Tricycles are one of the most popular means of street transportation in Nigeria. They are one of the most convenient street transportation automobile today. They are flexible, small and can be easily maneuvered in tight corners. Unlike motorcycles, tricycles are majorly used as a means of public street transportation.
Although they might not be the safest means of transportation, especially in highways, tricycles do the job for you. Locally, they are one of those indispensable automobiles as they can easily access places restricted to cars either because of bad roads or other similar conditions. Keke Napep, as it is popularly called, offers flexibility, dynamism and ruggedness. Tricycles offer more space and are more convenient than public motorcycles.
The evolution of tricycles in Nigeria has been outstanding. While it took a while for the general public to fully accept the concept of tricycle on the road, its extreme usefulness, especially in popular cities in the country has made people appreciate it more. They are now widely used in most parts of the country
The market of tricycles has grown of late, with most people seeing it as a stable source of financial income. They are available in different classes and types. With Nigeria offering one of the largest markets or tricycles, you can only expect the production and introduction of more motorized tricycles.
Here, we will take a look at prices of popular brands available in the market.
Brands of Tricycles in Nigeria
Since the evolution of tricycles in Nigeria, various brands have introduced different types, classes and sizes of tricycles. While some of these brands have established their authorities in the market, some others are still fighting it hard to be among the best. Unlike motorcycles, there are only a few popular tricycle brands in Nigeria. Let us take a look at some of the popular tricycle brands available in the country.
- Piaggio: If fuel economy is one factor you consider when buying a tricycle, then you will probably fall in love with Piaggio. Although tricycles are generally fuel efficient, Piaggio still tops the table as one of the tricycles with maximum fuel efficiency. Since they commenced operation in India in 1999, the brand has only grown stronger and better.
- Bajaj: If you are familiar with automobiles, especially motorcycles and tricycles, Bajaj will not be a strange name to you. They are one of the most popular and sought after brands in these spheres. They are a top company that produces only the best and affordable automobiles. One thing is sure, with Bajaj, you can never be wrong.
- Suzuki: Just like Bajaj, Suzuki is a very popular automobile company. They are known for their durable, rugged and highly efficient motorcycles and tricycles. Although their tricycles are not as popular as their motorcycles, they still rule among the best in this sphere.
- Some other popular brands include Vespa, Zongshen, etc.
Prices of Tricycles in Nigeria
Nigeria is one of the largest markets for tricycles in the world. With the demand for tricycles still rising by the day, we take a look at the prices of common brands of various available in the market today.
While some of these brands have branches in Nigeria, some others don’t. These bikes can be purchased directly from the manufacturer or brand distributors across the country.
Prices of Brand New Keke NAPEP in Nigeria
- Bajaj Tricycle: N600, 000 – N850, 000
- Piaggio Tricycle (Diesel Engine): N550, 000 – N700, 000
- Daylong Tricycle: N500, 000 – N600, 000
- TVS Tricycle: N580, 000 – N650, 000
The variation in prices is as a result of some factors which include the model of the tricycle, currency exchange rate as at the time of purchase, place and time of purchase and other similar factors.
Prices of Fairly Used Keke NAPEP in Nigeria
Because of the durability and ruggedness of most tricycles, neat fairly used versions of the models are not such a bad idea. In as much as they still maintain good physical conditions and fuel economy, you can be guaranteed almost similar efficiency as brand new versions though they might not be as sleek or as smooth in operation. Here are the prices of some of the most popular fairly used versions of popular brands.
- Bajaj Tricycle: N200, 000 – N350, 000
- Piaggio Tricycle (Diesel Engine): N250, 000 – N350, 000
- Daylong Tricycle: N180, 000 – N300, 000
- TVS Tricycle: N180, 000 – N350, 000
The prices of fairly used tricycles are hugely dependent on the physical and operational state of the tricycle.
What to Consider when buying a Tricycle
Brand: Whether you like it or not, brand matters. Some brands have built a reputation of manufacturing high quality products while some are still not proven. Although the popularity of a brand doesn’t always guarantee quality, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Budget: Prices of tricycles vary. Some are cheap and some others are relatively expensive. Know how much you are ready to spend and go for a bike within the range. Whether N100,000 or N500,000, you will always get a nice lady’s bike.
Fuel consumption: Just like bikes, tricycles vary heavily in fuel economy. Although most napes score a top grade in this area, some still consume more fuel than others. This is where the engine displacement comes to play. It is essential to consider the fuel economy of the tricycle before you buy. It is for commercial use after all, it wouldn’t make sense to spend most of your earning on fuel.
Availability of Spare Parts: No matter how good a keke NAPEP is, you will need to change a part at some point. It is important to go for tricycles that have their spare parts readily available and affordable so as not to be stranded when needed.
Durability: This is another important factor to consider. Consider whether the tricycle has second hand value. Enquire how often you need to service the tricycle and how easy it is to maintain. These are the factors that will determine the durability and maintenance of the tricycle.
See Prices of Motorcycles in Nigeria
- Qlink Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Bajaj Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Ladies Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Jincheng Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Okada in Nigeria 2019 (New & Used)
- Tricycle Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)