It is no news that the hype surrounding the University of Lagos is worth it. The university has over time displayed in diverse ways it’s all round excellence, particularly maintaining a high academic standard. Apart from the fact that the university has cemented its name as one of the best schools in Nigeria, they also boast of having one of the highest numbers of students in the nation.
Their exploit in training and grooming students in undergraduate level has made them one of the most sorts after school in the country. As expected, the postgraduate college follows suit. The University boasts of one of the best postgraduate schools in West Africa. The postgraduate school offers different programs including academic and professional masters programs, postgraduate diploma and Phd programs. Like most other postgraduate schools in Nigeria, the postgraduate school offers two options: part time and full time.
In this article, we will take a critical look at the school fees for the postgraduate school of University of Lagos. We will categorize these fees according to the faculties to make a clearer and more exclusive view.
University of Lagos Postgraduate School Fees (Current Session)
Note: All Postgraduate students are expected to pay the follow fees:
- Acceptance fees: N61,500
- Prospectus fees: N5,000
- Departmental fees: between N3,000 – N20,000 depending on the department.
- Accomodation fees: N58,000. The accommodation fees is optional.
FACULTY OF ARTS
- PGD Philosophy – N75,000
- M.A Translation In French – N75,000
- M.A English – N75,000
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- M.Sc Accounting – N90,000
- PGD Accounting- N75,000
- M.Sc Banking and Finance (2 Sessions) – N150,000
- Masters in Business Administration (2 Semesters) – N150,000
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive) (2 Sessions) – N1.8 million
- M.Sc Actuarial Science – N75,000
- M.Sc Management (Business Administration) – N75,000
- M.Sc Marketing (Business Administration) 2 Semesters) – N75,000
- M.Sc Operations Research (Business Administration) – N75,000
- M.Sc Production & operations Management (Business Administration) – N75,000
- M.Sc Organizational Behavior (Business Administration) – N75,000
- M.Sc Finance (Finance) (3 Semesters) – N100,000
- M.Sc Industrial and Labor Relations (MILR) (2 Sessions) – N112,500
- M.SC Development Finance – N600,000 per session (2 sessions in all),
- M.SC Risk Management and Insurance – N75,000
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- M.Ed Educational Administration & Planning (Educational Administration) 3 Semesters – N75,000
- PGD Educational Administration &Planning (Educational Administration) 3 Semesters – N60,000
- M.Ed Comparative Education (Educational foundations) 4 Semesters – N60,000
- M.Ed Measurement and Evaluation (Educational foundations) 4 Semesters – N60,000
- M.Ed Educational Psychology (Educational foundations) 4 Semesters- N60,000
- M.Ed Sociology (Educational foundations) 4 Semesters – N60,000
- B.Ed Degree in Early Childhood Education (Educational foundations) 5 Semesters – N50,000
- PGDE – N75,000
- PGD Guidance and counseling – N100,000
- Business Education – N75,500
- M.Ed Measurement and Evaluation – N75,000
- PGD Education Sandwich- N70,000
- M.Ed. Education Sandwich – N70,000
- PGD Enviromental Design – N100,000
- PGD Education – N60,000
- PGD in ICT Policy – N75,000
- Masters in ICT Policy – N80,000
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- M.Sc Process Engineering (MPE) 2 Sessions – N150,000
- M.Sc Chemical Engineering (1 Session) – N75,000
- PGD Chemical Engineering (1 Sessions) – N75,000
- M.Sc Civil Engineering|1 Sessions|- N75,000
- M.Sc Structural Engineering|1 Sessions| – N75,000
- M.Sc Water Resources and Environmental Engineering – N75,000
- M.Sc Highway and Traffic Engineering|1 Sessions| – N75,000
- M.Sc Electrical/Electronic Engineering|1 Sessions| – N75,000
- M.Sc Mechanical Engineering|1 Sessions| – N75,000
- PGD Electrical/Electronic Engineering|1 Sessions| – -N75,000
- Master of Geo-informatics|1 Sessions|N75,000
- M.SC MET & MAT |1 Sessions| – N75,000.00
- PGD MET & MAT Engineering|2 Sessions|N75,000.00
- PGD Geo-informatics|1 Session plus one Semester for Project and fieldwork| – N60,000.00
- M.Sc Geology – N150, 000 (Tuition) And N60,000 (Field Work)
- M.Sc Geophysics – N90,000 (Tuition) And N60,000 (Field Work)
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Masters in Architecture|1 Sessions | – N120,000
- Master of Landscape Architecture|1 Sessions | – N120,000
- M.Sc Project Management|Building| 2 Sessions | – N150,000
- PGD Environmental Design|Estate Management|3 Semesters|N65,000
- M.Sc Urban and Regional Planning|1 Sessions | – N75,000
- Masters of Facility Management – N150,000 Per session
- M.sc Construction Management- |1 Sessions | – N75,000
FACULTY OF LAW
- Masters Degree in Humanitarian and Refugee Studies| 4 Semesters| N90,000
- Masters in International Law and Diplomacy (MILD)| 2 Sessions| – N100,000
- Master of Law (LLM) |2 Sessions| – N150,000 (Part Time)
- Master of Law (LLM)|1 Sessions| – N150,000.00 (Full Time)
- Master Dispute Resolution (4 semesters) – N1.6 million naira
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- M.Sc Mass Communication|2 Sessions| – N75,000
- PGD Mass Communication |3 Semesters| – N100,000
- M.Sc Economics |4 Semesters| – N75,000
- PGD Economics |3 Semesters| – N90,000
- M.Sc Geographic Information Systems|2 Sessions| – N120,000
- PGD Geographic Information Systems |2 Semesters| – N75,000
- M.Sc Transport Management and Planning |3 Semesters| – N120,000
- PGD Transport Management and Planning |2 Semesters| – N120,000
- M.SC Political Science |3 Semesters| – N90,000.00
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) |2 Semesters| – N112,000
- Master of Public and International Affairs (MPIA) |2 Semesters| – N112,000
- Master in Managerial Psychology |4 Semesters| – N150,000
- M.Sc Psychology |2 Semesters|N75,000
- M.Sc Sociology |2 Semesters|N75,000
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Masters in Natural Resources Management|4 Semesters| – N75,000
- M.Sc Botany and Microbiology|2 Semesters| – N90,000
- Masters in Environmental Management |4 Semesters| – N120,000
- PGD Environmental Management |2 Semesters| – N60,000
- M.Sc Information Technology |2 Sessions| – N225,000
- PGD Computer Science|3 Semesters| – N150,000
- M.Sc Mathematics|2 Semesters| – N90,000
- M.Sc Chemistry|2 Semesters| – N90,000
- PGD Mathematics|3 Semesters| – N75,000
- M.Sc Statistics|2 Semesters| – N90,000
- PGD Statistics |3 Semesters| – N75,000
- Masters in Applied Geophysics|4 Semesters| – N75,000
- PGD Applied Geophysics|2 Semesters| – N60,000
- M.Sc Physics – N90,000,
- M.Sc industrial chemistry — N90,000
- M.Sc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management Programme.—N90,000 for department charges
- M.Sc Geoscience – N150,000
- M.Sc Biochemistry – N90,000
- M.Sc Biomedical Engineering – N90,000
- M.sc Fisheries – N75,000
- Masters of Aquatic Resources and Pollution Management – N75,000
- Masters of Natural Resources – N75,000
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- M. Sc Public Health (Community Health) 2 Sessions – N150,000
- All other courses in the College of Medicine pay N90,000 as tuitions excluding departmental charges which vary per department/course.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – N90, 000
See school fees of other institutions in Nigeria
- Igbinedion University School Fees (2023)
- Cotonou Universities & School Fees (2023)
- Bingham University School Fees ([year})
- Osun State University School Fees (2023)
- 10 Cheapest Federal Universities in Nigeria (2023)
- Ebonyi State University School Fees (2023)
- National Open University of Nigeria School Fees (2023)
- Best Boarding Schools in Nigeria & School Fees (2023)
- UNILAG School Fees for Undergraduates (2023)
- Kwara State Polytechnic School Fees (2023)
- UNILAG Postgraduate School Fees (2023)
- UNIZIK Postgraduate School Fees (2023)
- Lagos State Polytechnic School Fees (2023)
- Maritime Courses in Nigeria & Prices (March 2023)
- Lagos State University School Fees (2023) for Undergraduates
- FCE Kano School Fees (2023)
- NDA School Fees (2023)
- Lagos Business School Fees in 2023
- Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2023)
- UNILORIN School Fees (2023) – Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- Benue State University School Fees (2023)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University School Fees & Courses (2023)
- FUTA School Fees for 2023 Session
- Olabisi Onabanjo University School Fees (2023)
- FUTO School Fees – 2023 Session
- Covenant University School Fees (2023)
- Federal University Lokoja School Fees (2023)
- Private Universities in Abuja & their School Fees (2023)
- LAUTECH School Fees for Undergraduates & Courses (2023)
- UNIBEN Postgraduate School Fees (2023)
- Afe Babalola University School Fees (2023)
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2023)
- Kaduna State University School Fees (2023)
- Bowen University School Fees (2023)
- Babcock University School Fees (2023)
- Adeleke University School Fees (2023)
- Federal University Gashua School Fees & Courses (2023)
- UI DLC School Fees (2023)
- Nasarawa State University School Fees (2023)
- ABU Zaria School Fees & Registration Fees (2023)
- School Fees of Private Universities in Nigeria (2023)
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede School Fees (2023)
- OAU School Fees (2023) for Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Cost of Master’s Degree in Nigerian Universities (2023)
- American University of Nigeria School Fees (2023)
- Lead City University School Fees (2023)
- UNIPORT School Fees in 2023
- University of Ibadan School Fees (2023)
- UNN Postgraduate School Fees in 2023
- FUOYE School Fees – 2023 Session
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences School Fees (2023)
- University of Nigeria School Fees (2023)
- Kano State University (KUST) School Fees in 2023
- Sokoto State University School Fees (2023)
- Ekiti State University School Fees (2023)
- UNILAG Part Time School Fees (2023)
- University of Abuja School Fees (2023)
- Caleb University School Fees (2023)
When you say two semesters, does it mean a said amount is to be paid twice? for instance, MPIA (two semesters) is #112,000 . please explain. thanks
Somebody that want to study Msc in pol. Sci. How much is the total package nd if there s room for instalmental payment. What is the process of d payment accordingly?
Please I need clarification on the payment of tuition fee.For example,#60,000 is the fee for a PGD program that will run for three semesters part-time, will I pay #60,000 each for the three semesters?
Am interested in running a pgd in Guidance and counseling program…I need information on when the firm will be out.
Please I’ll like to know if you’ve applied for PGD Guidance and Counseling at Unilag. I am also interested in the course.
I need a great break down on your part-time programme in education psychology thanks .
What course can a third class in human anatomy do .
Good morning! Please can you give me the total break down of how much Public Health (Medical statistics option) will pay and for how many semesters. Thank you
All public health options pay N150k tuition fee for full time, and a total of 300k for part time.
Fees for PGD in Music is not stated
am also interested in this… if you have any info..please contact me .
how much is the tuition fees for Criminology, then under which faculty it belongs ?
what are the requirements for studying Criminology, then when will the application form be out for next academic session ?
sorry, i need a confirmation ASAP. Please is there any assurance that Unilag offers PGD in Public Administration? i need to know perhaps i see they only offer Masters in Public Administration and not PGD.
Can i pay my tuition fee twice?
Msc finance says N100000 and 3 semesters. Does it mean the 100k is for the 3 semesters
Pls I need information on fees for PhD in guidance and counselling
Somebody that want to study Msc in pol. Sci. How much is the total package nd if there s room for instalmental payment plan?
Abeg I need full explanation for Architectural pgd program like construction management how much is the form and school fees for the part time likewise when the form is it going to close and the duration for the program
Please, I am interested in running M.Ed in Guidance and Counselling Education part time. How much is the tuition fee, and how many times am I going to pay such amount before graduating?
Does Unilag offers educational management and leadership training as msc
Msc finance says 150k for two sessions. Does it mean 150k per session or 150k for the two sessions. Kindly give me the break down pls. Looking forward to your kind and positive response.
there is no tution fee for Maritime Administration and management
Please I need clarification on the payment of tuition fee for example 150000 is PGD comp science, 3semesters. does it mean the said amount is for all the semesters or per semester?
Also, see below and assist with the compulsory ones.
Acceptance fee – 61000.
IDcard – 1000
result verification – 5000
medical – 2500
library – 5000
informationtechnology – 2000
endowment fund -10000
TISHIP – 5000
Accomodation – 60000
The only thing that is optional there is accommodation
please i need explanation on PGD Accounting the stated fee is #75000 and there were no indications as to how many semesters/ sessions the program is going to be.
Many Thanks and anticipating your response.
PGD in computer science in 3 semester is #150,000 does that mean i will pay the amount each semester?
The school fee breakdown for PGDIP Maritime Administration Management is not stated here please.
i need to know if there is part time for masters in natural resources
Please how do I pay my obligatory fee?
Please how do i pay my obligatory fees
I want to run my masters in English language. S what’s the total package. What’s the cost of their form?