Samsung is one of the top mobile phone manufacturers in the world. This company introduced five different smartphones into the market in March 2022. One of these phones is the Samsung Galaxy A73. This 5G phone sits at the top of Samsung’s mid-range A series devices. How much does a Samsung Galaxy A73 go for in Nigeria today? What are the specifications of this device? Should you consider buying the Samsung Galaxy A73? We will answer all these questions in the remaining part of this post. Let’s get started.
Price of Samsung Galaxy A73 in Nigeria
If you already own a Samsung Galaxy A-series device, and you need an upgrade, then you can consider the A73. As mentioned earlier, this device is the best of all the A-series devices from Samsung at the moment. From the design to the camera, software to hardware, everything about this device seems to be quite appealing. How much does a Samsung Galaxy A73 cost in Nigeria today? As expected, there are two variants of this device, the 6 GB/128 GB and 8 GB/256 GB variants. They come at different prices, and we have put them together in the list below:
- Samsung Galaxy A73 6 GB + 128 GB 5G: ₦347,000.00
- Samsung Galaxy A73 8 GB + 256 GB: ₦383,000.00
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 24, 2023.
Samsung Galaxy A73 Specifications at a Glance
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Launch: Announced 2022, March 17
- Status: Available. Released 2022, April 22
- Body Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm (6.44 x 3.00 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 181 g (6.38 oz)
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display Protection: IP67 dust/water-resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
- Display Type: Super AMOLED Plus, 120Hz, 800 nits (HBM)
- Display Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~87.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- PLATFORM: OS Android 12, upgradable to Android 13, One UI 5.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.2 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- MAIN CAMERA: Quad 108 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Main Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Main Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera Single: 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Selfie Camera Features: HDR
- Selfie Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Radio: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under the display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 25W wired
- Colors: Gray, Mint, White
- Models : SM-A736B, SM-A736B/DS
- SAR: 1.14 W/kg (head)
- SAR EU: 1.28 W/kg (head), 1.42 W/kg (body)
Samsung Galaxy A73 Review
The Samsung Galaxy A series is easily one of the most popular product lines when it comes to mid-range smartphones. There are several devices in this line-up and the A73 is just as popular as any of them. What makes this device so popular? This section will show you our review of the Samsung Galaxy A73.
Design and Display
One look at the Samsung Galaxy A73 and you may confuse it for the A53. The main difference between both devices is that the A73 is slightly bigger. It has a screen that measures 6.7 inches. The Super AMOLED screen comes with a 1080 x 2400 pixel resolution as well as a 120 Hz refresh rate.
At the top center of the device’s screen, you will see a single punch hole that houses the selfie camera. This is what Samsung refers to as the Infinity-O display. The Samsung Galaxy A73 has a body that seems to be designed from plastic. It has a frame that simulates the glossy shine of metal and a back with a soft matte finish. This device comes in three colors, dark gray, white, and minty green.
Samsung reaffirmed that it is dedicated to providing users with 4 years of key Android updates when it released the Galaxy A73. The brand also confirmed that it will provide 5 years of security updates. This is a major game-changer for individuals that make use of mid-range Android devices from Samsung.
The Samsung Galaxy A73 comes with the Android 12 OS. What this means for users of this device is that in four years, the device’s OS would have been upgraded to Android 16. Interestingly, the device would not still be at the end of its life at that time.
Samsung has adorned the OS with its beautiful One-UI interface that presents users with a fleshed-out experience. This means that you will have a great alternative in case you don’t like what Google did with the default interface on Android 12.
Samsung hardly ever gets it wrong when it comes to the cameras on its devices, even mid-range smartphones. The camera setup in the Samsung Galaxy A73 is quite similar to what you have in the A53. However, there is a slight bump in the A73’s main snapper.
The Samsung Galaxy A73’s camera setup features a main camera that is loaded with 108 MP. It also has an aperture of F1.8. The ultra-wide camera comes with 12 MP and an aperture of F2.2. Finally, the macro camera features 5 MP and the depth camera comes with 5 MP for amazing portrait effects.
In front, the Samsung Galaxy A73 features a selfie camera that is packed with 32 MP. This is the same high resolution that is obtainable in the selfie cameras of the A72 and A52 series. While the cameras in the Samsung Galaxy A73 fall slightly short of what is obtainable in Galaxy S cameras, they are still impressive as they give you amazing control over colors, details, and dynamics.