Samsung’s Galaxy A is its mid-range lineup and over the years, it has gone through several refreshes and changes. Today, the smartphones under this product line come in world-class designs and can compete favorably with other smartphones in the same category. How much does a Samsung Galaxy A33 cost in Nigeria? What are this phone’s specifications? Is the Samsung Galaxy A33 a worthwhile investment? This post will provide answers to all these questions.
Price of Samsung Galaxy A33 in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy A33 is a 5G device that falls into the waterproof smartphone category. It might be a mid-range device, but it sits right there with some of the best smartphones in this category. Samsung has made several additions to this device including the IP67-rated protection treatment present in the higher phones from this brand. How much does it cost to buy a Samsung Galaxy A33 in Nigeria? This smartphone comes in two variants, the 6 GB and 8 GB variants, both with 128 GB internal memory. Check their latest prices below:
- Samsung Galaxy A33 6 GB + 128 GB: ₦236,000.00
- Samsung Galaxy A33 8 GB + 128 GB: ₦263,000.00
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 24, 2023.
Samsung Galaxy A33 Specifications at a Glance
- Name Samsung Galaxy A33 5G
- Date Released: March 2022
- Network: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900), SIM 1 & SIM 2, 3G (850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100), 4G LTE, 5G (SA/NSA/Sub6)
- Sim: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Dimension: 159.7 x 74 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- Build Type: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Peach
- Screen Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size: 6.4 inches [~83.7% screen-to-body ratio]
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio ~411 PPI
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 90Hz Refresh Rate
- IP67: dust/water-resistant
- OS: Android 12
- Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2.4 GHz & 2.0 GHz)
- GPU: Mali – G68, One UI 4.1
- Internal: 128G/256GB [UFS 2.2]
- RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- SD Card: microSDXC
- Front Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm
- Front Camera Video: 1080p@30fps
- Main Camera: Quad Camera
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Main Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Radio: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Alert Types: Vibration; Sounds
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Earphone: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, Virtual proximity sensing
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Other features
- XviD/MP4/MKV/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/APE/Flac player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- CAP: Non-removable Li-Po 5000mAh battery
- Fast battery charging: 25W
Samsung Galaxy A33 Review
Generally, the Galaxy A series from Samsung has in its line-up an array of very popular smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy A33 is no different as it is one of the most popular devices from the company since its release. While many people have taken a liking to this device, we need to find out if it is worth spending on. Check this review to see our findings.
The Samsung Galaxy A33 is a mid-range device and its design isn’t different from what is expected from this brand’s mid-range devices. It has a back panel that is designed using matter plastic. The brand does a great job with this part of the device to prevent it from revealing fingerprints.
Checking the sides of the device, you will notice the volume rocker and power button. There is also a SIM card and an expandable storage tray. At the top of the device, you will see the microphone hole while at the bottom, the brand placed the speaker grill, second microphone, and USB-C port. Do you feel like something is missing? You are not wrong as this device does not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Samsung graces the Galaxy A33 with an IP67 rating. Because of this, the device is water and dust resistant. This makes the Samsung Galaxy A33 more appealing to potential buyers. Along with this is the Gorilla Glass 5 which protects the device’s display.
Similar to its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy A33 has a tear-drop-shaped display also known as “Infinity-U.” The difference is that it now measures 6.4 inches and comes with an FHD+ resolution.
One of the things that we like the most about the Samsung Galaxy A33’s display is that it comes with good viewing angles. Along with this, the colors look very vibrant and the maximum brightness is set at 800 nits.
When it comes to biometrics, this device features an optical fingerprint reader that sits just below the screen mentioned above. Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy A33 does not feature an ultrasonic sensor which would have been quite the treat. However, you can make use of the face-unlock feature on this device.
Performance and software
The main performance improvements in the Samsung Galaxy A33 are from the new chipset. This device features the Exynos 1280 chipset. The chipset is the first to be built on the 5nm process and also the first to be used in any of the Galaxy A3x series.
This device features an octa-core system with 2 x 2.4 GHz and 6 x 2.0 GHz. It has a new GPU that results in a 50% performance increase when compared to the device’s predecessor. According to Samsung, the APU of the Galaxy A33 is 400% better than what is obtainable in the A32. This means that the AI performance of this device is significantly better.
When it comes to storage, there is just one configuration for this device, the 6 GB + 128 GB. The good news is that you can increase your memory space using an SD card. This device allows you to use a microSD card with as much as 1 TB of storage space. In rounding up, the device features the latest Samsung software, the One UI 4.1.