Toyota is one of the names that stand out in this part of the world when you talk about car manufacturers. This company has an array of sedan and SUV models including the Highlander.
While the Highlander has been on the market since 2001, the Toyota Highlander 2014 is the first of the third generation of this vehicle. This car is perfect for large families because of its refined cabin and comfortable riding. It can seat about 8 passengers comfortably.
Other reasons why this car ranks highly among SUVs in the same class include high-end interior and great fuel economy. More than anything else, Toyota completely redesigned the 2014 Highlander.
How much does the Toyota Highlander 2014 cost in Nigeria? This post will answer this question and several others. Grab a seat and let’s dive into the crux of this post.
- Toyota Highlander 2014 Price in Nigeria
- Things to Check Before Purchasing a Toyota Highlander 2014
- Toyota Highlander 2014 Comfort and Convenience Specifications
Toyota Highlander 2014 Price in Nigeria
The Toyota Highlander 2014 falls into the midsize SUV class. This vehicle was designed with high-quality interior materials. It also presents drivers with a smooth ride as well as comfort while driving. The fuel economy of this vehicle ranks among the best in its class.
Despite being a great vehicle, the Toyota Highlander 2014 has a few challenges. Its reliability ratings are average and the cargo space is quite small. Regardless, this vehicle is worth having, if you can go past its few cons.
How much does it cost to own a Toyota Highlander 2014 in Nigeria? After surveying the market, we have come up with two price categories. Check them out below:
Toyota Highlander 2014 Price in Nigeria – Tokunbo
A tokunbo vehicle is worth the price because it comes with minimal faults and barely any underlying issues. However, these vehicles are costlier than their Nigerian-used counterparts. You can purchase a tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2014 from a trusted car dealer. Also, you can opt for online marketplaces like Jiji, Carmart, or Cars45. That being said, here’s how much a tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2014 costs in Nigeria:
- Toyota Highlander 2014 (tokunbo): N10.3 million – N15.5 million
Toyota Highlander 2014 Price in Nigeria – Nigerian-used
Nigerian-used vehicles are cheaper than tokunbo vehicles. The challenge is that they are not as qualitative as foreign-used cars because of the bad roads and poor maintenance culture in this part of the world. Before purchasing a Nigerian-used Toyota Highlander 2014, ensure that you run an inspection procedure. Also, inquire from the seller about the reason for the sale. You can purchase a Nigerian-used Toyota Highlander 2014 via online marketplaces, a trusted car dealer, or directly from the owner. Check below to find out the price of a Nigerian-used Toyota Highlander 2014:
- Toyota Highlander 2014 (Nigerian-used): N8.9 million – N13 million
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MAY 6, 2022.
Things to Check Before Purchasing a Toyota Highlander 2014
The Toyota Highlander 2014 is the first of the third generation of this SUV. It presents improve styling, power, mileage, and safety features. You also get to enjoy a wider and longer body that translates to more interior space and better ride quality. While all of these features pull you toward the vehicle, there are a few things you should check before purchasing. This section will highlight some of them:
Check for reliability
Most drivers consider the Toyota badge placed on the Highlander as a symbol of reliability. While the badge is Toyota’s seal on the vehicle, it doesn’t necessarily signify reliability. Of course, the Toyota Highlander 2014 has high-reliability ratings but a used car has passed through some experiences outside the factory. As such, you need to carry out a pre-purchase inspection procedure to ascertain the reliability of the vehicle. We suggest that you employ the services of a trustworthy mechanic to carry out this procedure. Also, take time out to study the history of the vehicle before purchase. Ask questions so that you don’t end up making a poor choice that will haunt you for as long as you own the vehicle.
Test drive the vehicle
One of the mistakes drivers make before purchasing a used vehicle is failing to carry out a test drive. The Toyota Highlander 2014 was designed to be a perfect crossover vehicle. This means it should operate as a car and an SUV depending on the prevalent need.
Don’t just carry out your test drive on a smooth road. Find the roughest terrain around you and test the SUV on this terrain before purchase. This test drive will expose problematic noises that are usually hidden on smooth roads. It will also show you how well the car drives on both types of terrain. Listen for squeaks, creaks, clunking sounds beneath the car, and other unwanted sounds. Test the brakes and transmission as well.
Ask your mechanic if these challenges can be fixed at a minimal cost. If the answer isn’t affirmative, you might need to move on to another vehicle.
Though we mentioned transmission in the previous point, it is so important that it is a whole point on its own. A few owners of the Toyota Highlander 2014 have complained about the vehicle’s transmission. Some of them have had to change the transmission completely.
While this issue is quite rare with the Toyota Highlander 2014, you should check the vehicle’s transmission before purchase. Ensure that it is seamless and smooth and doesn’t present you with a cause for alarm. If you notice any aberration, you should seek professional advice before continuing with the purchase.
Toyota Highlander 2014 Comfort and Convenience Specifications
- AM/FM stereo radio: AM FM stereo radio
- Air Conditioning: 3-zone automatic climate control
- Antenna: Antenna pole
- Monitor: 8″ display
- Volume: Auto Sound Levelizer
- Auxiliary input jack: Yes
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology: Bluetooth Capability
- Cargo Organizer: Underfloor cargo storage
- Courtesy Dome Light: Door courtesy lamps
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Driver Vanity Mirror: Illuminated driver vanity mirror
- Front Wipers: Variable intermittent front wipers
- Garage Door Opener: Garage door opener
- Heated Washer Nozzle: Windshield wiper defroster
- Illuminated Entry: Yes
- Intelligent Key System: Smart Key System
- Interior Air Filter: Cabin air filter
- Navigation System: Yes
- Number of Speakers: 6 speakers
- Passenger Vanity Mirror: Illuminated passenger vanity mirror
- Power Door Locks: Yes
- Power Outlet: 2 12-volt power outlets
- Power Rear Quarter Windows: Flip-Up Rear Hatch Glass
- Power Windows: Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch up/down feature
- Reading Light: Reading lamps
- Rear Heating: Rear seat heater ducts
- Rear Sunscreen: Yes
- Rear View Mirror: Auto-dimming day/night rearview mirror
- Rear Wipers: Rear window washer/wiper
- Remote Audio Controls: Wheel-mounted audio controls
- Remote Keyless Entry: Keyless Entry
- Single CD: CD/MP3/WMA player
- SiriusXM satellite radio: Yes
- Steering Wheel Adjustment: Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Text message function: SMS-to-Speech and Email-to-Speech
- Trunk Light: Cargo light
- Trunk/Hatch Operation: Remote liftgate release
- Trunk Cargo. Cargo Area Tie-Down Hooks: Cargo Area Tie-Down Rings
- Trunk Cargo. Power Trunk Tailgate: Power Rear Door with Jam Protection
- USB iPod Connector: USB and iPod connector
- Voice Recognition System: Yes