Over the last few years, we have the price of PMS and diesel increasing at an alarming rate. Both products are the major fuels used in powering regular generators in the country. Also, the power supply situation seems to be declining with most parts of the country getting less than 10 hours of power daily.
One solution to these problems is the use of solar generators. Even though they are just hitting the Nigerian market, they are gaining popularity really fast. In this post, we will take a look at the prices of some of the popular solar generators on the Nigerian market. Grab a seat and join us on this interesting journey.
Prices of Solar Generators in Nigeria
Despite not being so popular on the market yet, we already have several solar generator brands thriving. Before stepping out to purchase one, it is important to have an idea of their prices. This makes it easy for you to plan for your purchase. Let’s take a look at the prices of the different brands of solar generators on the market.
BOSCON Solar Power Generator With Inbuilt Lithium Battery – Pure Sine And Solar panel – 400Watts – From N230,000
- 1 solar panel
- 1 AC charger and adapter
- 1 solar generator
- 1 product manual
- Inverter capacity – 400 watts
- Output voltage – 230v AC, 12V DC, 5V
- Battery capacity – 100AH
- Charging current – 8a – 15a
BOSCON 1220W – 20W DC Solar Generator With FM Radio – From N85,000
- 1 Solar panel 20Wp with 5M cable
- 1 Metal power box (Built-in 12AH lead-acid battery and control circuit)
- 2 USB cables with adapters for mobile phone
- 2 3 Watts and 5 Watts Super bright LED bulbs
- 4 4-Meter cable with Bulb Holder, ON/OFF Switch
- FM Radio and MP3 Player
- Big current output for DC TV and Fan
- Charging time – 12 to 14 hours
- Lighting time – 6 hours (4 LED bulbs)
- 6 DC 5.5*2.1MM DC12V for LED lights
- 2 DC USB 5V/1A for charging mobile phones
- 1 DC output for DC TV
- 1 DC output for DC Fan
- 1 DC output for external Power Inverter
Qasa Solar QPG-1000 Solar Power Generator plus Battery 200ah 30v AC, 12V DC – From N460,000
- Pure sine wave
- Inverter + battery + UPS + AVR (plug & play)
- Can carry 200l deep freezer for 16hrs qpg-1000
- Solar power generator QPG-1000
- Inverter capacity: 600 watts
- Battery capacity: 200ah
- Output voltage: 230v AC, 12v DC, 5v DC
- AC charging current: 8a – 15a
- Recommended solar panel: 200 watts/18v*2
- Working time: Load 100 watts for 19 hours, 200 watts for 9.6 hours, 300 watts for 6.4 hours.
Qasa Solar Power Generator QPS–1000 And QSP–200W18V Battery –From N375,000
- Inverter Capacity: 600w battery
- Capacity: 200ah
- Output voltage: 230v AC, 12v DC, 5v DC/AC
- Charging current: 8a – 15a
- Recommended solar panel: 200w/18v*2
- Working time: load 100 watts for 19 hours, 200 watts for 9.6 hours with 2 panels
- SKU: qa791gp0x6d18nafamz
- Colour: yellow
- Main material: metal
- Model: QPS-1000 and QSP-200w18v
- Product line: Jeto
- Weight (kg): 37
UAPOW 1000 watts Portable Solar Power Generator – From N500,000
- 270000mAH battery capacity.
- Pure sine wave power station energy storage
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Outdoor UPS.
- Three-way charging system.
Qasa Solar Power Generator QPG-500 – From N264,000
- Pure sine wave
- Inverter+Battery+UPS+AVR…all in one, plug & play
- Can carry 100L fridge for more than 6hrs
- Input voltage: DC 12V, AC 180V-240V
- Output voltage: AC 230V, DC 12V, USB 5V
- Inverter Capacity: 300W
- Battery capacity: 70Ah
- Solar panel: 100W/18V
- Working time: Load 100 Watts for 7 hours, Load 200 Watts for 3.4 hours, Load 300 Watts for 1.7 hours.
SMS Solar Generator – From N85,000
- LED Lamp: 12V-3W x 3pc & 12v-5w x 3pc
- Cable: 4 meters cable with bulb holder, On/Off Switch, 1 x 3m extension wire for 2 more bulbs
- Radio Play: (MP3 and Radio/Speaker)
- Cigar lighter: 1 port
- Mobile Charging: Available
- All-in-One Mobile Charging Cable: Available
- DC Charging time: 9 Hours
- DC Charger: Available
Note that these prices were gotten from a survey of both online and offline stores. It is possible that they may vary slightly depending on certain factors. Some of these factors include location, vendor, and added accessories.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 3, 2023.
What to look for when buying a solar generator
Now that we are acquainted with the prices of some of the popular solar generators in Nigeria, there’s one more thing. What should you look for when purchasing a solar generator? There are certain factors that you need to watch out for, and we have discussed them below.
Battery storage capacity
This is probably the most important factor to consider as it determines how long the generator will last on a single charge. Ensure that the battery storage capacity of your solar generator is properly stated. In some cases, manufacturers intentionally omit this. If you notice this, don’t purchase the solar generator.
Solar PV Input
This factor is what powers your solar generator. With this in place, you have continuous charging during the day while still using the generator. It also ensures that recharging times after nightfall is very low. Some solar generators don’t come with solar panels. You should avoid such. Also, avoid solar panels with long recharge times.
Other factors to watch out for include:
- Balanced system design.
- Component quality.
- Inverter rating.