Samsung keeps introducing us to newer devices from its Galaxy A series product line. It released the Galaxy A53 in March 2022. This device is regarded by many phone experts as an all-round device. How much does this device cost in Nigeria today? Is the Samsung Galaxy A53 worth buying? What are the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy A53? Continue reading this post to find out the answers to these questions.
Price of Samsung Galaxy A53 in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy A53 is a solid upgrade when compared to its predecessor, the A52. This 5G-enabled device is quite the purchase when you compare its price and specifications with those of other devices in the same category. Of course, we know how challenging it can be to find out the prices of smartphones. This is why we did all the hard work on your behalf. The Samsung Galaxy A53 comes in two variants, and we have provided their prices in the list below:
- Samsung Galaxy A53 8GB+128GB 5G: ₦301,000.00
- Samsung Galaxy A53 6GB+128GB 5G: ₦288,000.00
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 24, 2023.
Samsung Galaxy A53 Specs at a Glance
- Technology: GSM/HSPA/LTE/5G
- Launch: Announced 2022, March 17
- Status: Released 2022, March 24
- Body Dimensions: 159.6 x 74.8 x 8.1 mm (6.28 x 2.94 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
- Display Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 800 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~85.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- PLATFORM OS: Android 12, upgradable to Android 13, One UI 5.1
- Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- MAIN CAMERA: Quad 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm, 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Main Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Selfie Camera Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Radio: No
- USB: Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under the display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer, Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 25W wired
- MISC: Colors Black, White, Blue, Peach
- Models : SM-A536B, SM-A536B/DS, SM-A536U, SM-A536U1, SM-A5360, SM-A536E, SM-A536E/DS, SM-A536V, SM-A536W, SM-A536N, SM-S536DL
- SAR: 0.75 W/kg (head) 1.58 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 0.89 W/kg (head) 1.60 W/kg (body)
- Performance: AnTuTu: 329802 (v8), 379313 (v9)
- GeekBench: 1891 (v5.1)
- GFXBench: 19fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display: Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Camera: Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker: -26.5 LUFS (Good)
- Battery life: Endurance rating113h
Samsung Galaxy A53 Review
The Samsung Galaxy A53 is quite the talk of the town when it comes to the Galaxy A-series devices. One question that comes to mind is, why is this device gaining so much popularity? The easiest way to answer this question is to check the different functions of the device. Check below for a brief review of the Samsung Galaxy A53.
The back of a smartphone is always a big deal. If the brand gets the design wrong, then you may notice fingerprints and dirt staining the back cover easily. The good news is that Samsung did a great job with the back of the Galaxy A53. It has a matte finish that is designed to be fingerprint-resistant. The device comes in the same colors as the A52 as well as two new colors, peach and blue.
When it comes to the size of the A53, it is only a little larger than the A33. It measures 6.2 x 2.9 x 0.3 inches. When you look at the side of the device, you will notice a power button and a volume rocker. The location of these buttons on the right side of the device makes them easily reachable and operatable. Asides from this, their build quality is quite sturdy.
Check the bottom part of the device ad you will locate the SIM card and microSD slot. You should also notice the speaker grill, USB-C port, and microphone. There are no buttons on the left side of the A53 while there is another microphone at the top. When you look closely at the top bezel of the device’s screen, you will notice a thin speaker grill.
The Samsung Galaxy A53 is equipped with the Infinity-O Super AMOLED display. This is what Samsung refers to as the punch-hole-style screen. It has a 2400 x 1080 resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate. You also get a maximum brightness of 800 nits. This device has a screen size of 6.5 inches, the same as what is available in the A52.
With the 120 Hz refresh rate, the device is quite snappy, regardless of what you do on it. It also makes the animations on the screen look buttery smooth. The viewing angles on the device are great as you will enjoy amazing views in both the Natural and Vivid modes. There is an optical fingerprint scanner integrated into the device’s screen.
The Galaxy A53 comes equipped with the Exynos 1280 SoC chipset designed by Samsung. This is different from the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset in the A52. The A53 comes with eight cores including 2 cortex-A78 2.4 GHz performance cores along with 6 cortex-A55 2.0 GHz efficiency cores.
Test results show that this device does an amazing job when it comes to navigating the user interface, watching videos, web browsing, and so on. The device comes with the UI 4.1 interface loaded on the Android 12 OS. This software runs on the device without any issues.