It is no news that Samsung rates among the very best smartphone brands in the world. They broke into the Nigerian smartphone market in the early 2000s and have since then dominated thanks to their product’s quality, remarkable design, durability and style.
One thing is sure, when it is Samsung, it is most likely among the very best. The world knows is; the fans appreciate it; the brand relishes it, and even rivals envy it: Samsung smartphones are the real deal and the introduction of the latest Samsung A7 only confirms they are not taking any step backwards.
Samsung wowed the world with the introduction of Samsung A7 (2018 model) some months ago. Apart from the fact that the smartphone boasts remarkable features and outstanding design, its triple rear camera system made the whole difference. Some called the phone a test run for the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy S10, while some others see it as another marketing masterpiece. Either way, Samsun Galaxy A7 (2018) rates among the best smartphones released this year.
In this post, we will take a look at this smartphone magic. We will consider its core specifications, reviews and how much it goes for in the current market in Nigeria. Here we go!
Price of Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) in Nigeria
Depending on the memory size (4GB/6GB RAM), the Galaxy A7 (2018) can be purchased for between N75,000 and N80,000 in most of the popular phone stores in the country. The variation in prices could be as a result of changes in the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase and other similar factors.
Samsung smartphones are expensive and given the amazing specs of Galaxy A7 (2018), you shouldn’t expect anything less. In fact, as it stands, they are among the top five most expensive Samsung smartphones in the current market. Although the Samsung A-family smartphones are not as popular as the S-family in Nigeria, they boast almost similar features and sometimes, even better.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Specs
- Release date: October 2018
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Screen Size: 6.0-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED; 2.5D Curved Edges & Rounded Corners
- Display: 1080 x 2220 Pixels, 411 ppi
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB
- Internal memory: 64GB; MicroSD, Up to 512GB
- Processor: Octa Core CPU: 2.2GHz Dual Core Cortex-A73 + 1.6GHz Hexa Core Cortex-A53
- Networks: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Camera: Triple Cameras: 24 MP Main Camera (f/1.7) + 8 MP Ultra-wide (f/2.4, 120°) + 5 MP Depth Sensor (f/2.2) with Phase Detection Autofocus and LED Flash; 24MP (Selfie)
- Battery: 3, 300 mAh, non-removable
- Other Specifications: Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor and Accelerometer
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Review
When Samsung released this smartphone towards the last months of 2018, the mobile world was not only caught unaware with the phone’s sleek features and specifications, they likened it to the much anticipated Samsung S10. Galaxy A7 (2018) is the brand’s first smartphone to boast a triple rear camera system.
Given the price the smartphone goes for, it is a reasonable and cheaper alternative to the Galaxy S-family. Do you want to know more about this smartphone? Let us take a deeper look at the features and specifications.
Body and Design
When it comes to smartphone designs, Samsung remains among the leading brand and the A7 (2018), again, shows this. This smartphone design follows the Galaxy A-family trend. Although the design is not the flashiest, it remains among the classiest Samsung smartphone with a remarkable feature. The sides are made of plastic and fit smoothly with the front and back of the smartphone.
Another core difference between this smartphone and other latest high-tech phones is that it does not feature either IP67 or IP68 certification, which means the smartphone is not dust or water resistant. This is a notable downside as most phones these days boast this feature.
If you are a fan of sleek phones that you can easily slide into your pocket without feeling so much weight, then Galaxy A7 (2018) Is a reasonable option to add to your list.
Apart from Samsung notes, Galaxy A7 rates among the top five Samsung smartphones with the largest screen. Interestingly, it boasts a remarkable 6.0-inch display with no notch. This is one of the most scintillating features of the smartphone. With a screen resolution of 2220 by 1080 pixels, you can expect a very sharp, smooth and colourful display. The AMOLED technology provides lovely colour combinations when viewing contents on the smartphone.
If you love watching live matches, movies, and live programs on your smartphone, then you will appreciate Galaxy A7 (2018) even better. Top notch display this is!
This is one feature that is common to most modern-day smartphones. Although most phones feature the fingerprint sensor at the rear or directly in front of the smartphone, like Sony, Samsung had to go in a different direction with Galaxy A7 (2018), placing the fingerprint sensor by the power button right under the volume control button. Classy right?
The smartphone also comes with facial recognition, like most smartphones in launched in recent times. Although this feature isn’t as effective as in Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge, it still gets above average score compared to other smartphones. If the face ID doesn’t work on time, you can always switch to the PIN to unlock the smartphone.
Operating System and Processor
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) comes with Android Oreo 8.0 version. This does not change the fact that the smartphone is truly smart, smooth and efficient, although it is some few miles off latest Galaxy S-family.
The device comes with an Exynos 7885 processor with 8 cores, including six A53 and two additional A73 cores with up to 2.2 GHz. The A7 (2018) boasts the same processor as the Galaxy A8 and A8+. It also comes with Bixby, but in dissimilarity to the popular Galaxy A9, Samsung did not dedicate a button to it. To activate it, you may need to swipe left from the main screen, which can sometimes be inconvenient. Although there are obvious differences when it comes to the speed and smoothness of the device’s interface if you compare it to the latest Galaxy S family, it still rates among the very best smartphones in 2018.
Arguably the most unique feature about this phone. Samsung got the mobile world on its foot with the release of its first triple camera smartphone. The secondary sensor, the ultra-wide 120-degree wide lens with 8 Mega Pixel is scintillating. The main sensor boasts a 24 MP with a f/1.7 aperture and a supplementary lens for the bokeh effect with about 5 Mega Pixel and a f/2.2 aperture. The last sensor, although most people feel it isn’t really needed due to the fact that other Samsung smartphones use the wide-angle sensor to figure out depth for basic portrait images, is sometimes used to enhance optical zoom, serving as an icebreaker and a remarkable feature for the smartphone.
The phone also features a commendable 24 MP front shooter for selfies and a f/2.0 aperture that will only enhance amazing pictures. It also boasts an option of panoramic selfie pictures and AR emojis that only make the entertainment part much better.
This is another remarkable feat for Samsung will be appreciated even in years to come. Generally, the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) camera is lovely and gives you almost everything you need in a camera, although it still does not rate among the best cameras in 2018. If you desire a smartphone with an exceptional camera, Galaxy A7 (2018) is a cheaper and reasonable option to consider.
Samsung has had issues with their smartphone batteries in recent times and prior to the launch of this smartphone, they needed to do better. Galaxy A7 (2018) was released with lots of expectation in terms of battery and the smartphone met it, at least to a large extent. Its 3300 mAh ensures a commendable battery capacity and a reasonable improvement over previous models. This means that when fully charged, you can easily use this smartphone all through the day without needing to charge it. Based on several reports and test, Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) rates a minimum efficiency rate of about 9 hours 30 minutes of constant usage. Quite an impressive one for a smartphone in its category.
The brand did not do so much though in the aspect of charging. There are l-very limited charging options compared to Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. There is no USB type C-charging option available and does not feature wireless option as well. Instead, the Galaxy A7 (2018) features a Micro-USB charger.
If you are looking for a smartphone that is efficient, durable, sleek and easy to handle, then Galaxy A7 should be among the ones on your list. The fact that this smartphone is not as expensive compared to the S-family makes it among the popular smartphones in the market today. Not a bad buy at all.
Check Prices of Other Samsung Phones in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy A20s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+ Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy J6 & J6 Plus Prices in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy M30s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A60 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Nigeria Price List (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy J8 Price in Nigeria (October 2020) + Review
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A70s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A30 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prices in Nigeria (2020) – Duo, Prime 2, 2018
- Samsung Galaxy A50s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Price in Nigeria (October 2020) + Specs & Review
- 10 Cheapest Samsung Phones in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Price in Nigeria (October 2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy A10 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Reviews
- Samsung Galaxy A40 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A80 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Price in Nigeria + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy M10s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy M40 Price in Nigeria (October 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Prices in Nigeria (2020) & Specs
- Samsung Galaxy A30s Price in Nigeria (October 2020)