Toyota is among the most popular vehicle brands in the world. This company has presented us with several vehicle product lines such as the Corolla, Camry, Highlander, and the RAV4.
The Toyota RAV4 has been on the market since 1996 and has gained popularity steadily over the years. This vehicle is regarded as one of the top crossover SUVs in the world for several reasons. Some of these reasons include its versatility, high-performing engine, and comfort to mention a few.
The Toyota RAV4 2012 falls into the top cadre of its class because of its handling, solid reliability rating, refined powertrain, and roomy interior. This model also presents a better infotainment system than what is obtainable in its predecessors. How much does it cost to own a Toyota RAV4 2012 in Nigeria? Continue reading this post to find out.
Toyota RAV4 2012 Price in Nigeria
There are several reasons why experts regard the Toyota RAV4 2012 so highly. This vehicle has won several awards including the Best Affordable Compact SUV for 2012. Despite the cabin being made with sub-par materials, experts consider this vehicle to be worth every penny. Its high performance, smooth handling and driving on different terrains, and high reliability rating put it up there among the top SUVs in its class.
When you consider all of these, you begin to wonder how much this vehicle costs. We have surveyed the Nigerian market on your behalf and come up with the cost of the Toyota RAV4 2012 in two categories. Check them out below:
Toyota RAV4 2012 Price in Nigeria – Tokunbo
A tokunbo vehicle is the same as a foreign-used vehicle. The cars in this class are pretty reliable because of how they were handled and maintained by their previous owners. You can purchase a tokunbo Toyota RAV4 2012 online via different vehicle marketplaces like Cars45, Carmart, or Jiji. Alternatively, you can get one through a trusted dealer in your location. That being said, here’s how much it costs to buy a Tokunbo Toyota RAV4 2012:
- Toyota RAV4 2012 (tokunbo): From N8.5 million (depending on the trim)
Toyota RAV4 2012 Price in Nigerian – Nigerian-used
Nigerian-used vehicles are not as costly as their foreign-used counterparts. However, we advise that before you purchase one, you should seek information about its history. Also, carry out a pre-purchase inspection to find out its current condition. A trusted mechanic can help you out with the process. You can purchase a Nigerian-used Toyota RAV4 2012 in the same places as their tokunbo counterparts. Also, you can get one directly from the owner. Check below for the price range of a Nigerian-used Toyota RAV4 2012.
- Toyota RAV4 2012 (Nigerian-used): From N4.85 million (depending on the trim)
PRICES LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 5, 2023.
Toyota RAV4 2012 Performance Review
One of the most important factors that you should consider when buying a vehicle is its performance. What is the performance of the Toyota RAV4 2012 like?
The Toyota RAV4 2012 comes with two engine options. They include:
- A 2.5-litre 4-cylinder engine with 4-speed automatic transmission and 179 horsepower.
- A 3.5-liter V6 engine with 5-speed automatic transmission and 269 horsepower.
Both setups have front-wheel-drive as the standard even though they are also available in all-wheel-drive. The two-engine setups provide sufficient power to scoot the car around. They supply sufficient power to enjoy smooth driving on the highway. The V6 engine, as would be expected, provides stronger acceleration especially when there are more passengers than its 4-cylinder counterpart.
Toyota complements the engines of this vehicle with exciting driving dynamics. Because of this, you don’t have anything to worry about when taking turns. The power steering is precise while the brakes are pretty sharp with good stopping power. This vehicle is very easy to park because of the tight turning radius. Both the Limited and Base trims shrug off dips and bumps on the road easily. The Sport trim, on the other hand, comes with stiffer shock absorbers and springs for a harsher ride.
That being said, let’s look at some of the performance specifications of the Toyota RAV4 2012 below:
Engine & Performance
- Locking Rear Differential
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4 Cylinder Engine
- Engine Type: Gas I4
- Displacement: 2.5L/152
- Horsepower (Net @ RPM): 179 @ 6000
- Torque (Net @ RPM): 172 @ 4000
- Transmission: Automatic w/OD
- Turning diameter: 34.8
- Gasoline Fuel
- EPA Fuel Economy Est – City (MPG): 22
- EPA Fuel Economy Est – Hwy (MPG): 28
- Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx (gal.): 15.9
- Suspension Type – Front: MacPherson strut
- Suspension Type – Rear: Double-wishbone
- Suspension Type – Rear (Cont.): Coil spring
- Automatic: 4-Speed Automatic, 5-Speed Automatic
- Drivetrain Front Wheel Drive
- Trans Type 4
- Third Gear Ratio (:1) 1.41
- Fourth Gear Ratio (:1) 1.02
- First Gear Ratio (:1) 3.94
- Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1) 2.92
- Trans Description Cont. Again N/A
- Transfer Case Gear Ratio (:1), High N/A
- Second Gear Ratio (:1) 2.20
- Reverse Ratio (:1) 3.15
- Trans Description Cont. Automatic w/OD
- Transfer Case Gear Ratio (:1), Low N/A
- Driver Air Bag
- Passenger Air Bag
- Front Head Air Bag
- Rear Head Air Bag
- Front Side Air Bag
- 4-Wheel ABS
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Disc – Rear (Yes or ) Yes
- Front Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness 10.8 x -TBD- in
- Drum – Rear (Yes or ) N/A
- Brake Type Pwr
- Brake ABS System (Second Line) N/A
- Disc – Front (Yes or ) Yes
- Rear Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness 11.2 x -TBD- in
- Brake ABS System 4-Wheel
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Daytime Running Lights (Optional)
- Child Safety Locks
- Traction Control
- Rear Wheel Size 16 x 6.5 in
- Rear Wheel Material Steel
- Spare Wheel Size 16 x 6.5 in
- Spare Wheel Material Steel
- Front Wheel Material Steel
- Front Wheel Size 16 x 6.5 in
- Wt Distributing Hitch – Max Tongue Wt. N/A lbs
- Maximum Trailering Capacity N/A lbs
- Dead Weight Hitch – Max Tongue Wt. 150 lbs
- Dead Weight Hitch – Max Trailer Wt. 1500 lbs
- Wt Distributing Hitch – Max Trailer Wt. N/A lbs