewable Energy Power Course
In this course, you will learn the practical industry knowledge of the wind energy industry and wind turbines. It is a comprehensive video course that shows you basic information on how to design wind farm projects and manage them. Students will gain access to core fundamental knowledge about wind turbines and their applications in the wind energy industry.
This course is perfect for you if,
- You are a professional that is interested in working in the wind energy industry.
- You just got a job with the wind energy industry and need some foundation knowledge.
- You are a student that is seeking more knowledge about the wind energy industry.
The course is split into seven modules with each one running for a few minutes. You can complete the whole course within 2 hours and 41 minutes. Of course, you will have to complete your assessment to get the certificate afterward. Here are the things you will learn under each module:
- Concept of renewable energy and sustainable development
- Understanding wind.
- Sources of wind
- Wind calculation basics
- Instrumentation of measuring wind
- Wind turbine design.
- Wind turbine basics
- Drag and lift device
- Control and energy
- Ability, data management, and conditional monitoring
- Assessment and development flow.
- Careers in wind energy
Training cost: N29,900 – N39,900
PRICES LAST UPDATED 10TH JANUARY 2023.