Tomato paste is a very important item in kitchens. Asides from making your cooking process faster, it also helps you add flavour to your cooking. The Nigerian market is filled with a wide array of tomato paste brands such as Gino, Tasty Tom, De Rica, Erisco, and Sarah to mention a few.
Each of these brands presents us with a wide array of product offerings. How much does a carton of tomato paste cost in Nigeria? Where can you buy tomato paste cartons in Nigeria? Are there any health benefits of using tomato paste to cook your food? Continue reading to find out the answers to these questions.
Tomato Paste Carton Prices in Nigeria
You may need to purchase tomato paste in cartons if you have a large family, prefer to buy in bulk, run a retail business, or have a food business. There are several reasons why you should check the prices of these items before purchasing. It allows you to compare prices across brands, so you can choose which one suits your pocket the most. Also, it helps you to plan your budget more efficiently.
We understand how difficult it can be to survey the market for these prices, so we have done it on your behalf. Check the list below to find out the different tomato paste products and their current prices by the carton on the market:
- Gino Peppe & Onion Tomato Paste – 1 Carton 70g x 50 Sachets: From ₦5,500
- Tasty Tom Tomato Paste Sachets 70g X 20: From ₦2,400
- Gino Magic Peppe & Onions Tomato Paste 70g X 25 Sachets (Half carton): From ₦2,750
- Vitali Tomato Paste – 70g – 50 Pieces (1 carton): From ₦6,700
- De Rica Double Concentrated Tomato Paste 70g X 50 pieces (1 carton): From ₦6,000
- Gino Canned Tomatoes 400g – 3pcs: From ₦2,890
- T&G Erisco Tomato Paste – 210g – 48 pieces: From ₦12,000
- T&G Erisco Tomato Paste – Tin – 400g x 24 pieces: From ₦9,850
- Sarah Tin Tomato Paste – 400g X 48 Pieces:From ₦28,500
- Sarah Tin Tomato Paste – 2200g X 6 Pieces: From ₦16,500
- Sonia Tin Tomato Paste 400g X 10 Pieces: From ₦11,900
- Sonia Tomato Mix – 210g X 1 Carton – 48 pieces: From ₦19,200
- Gino Tin Tomato Paste 210g X 24 pieces: From ₦13,200
- G & K Gino Tinned Tomato 400g x 10 pieces: From ₦6,700
- Ric-Giko Tomato Sachet – 70g x 50 pieces: From ₦3,075
- De Rica Tomato Paste Sachet – 70g x 25 Pieces: From ₦2,625
- Gino Sachet Tomato Paste 65g x 50 sachets – 1 Carton: From ₦5,250
- Hunts Tomato Sauce 100% Natural 425g X 12 pieces: From ₦6,940
- Gino Party Jollof Tomato Seasoning Mix X 20 Sachets: From ₦3,000
- Tasty tom Jollof Mix Paste – 10 pieces: From ₦1,200
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MAY 13, 2023.
Kindly note that you may experience slight price variations depending on where you purchase these products. Meanwhile, you will notice that these prices fluctuate a lot. This fluctuation is due to several factors and we will continue to look out for the latest prices, so we can update this post accordingly.
Where to Buy Tomato Paste Carton
Now that we have an idea of the prices of tomato paste by carton, we can answer another important question. Where can you buy tomato paste in cartons in Nigeria? The first option is to buy in person from any of these locations:
- Local markets.
- Roadside stores.
- Distributors (for wholesalers).
- Wholesalers (for retailers).
On the other hand, you can choose to purchase your tomato paste online from any of these vendors:
- 247 Food Market
Kindly note that delivery fees apply and they are calculated based on the distance between your location and that of the vendor.
Health Benefits of Eating Tomato Paste
Tomato paste, in simple terms, is a concentrated tomato sauce. When manufactured in factories, brands include salt and stabilizers like citric acid. Many of us turn to tomato paste when we need to cook and we don’t have fresh tomatoes on hand. The question is, are there any health benefits of consuming tomato paste? Yes, here are a few:
- Low in calories.
- They present you with a wide range of minerals and vitamins.
- Scarcely contain any extra ingredients.
Below is a table containing the nutritional information of your average tomato paste (2 tablespoons):
|Name||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Calories||26 kcal||1.3% DV|
|Carbohydrate||6.05 g||2.2% DV|
|Fiber||1.31 g||4.7% DV|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.2% DV|
|Saturated||0.03 g||0.2% DV|
|Protein||1.38 g||2.8% DV|