Xiaomi is not the first name that pops to your mind when it comes to smartphones. You wouldn’t expect anything less from a smartphone world already dominated by the likes of Samsung, Apple and even likes of Tecno and Infinix.
Regardless, the mobile world has been overly impressed with the contribution of Xiaomi to the mobile industry so far. The brand has produced amazing smartphones that can compete with the very best in the market and their latest, the MI 9, only joins the list of other outstanding products.
If you want to know more about the Xiaomi MI 9, you are on the right page. In this post, we will consider the smartphone’s core specifications, reviews and how much it goes for in the current market in Nigeria.
Xiaomi MI 9 Price in Nigeria
Xiaomi MI 9 sells for anything between N90,000 and N110,000 depending on the variant you are going for, the currency exchange rate as at the time of purchase, and period of purchase.
Xiaomi MI 9 Specs at a Glance
- Display: 6.39-inches AMOLED 1080 x 2160 pixels, with 400ppi
- Dimension: 157.5 x 74.7 x 7.6 mm
- Processor Type: Octa Core single 2.8 GHz Kryo 485, three 2.4 GHz Kryo 485 and four 1.7 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB, 512GB
- Back Camera: primary 1 48MP (1/2″, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF), 12MP telephoto (2x optical zoom, f/2.2 aperture, 54mm, 1/3.6″, Laser/PDAF, 1.0µm) and 16MP ultrawide (1/3.0″, 1.0µm, Laser/PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 13mm) with Dual LED flash, panorama and HDR
- Front Camera: 20 MP (f/2.0 aperture and 0.9µm). Video recording at 1080p@30fps
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint (on-screen), Gyroscope
- Battery: 3, 300 mAh with support for wireless and fast charging
Xiaomi MI 9 Review
Xiaomi MI 9’s major highpoints goes to the 20W wireless charging, which is the very first for any smartphone, its triple lens camera at the rear, its in-display fingerprint sensor and latest QUALCOMM chip. Whiles there are a lot of features you’d love in this smartphone, there are some few others you might not like. For instance, the absence of 3.5 mm headphone jack and the fact that you cannot expand the internal memory storage as there is no SD card slot.
Let us take a deeper look at the smartphone’s features.
Does this smartphone boast one of the very best designs in recent times? Arguably. It is one phone you can fall in love with at first glance and stare at all day. The fact that it is easy to hold in the hand and slips perfectly in the pocket is one to be applauded. It is thin bezel across the sides, top and bottom.
At the top of the phone are the microphone and IR blaster and at the lowermost are the USB Type-C port and speaker grid. It has arch edges with aluminium frame. The front is designed out of corning gorilla glass 6 for screen protection and the back is less protected from fall because of the corning gorilla glass 5.
Display is one key part Xiaomi gets another A. The MI 9 features the trending teardrop notch display which produces colourful and sharp images. Mi 9 is a 6.39-inche super AMOLED device with 1080 x 2340 pixels (FHD+) screen resolution, 85.2% screen to body ratio, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403 PPI pixel density and it support HDR10.
If you are a lover of smartphone cameras, then you will most likely develop a special affection for this smartphone. The camera of this device rates with the very best in the mobile market at the moment. You can easily compare this with the likes of Samsung S10 and the Huawei P20 Pro thanks to its triple camera set at the rear.
The smartphone boasts 48MP steady camera, 16MP ultra wide angle camera and additional 12MP telephoto lens camera. It uses dual LED flash and support video recording in 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240fps and 1080p@960fps. It also boasts a 20 MP front shooter for selfie and can record video in 1080p@960fps.
Xiaomi MI 9 packs a strong 3, 300 mAh battery capacity. While on paper, this capacity looks relatively small compared to some other smartphones in its category, initial users have commended the strength of the battery. Regardless of the capacity, you can conveniently use the device for hours without charging it. When fully charged, you can use the device for a whole day.
One of the core highpoints of the device is that it supports 20W wireless charging technology. It is the very first in the world to boast this feature. This means you can fully charge the device from 0 percent in 1 hour and few minutes.
Xiaomi made a statement with the release of MI 9 when it comes to smartphone performance. The device boasts Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset complemented by Adreno 640 GPU. It uses a 7nm octa core CPU with speed up to 2.8GHz (single 2.8 GHz Kryo 485, three 2.4 GHz Kryo 485 and four 1.7 GHz Kryo 485). This processor rates among best smartphone processor till date. The GPU perfectly handles any graphics related operations without the phone hanging.
The phone runs on MIUI 10.2 based on Android 9.0 Pie. It is also available in two variants – one with 6 GB RAM while the other has a higher 8 GB RAM with 64 GB and 128 GB respectively.
Check Prices of Other Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 & 8A Prices in Nigeria (July 2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price in Nigeria (July 2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Price in Nigeria (July 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Price in Nigeria (July 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Price in Nigeria (July 2020) + Review
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Price in Nigeria (July 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Price in Nigeria (July 2020)