When Samsung speaks, everyone listens. There is one reason why Samsung rates among the very best smartphone brands in the universe. Since they broke into the mobile market in Nigeria in the early 2000s, they have dominated in almost every aspect you can think of.
Samsung has established a fact in the mobile market – with Samsung, you cannot be wrong. The mobile world knows is; smartphone lovers appreciate it; the brand itself relishes it; and even rivals envy it and the introduction of another epic masterpiece in the Samsung Galaxy J8 confirms it.
The new Samsung Galaxy J8 is one of the most rated Samsung J series at the moment. Apart from its sleek design and outstanding body, the smartphone boasts remarkable features and specs that allows smooth performance.
You can comfortably compare this phone with some of Samsung’s most rated phones without so much debate. If you are a fan of amazing smartphones that are easy to use, then be sure to fall in love with this masterpiece. When you consider the camera and battery capacity, you can easily rate the Galaxy J8 among the best smartphones launched so far in 2019.
Are you excited about this smartphone yet? Great. Don’t stop reading. Here, we will take a look at core specs and features this smartphone boasts. We will also consider how much it goes for in the current market in Nigeria. Let’s get on with this.
Samsung Galaxy J8 Price in Nigeria
Samsung products are generally expensive. From their electronic gadgets down to their smartphones, Samsung has distinguished themselves from other products and it tells in their prices. Rightly so, you wouldn’t expect anything less from a brand that rates among the very best in the market. In fact, as it stands, they are among the top five most expensive smartphone brands in the current market. Although Samsung J-series smartphones are not as popular as the S-family in Nigeria, they boast almost similar features.
Depending on the variant you are purchasing, the Samsung Galaxy J8 costs between N92,000 to N96,000 in most of the popular phone stores in the country. The variation in prices could be as a result of change in currency exchange rate at the time of purchase and other similar factors. Also, period of purchase could affect the amount the smartphone goes for. For instance, you can expect the smartphone to be more expensive during festive periods and towards the end of the year.
Samsung Galaxy J8 Specs at a Glance
- Display: 6.0-inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.7 x 8.2 mm (6.27 x 2.98 x 0.32 in)
- Processor Type: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 (Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie))
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 64GB, 32 GB
- Back Camera: Dual: 16 MP, f/1.7, AF and 5 MP, f/1.9, depth sensor; LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/1.9Video recording at 1080p@30fps
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3, 500 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy J8 Review
When it comes to amazing design, remarkable performance and outstanding camera, then it is difficult to look beyond Samsung in recent times. Although some still argue that Samsung Galaxy J8 does not rate among the likes of Apple and Samsung S Series, it at least compares to these smartphone magic in various aspects.
Samsung Galaxy J8 is one of those smartphones you fall in love with at the very first glance. Apart from the fact that the design is highly catchy, its sleek design makes it one of the loveliest smartphone around today…and of course, this tells in the amount the smartphone goes for.
Let us take a deeper look at this smartphone, considering the features, specifications and why it is regarded as one of the best phones launched by Samsung.
Samsung have a trademark design their smartphones follow. Unlike most other Samsung phones though, the Galaxy J8 poses a rather unique design. This smartphone design follows the Galaxy J-series trend. Although the design is not the flashiest, it remains among the classiest Samsung smartphone with astonishing feature. The navigation keys are situated on screen thanks to the reduced bezels approach. At the rear of the phone, the cameras flash and fingerprint sensor are positioned just like they are on the Samsung Galaxy S9.
If you are a fan of sleek and smart phones that you can easily hold in your hand or slide into your pocket without feeling so much weight, then Galaxy J8 is one option you should consider. Overall, the smartphone weighs 177 grams and features a plastic body. It is also available in 4 colours – Black, blue, purple and Gold. Samsung should be given some credit as regards the total design.
Now we move on to the display. Interestingly, Galaxy J8 boasts a remarkable 6.0 inch display with no notch. This is one of the most sparkling features of the device. With a screen resolution of 720 by 1480 pixels, you can anticipate a very sharp and colourful display. AMOLED technology provides lovely color combinations when viewing contents on the smartphone. While some complain about the display having just the HD+, fans can gain consolation from the Super AMOLED screen and a pixel density of 274 PPI.
Samsung has a special class when it comes to camera quality. The brand again displays their quality with the dual camera this phone boasts. The main sensor boast a 216 MP with an f/1.7 aperture and a supplementary lens with about 5 Mega Pixel and an f/1.9 aperture.
The phone also feature a commendable 16 MP front shooter for selfies and an f/1.9 aperture that will only enhance amazing pictures. It also boast an option of panoramic selfie pictures and AR emojies that only make the entertainment part much better.
This is perhaps one side Samsung critics have always held on to. Generally, Samsung have had concerns with their smartphone batteries in recent times and prior to the launch of their latest smartphones, they needed to do better. Galaxy J8 was released with lots of expectation in terms of battery and thankfully, the smartphone did not disappoint, at least to some extent. Its 3, 500 mAh is a reasonable improvement compared to some other Samsung devices. This means that when fully charged, you can easily use this smartphone for a whole day without needing to charge it. Based on several reports and test, Samsung Galaxy J8 rates a minimum efficiency rate of about 10 hours 30 minutes of constant usage.
Samsung Galaxy J8 receives a little thump from the 3, 000mAh of the Samsung Galaxy S Light series. It has a 3, 500mAh which doesn’t necessarily guarantee extra lasting usage time but it is an increase in capacity, at least.
The Samsung Galaxy J8 comes with Android Oreo 8.0 version. This does not change the fact that the phone is truly smart, suave and efficient; you still can’t compare this with the Samsung S-Series. The Samsung Galaxy J8 boasts a more modest Qualcomm chipset. It features eight cores and the Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 operates at 1.8GHz which is not so bad. In addition, an Adreno 506 GPU manages the graphics.
Considering the internal memory capacity, the Galaxy J8 boasts a lovely 4GB RAM and an impressive 64 GB internal storage. This is even higher than the higher luxury models.
Samsung has shown over the years that they are one of the very best brands and have answered almost every question asked of them. The Galaxy J8 has further proven this point. The smartphone is one of the very amazing smartphones you can buy at relatively cheaper prices compared to other Samsung series.
If you are considering a smartphone that is effective, long-lasting, lustrous, easy to handle and relatively affordable, then Galaxy J8 should be among the top options on your list. While it is still some way off the S-series, it is largely one of the best in its category. Kudos to Samsung.
Check Prices of Other Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A80 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A40 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Price in Nigeria (August 2020) + Specs & Review
- 10 Cheapest Samsung Phones in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy J8 Price in Nigeria (August 2020) + Review
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy J6 & J6 Plus Prices in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Prices in Nigeria (2020) & Specs
- Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A10 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A20s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A50s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Reviews
- Samsung Nigeria Price List (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy M30s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A70s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+ Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Samsung Galaxy M10s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Price in Nigeria (2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy A60 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Price in Nigeria + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Price in Nigeria (August 2020) + Specs & Review
- Samsung Galaxy M40 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prices in Nigeria (2020) – Duo, Prime 2, 2018
- Samsung Galaxy A30 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 Price in Nigeria (August 2020)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Samsung Galaxy A30s Price in Nigeria (August 2020)