Spaghetti is among the staple foods in Nigeria and many other parts of the world. This long, thin, cylindrical pasta is one of the most popular in the pasta family. It is rich in carbohydrates and comes with several other nutrients making it healthy for human consumption.
The Nigerian market is filled with several brands of spaghetti. This post will discuss the prices of different brands of spaghetti by carton. It will also show you the nutritional information of a serving of spaghetti and some health benefits of eating spaghetti.
Spaghetti Carton Prices in Nigeria
Spaghetti is a versatile pasta that you can prepare in several ways. One of the main benefits of spaghetti is that you can cook it within minutes and it is quite affordable. These benefits make it a common meal among Nigerians, especially young people.
Buying food items in bulk is always cheaper in the long run. This is why we decided to show you the prices of different brands of spaghetti by the carton. You can compare the prices of the different brands to decide on which one you prefer. Check the different brands of spaghetti and their prices by carton below:
- Auntie B SPAGHETTI 500g (20 pcs): ₦11,400 – ₦12,950
- Bonita Slim SPAGHETTI 500G – X 10 (Half Carton): ₦5,280
- Bonita Slim SPAGHETTI 500G – X 20 (Carton): ₦12,000 – ₦17,000
- Crown Spaghetti Slim 500g (A Carton Of 20 Packs): ₦7,200 – ₦9,000
- Dangote Spaghetti -500g X 20 (1 Carton): ₦8,950 – ₦10,950
- Everyday ESSENTIALS – SPAGHETTI x5 pcs (quarter carton): ₦2,400- ₦2,950
- Golden Penny Pasta Spaghetti – 500g X 20 pcs (carton): ₦15,000 – ₦17,950
- Golden Penny Spaghetti – 500g (Pack Of 10) Half Carton: ₦7,000 – ₦8,000
- Golden Penny Spaghetti – 500g (Pack Of 20) 1 Carton: ₦11,000 – ₦15,000
- Golden Penny Spaghetti X 5 (Quarter Carton): ₦4,000 – ₦4,950
- Honeywell Spaghetti 500G – 1 Carton (X 20): ₦20,000 – ₦22,950
- Power Pasta Spaghetti – Regular (475g X 10) Half Carton: ₦4,400 – ₦5,400
- Power Pasta Spaghetti – Regular (475g X 20) Carton: ₦8,180 – ₦9,550
- Power Pasta Spaghetti – SLIM (475g X 10) Half Carton: ₦4,400 – ₦5,570
- Power Pasta Spaghetti – SLIM (475g X 20) Carton: ₦8,200 – ₦9,550
- Simply 500g Spaghetti 1 Carton – 24: ₦20,000 – ₦21,950
PRICES LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 22, 2022.
Kindly note that these products fluctuate in price frequently. These fluctuations occur because of factors like cost of production, company and government policies, haulage costs, cost of raw materials, and other economic factors. You are also likely to experience slight price variations depending on your location and the vendor you patronize.
Where to Buy Spaghetti in Nigeria
Spaghetti is a very common foodstuff in Nigeria. You can purchase this product in person from several locations including:
- Convenience stores.
- Departmental stores.
- Market stalls.
Alternatively, you can purchase your cartons of spaghetti online through any of these online marketplaces operational in Nigeria. Kindly note that such purchases may incur extra costs on delivery depending on your location. Some of the online marketplaces to place your order include:
Nutritional Information and Health Benefits of Spaghetti
Spaghetti is very rich in carbohydrates and fibre. It also contains a healthy amount of minerals and vitamins. While this product contains some phosphorus, calcium, and proteins, it is void of saturated sodium or fat. These facts mean that spaghetti is pretty healthy for consumption. Below is a list showing the nutritional information of 100 grams of spaghetti.
- Energy: 339 kcal
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Total lipid (fat): 2.68 g
- Carbohydrate: 71.4 g
- Fibre: 8.9g
- Sugar: 3.57g
- Calcium: 35 mg
- Iron: 4.82 mg
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Vitamin C: 0 mg
- Fatty acids, total saturated: 0 mg
- Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated: 1.79 g
- Phosphorus: 446 mg
- Magnesium: 143 mg
Here are a few health benefits of eating spaghetti:
- It contains a healthy amount of energy-boosting carbohydrates.
- Spaghetti is rich in dietary fibre.
- It supports heart health.
- Spaghetti contains a healthy amount of micronutrients and proteins.
If you have ever had any doubts about how healthy spaghetti is for your body, the facts above should quell such doubts. However, you should note that you shouldn’t consume this food excessively as there may be side effects.